Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:10 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,184,660 times

Advertisements

It appears we are done with the majority of warm weather here for a while. The only thing I don't like about that is it probably means that Sunday was the last day I'd get to have the top down on my car for another 5 months at least. Except for maybe one or two random days this winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 05:45 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
It appears we are done with the majority of warm weather here for a while. The only thing I don't like about that is it probably means that Sunday was the last day I'd get to have the top down on my car for another 5 months at least. Except for maybe one or two random days this winter.
I'm happy it's cooled down. Right now, at almost 7 pm, it's in the mid 50s here in DFW. The front blew through around 3 or 4 pm.

You're going to have to put a hold on that wild, reckless, top-down life you lead for 5 or 6 months Nameless..

Old 10-22-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I'm happy it's cooled down. Right now, at almost 7 pm, it's in the mid 50s here in DFW. The front blew through around 3 or 4 pm.

You're going to have to put a hold on that wild, reckless, top-down life you lead for 5 or 6 months Nameless..
Yes, I got my car in early April and by the first of May at least every afternoon is top down weather and by the first of June it is 24/7. Then come September the nights get too cold again and now it's all over. I say if it's 70+ and sunny then it's warm enough and 75+ with cloudy. There are a ton of convertibles around here, I figure it's because we are so used to the wind it's no big deal.

Speaking of winter, sunset is at 6:45 now. A week from Sunday it's going to be near 5:30 though, hello winter.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:09 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Yes, I got my car in early April and by the first of May at least every afternoon is top down weather and by the first of June it is 24/7. Then come September the nights get too cold again and now it's all over. I say if it's 70+ and sunny then it's warm enough and 75+ with cloudy. There are a ton of convertibles around here, I figure it's because we are so used to the wind it's no big deal.

Speaking of winter, sunset is at 6:45 now. A week from Sunday it's going to be near 5:30 though, hello winter.

Hello Winter, and WELCOME! No lawn mowing, no swimming pool cleaning, lots of football on TV, and I get to REST on the weekends!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:16 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,787,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Hello Winter, and WELCOME! No lawn mowing, no swimming pool cleaning, lots of football on TV, and I get to REST on the weekends!
No wonder my weekends seem longer now, duh

Old 03-09-2009, 12:11 AM

91 posts, read 434,155 times
Quote:
I was reading a thread about Atlanta winters over in the Georgia forum. Needless to say I was quite amused. I know everything is relative, but they were making it sound like Atlanta has frigid winters. If Atlanta is frigid than what does that make OKC? And we are a good 5-10 degrees colder in winter. Atlanta has a latitude basically that of the Red River.

I must say, winter in OKC is very annoying to me, being a snow lover. Not cold enough for snow to come and last but too cold to go outside without a jacket, 95% of the time. If it's not going to be cold and snowy it might as well be Miami Don't forget those darn ice storms And I'm sorry but I'll disagree with those who say we get just enough winter to enjoy it, no...sorry. I don't call maybe building one snowman a year, enough.

10 cities I'd hate to live in during winter:

OKC (Guilty)
Little Rock
Memphis
Nashville
Charlotte
Richmond
Washington D.C.
Louisville
Wichita
Amarillo

What are yours? Mine are because of the in between climate, yours can be whatever.
Yeah i agree with you, i hated that OKC was freezing but NEVER snowed and stuck to the ground.
I then lived in Toronto for a lil while and snow was 3 feet high, and LOVED it. mainly because toronto is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:43 AM

47 posts, read 224,380 times
Atlanta and OKC actually have similar weather. The only real difference is the WIND.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasafras View Post
Atlanta and OKC actually have similar weather. The only real difference is the WIND.
Not to mention, humidity and rain. Seems Atlanta is warmer in winter and cooler in Summer too.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:01 PM

279 posts, read 1,013,900 times
I remember the Ice Storm of 2007 here in Oklahoma. It hit the state hard.
But i got out of school all week so it was kind of cool.
(Although we had no power for a week.) Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City