Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:16 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times

Advertisements

Hey synopse,

I thought of you the other day when we were driving through Ada. They are building a huge building just west of ECU. I will take a pic tomorrow. I believe it will be for concerts and such. It looks ~really~ nice, almost like it doesn't belong in Ada.

At least Ada is considered a city. When I was in 6th grade we moved back to OK from So. California. It was very difficult to say the least.

I think I would rather have my two boys age 16/17 whining about nothing to do, than to have them getting involved in some craziness in california.

Good luck with your move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 04:18 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
redbird, i am sorry to hear that you are going for cancer treatments. best wishes.

you know some towns just affect us a certain way. while everyone thought that del mar, ca was wonderful and paradise, i disliked the entire san diego area, del mar the most.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:10 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times
I like Ada quite a bit. It seems to be growing now. The Chickasaws have started some new businesses in town, like the lazertag place. We have the choice of Seminole, McAlester, and Ada as our "big town" to go for shopping, medical, etc. Ada has the best by far. From reading their newspaper, I do get the feeling that "the old guard" controls the town. I just wish they would fix that crazy corner.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 PM

I know that "crazy corner" in Ada all too well.

Stupid people can't seem to grasp the concept of a 4 way stop sign. There's always that one driver who hesitates and causes everyone to get uptight about "losing" their turn to go.

This one lady started honking at me because we were both turning left. So I shook my finger at her and honked back! IT IS CRAZY!

Its always too hot there in the summer. Strange how certain towns affect us for no apparent reason.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:48 AM

I hesitated at the crazy corner when I first drove through there. I was completely mystified as to where I was supposed to go when my turn came. I don't honk my horn except in emergencies though.

Different towns have different personalities. I don't really like Marietta. Most people who drive through Holdenville probably don't think much of it, but the more I was around here the more I liked it. Then we moved near Holdenville and are very happy. I couldn't live in Holdenville, though, too many people!

Old 10-18-2007, 01:46 AM

Peg,

We don't know a soul in Holdenville. Except for the pharmacy people in wal-mart. And the occasional old coot that I talk to when I go to town. I love talking to old people. They are genuine and have a different outlook on life.

While in Ada, I went to Wal Mart and it was just waaay too big and crowded for me. Isn't that crazy? Here I came from the city of lights with a pop of 30million.

I went to a jack in the box in Ada. Haven't seen one of those in decades. Since I worked in one in Downey, CA back in 79. Please take note: the jumbo jack is not jumbo anymore. It is tiny now. What a rip off.

Peg, have you met the man with the patch on his eye yet? They sell eggs for a dollar a dozen. Hit him up. He hangs out at the Lion's club or something like that in Holdenville. Good people.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:33 AM

We know quite a few people in Holdenville. That's not because of me, I'm a hermit, but my DH is very friendly and goes to town just about every day. I haven't met the guy with the patch on his eye yet, or I don't think so. It's hard to keep track of so many people who all know each other. Holdenville has a majority population of old coots, and I like the older people. It is a good place to retire, if you can stand all those people around you. I like our little Walmart in Holdenville.

That's funny about coming from LA, and then the Walmart in Ada is too crowded for you. Everything is relative, I guess. The traffic in Holdenville bothers me sometimes, but then I stop to think about the real traffic I have driven in, and OKC doesn't really count.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:32 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Everything is relative. I used to drive 30 minutes to town in CA to shop, and now that Muskogee is only 35 to 40 minutes from here it feels far away. I seldom go there, and yet I would drive into town in CA three times a week.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
We know quite a few people in Holdenville. That's not because of me, I'm a hermit, but my DH is very friendly and goes to town just about every day. I haven't met the guy with the patch on his eye yet, or I don't think so. It's hard to keep track of so many people who all know each other. Holdenville has a majority population of old coots, and I like the older people. It is a good place to retire, if you can stand all those people around you. I like our little Walmart in Holdenville.

That's funny about coming from LA, and then the Walmart in Ada is too crowded for you. Everything is relative, I guess. The traffic in Holdenville bothers me sometimes, but then I stop to think about the real traffic I have driven in, and OKC doesn't really count.
Sorry to stray off topic. But the man who sells egss is from Yeager, not Holdenville. If you ever go vote, you will see him there. He loaned us a wheelchair to go to the state fair. He will deliver eggs too.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:08 AM

Thanks, Redbird, I will look him up. Yeager is one of the many communities that are in the Ada shopping area.

So Jessaka, is Muskogee the best shopping around Talequah? How much more time would it be to go to Tulsa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma