Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 11:38 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times

Advertisements

Yeah, the guy at Fowler said he could not take the cable off the post. Whatever!

Pretty soon, autotech,YOU will become one of the DEMON dealer service guys. Noooo! Not our young and innocent autotech guy! Say it ain't so!

I will have to take MKF's advice and put some grease on the posts. I only have bacon grease on hand. Will that work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
Awesome, Redbird! I am glad to hear you were able to get your car working again. Maybe you could try returning the part you ordered if you still have the receipt. If not, you can keep it, like you said, just in case.

Yeah, I do not understand what is the trip with these dealerships and it prices for parts. It does not seem to matter what manufacturer you are dealing with, you will expect a costly bill.

People tell me that independent shops are the best place to have you car worked on, as well as ordering parts but of course, it all depends on who and what.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:49 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Yeah, the guy at Fowler said he could not take the cable off the post. Whatever!

Pretty soon, autotech,YOU will become one of the DEMON dealer service guys. Noooo! Not our young and innocent autotech guy! Say it ain't so!

I will have to take MKF's advice and put some grease on the posts. I only have bacon grease on hand. Will that work?
Hey Redbird,

If you have any "white grease" in the house, that will work just fine. White grease is, "Vaseline".

Old 12-20-2008, 11:53 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:

I'd suggest something alittle heavier and nonflammable, like vicks vapor rub or vasoline
use that if you have it.
BTW, There is such thing as a "battery terminal puller" any mechanic without one is not complete. In fact, you can buy them at Autozone for next to nothing.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:56 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'd suggest something alittle heavier and nonflammable, like vicks vapor rub or vasoline
use that if you have it.
BTW, There is such thing as a "battery terminal puller" any mechanic without one is not complete. In fact, you can buy them at Autozone for next to nothing.
Who said to use VICK Vapor rub? Yikes that would create a problem. I said White greas "Vaseline, its patrolium product like axle grease, but not as thick.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:22 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,502 times
Quote:

Believe me, I have tried my best to get a job at Honda independent shops, as well as BMW independent shops, and they either were not hiring or were looking for ASE certified automotive technicians. I am still an entry-level technician and was extremely blessed to receive a job a a Honda dealer.

I too, would suggest to put Vaseline on the positive and negative posts of your battery.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Who said to use VICK Vapor rub? Yikes that would create a problem. I said White greas "Vaseline, its patrolium product like axle grease, but not as thick.
I said Something "like",vicks, compared to bacon grease.

White grease would be best, you can buy a small tube of it....... around 2.00

Old 12-20-2008, 01:42 PM

Really, you should be using dielectric grease to reduce corrosion on the posts, but Vaseline works just as well.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:01 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
My gripe is just seems like whenever I take my car to the dealership, *which is almost NEVER, they always seem to find some catastrophe that will happen unless I change something, or have something fixed.

While I was there, some guy getting an oil change was told he needs to have his power steering fluid drained and changed because it causes corrosion to the whole sterring system. For big $$ of course.

I have had my Honda for 5 years and never have any problems...unless I take it to the dealership.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
My gripe is just seems like whenever I take my car to the dealership, *which is almost NEVER, they always seem to find some catastrophe that will happen unless I change something, or have something fixed.

While I was there, some guy getting an oil change was told he needs to have his power steering fluid drained and changed because it causes corrosion to the whole sterring system. For big $$ of course.

I have had my Honda for 5 years and never have any problems...unless I take it to the dealership.
Wow, I am sorry to hear that. It makes me want to find a job at an independent shop because many friends I know dislike dealerships as well because of what they go through. I am only at the dealership I am as a learning experience and for school.

I truly do wish you well in the future with your Honda, redbird, and hope you can find an independent shop (or maybe a dealer) that will treat you and your car well without shrinking your wallet.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:

While I was there, some guy getting an oil change was told he needs to have his
Quote:
power steering fluid drained and changed because it causes corrosion to the whole sterring system.
For big $$ of course.

That's BS. How is it going to cause corrosion in the whole system when the fluid circulates from the pump to the gear box? ..........maybe I'm too old school. Rack-n-Pinion maybe different
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma