Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 07:26 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times

Advertisements

While I was looking for that trailer trash post for Seabee, I re-read a lot of our old okie chat posts. Geez, we were a chatty bunch at one time.

And I noticed quite a few posts by people who were thinking of moving to OK, educator1953 being one of them. Educator1953 I hope your dreams of retiring in OK are still alive.

I hope others who move here are as good a people as Colleeng and her family, and tough as karibear, and resourceful as MK, and mean and loving as our BFF Mod, LadyRobyn. And the others who moved here and have survived the ticks, chiggers, the constant wind, and thank God the negative Nelly's who post hate towards Oklahoma are keeping our state underpopulated and "backward".

Old 03-08-2009, 09:10 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,546,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
While I was looking for that trailer trash post for Seabee, I re-read a lot of our old okie chat posts. Geez, we were a chatty bunch at one time.

And I noticed quite a few posts by people who were thinking of moving to OK, educator1953 being one of them. Educator1953 I hope your dreams of retiring in OK are still alive.

I hope others who move here are as good a people as Colleeng and her family, and tough as karibear, and resourceful as MK, and mean and loving as our BFF Mod, LadyRobyn. And the others who moved here and have survived the ticks, chiggers, the constant wind, and thank God the negative Nelly's who post hate towards Oklahoma are keeping our state underpopulated and "backward".
Actually, Redbird, I have lived in Duncan, OK, all my life. I am semi-retired. I retired in '07, but was asked to teach part time for the past two years. I will go back into full retirement at the end of May.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:40 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
Quote:
Tough? Tough? Makes me feel like I should crack down on them there yard boys and squint into the sun and say "Make my day!" while chewing on a cigar...

Old 03-08-2009, 09:48 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Tough? Tough? Makes me feel like I should crack down on them there yard boys and squint into the sun and say "Make my day!" while chewing on a cigar...
Now this I've gotta see,..

Old 03-08-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Now this I've gotta see,..
Cross your fingers and hope you never do. It's not a pretty sight!

Old 03-08-2009, 11:56 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Cross your fingers and hope you never do. It's not a pretty sight!
I'll just be abscent more often.......like LR.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:51 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:

Ya we were, weren't we ,
Bjb123 and I are still talking about Oklahoma as a big part of our future. but we're just takin out time to talk the plung. Especially since one of my sibling has moved from Texas back to the buckeye state. Now we know it will be safe for us to move to Oklahoma and not be bothered by my family . Don't get me wrong, I love my brothers and sisters. But they are living proof that God has a sense of humor, he puts us with people (family) that we would normally not associate with.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:51 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Yes, RB, we were a very chatty bunch back then. I really miss those days.

We're happily settled in OK, as is Kari, who arrived shortly after we did. We need to do another gathering sometime soon. Like the one we posted on the forum when we all went to lunch.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Yes, RB, we were a very chatty bunch back then. I really miss those days.

We're happily settled in OK, as is Kari, who arrived shortly after we did. We need to do another gathering sometime soon. Like the one we posted on the forum when we all went to lunch.
I'd go for an annual meeting. Just keep in mind, whoever organizes it has to remember to organize a ride there and back for me!

Old 03-08-2009, 09:13 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Ya we were, weren't we ,
Bjb123 and I are still talking about Oklahoma as a big part of our future. but we're just takin out time to talk the plung. Especially since one of my sibling has moved from Texas back to the buckeye state. Now we know it will be safe for us to move to Oklahoma and not be bothered by my family . Don't get me wrong, I love my brothers and sisters. But they are living proof that God has a sense of humor, he puts us with people (family) that we would normally not associate with.
Thanks for the chuckle with that last sentence. He also gives us life in an area where he knows we'll hate the weather.

And chatty??? I do way too much of that so I often just come here and read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma