Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 06:34 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times

Advertisements

You won't get Gays and African American to believe , That Oklahoma Is Prime Real Estate For Folks Not On The Extreme Far Right , Until OKC & Tulsa Vote A Democratic Candidate Into The White House/ Mayor Office OKC/Tulsa/ Governor Mansion In OKC......

OKC/Tulsa African American Police Chief .......Gay Police Chief OKC/Tulsa
OKC/Tulsa Fire Chief Gay Or AA......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 11:33 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
1. I don't think that they "banned the American Flag". It's the FLAG POLLS that were of concern. At a foot ball game.

2. I am a liberal progressive Christian and a "salt of the earth, loyal American type" who contributes to charities that help veterans, sends greeting cards to soldiers at Walter Reed at Christmas time, and has a house festooned with American flag buntings. I live in Ohio. A pretty moderate state, and I am happy here.

3. My dad, a former Marine, Koran conflict vet, and a Republican - old school type, does not question my loyalty to America, nor does he question weather or not I or anyone who disagrees with him is a "loyal American". Why should you? I have a nephew in the US Navy right now, and two other relatives in the Air Force.

4. Loyal Americans live is Massachusetts and Mississippi, North Carolina and Nebraska, Hawaii and Alaska. Florida, Michigan, Texas, Minnesota, Maine, California, Indiana, New York, and Oregon.

And Oklahoma and Ohio.

And in the rest of the states I did not mention. There is no one region, party, or state, that "corners the market" on loyalty and patriotism. People display their patriotism in a variety of ways.

Peaceful protest, and being critical of our country at times is part of that. As is flag waving, buntings and parades.

"This Land is Your Land, This Land is My Land".... Woody Guthrie. Come to think of it, wasn't he from Oklahoma?

America is big enough for both of us, and all of us. And Christianity is not a "state religion". State mandated religions were one of the reasons why people came to America. To practice the religion of their choice - or no religion at all.
I'm a moderate progressive Christian African American Veteran ....whom had dinner before in the
Home of an White Caucasian Active Duty United States Marine Corp Personnel along with his Lovely Wife and Family.

I'm friends and friendly with Caucasian , Asian , Chicanos Latinos of Color , NDN'S and last but not
Least African American. All of these various groups of Peoples Would Gladly Take A Bullet for the good
Ole United States of American , without doing something SUPERFICIOUS LIKE WAVING OLD GLORY.

A Whole Lot Of People Waving Old Glory Would Not Give Theirs Life's For It....

Old 11-05-2016, 04:50 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
LOL.

You need to talk to bawac about how "liberal" Oklahoma is.

We're the Reddest of the Red, in terms of skin tone and socio-politically.

At least in Owasso (not the case of South Carolina) sounds like they don't want the students blocking everyone's view. They need to let them bring them in, run on the field at halftime with it, and then put them away.

Problem solved.
Oklahoma is so red even the dirt is red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, Oklahoma conservatives think it's far more important to watch every moment of a football game without having to live with taking a chance with the American flag blocking the view for one moment.
#neverstopswhining.

Sickening. Disgusting. Incredibly boring.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:43 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
^^^This

I heard a few people in line to vote today talking about how SQ 792 will destroy the Christian nature of Oklahoma by eliminating 3.2 beer and allowing beer and wine to be sold in grocery stores. While other states are legalizing marijuana, Oklahoma can't even get past prohibition.

Old 11-06-2016, 12:30 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
^^^This

I heard a few people in line to vote today talking about how SQ 792 will destroy the Christian nature of Oklahoma by eliminating 3.2 beer and allowing beer and wine to be sold in grocery stores. While other states are legalizing marijuana, Oklahoma can't even get past prohibition.
They surely believe Jesus turned water into grape juice, not wine.

I wonder what they said in line in 1959 about the Christian nature of Oklahoma when Oklahoma voted to repeal prohibition of alcohol, so liquor stores could open in every county?

Old 11-06-2016, 01:45 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
^^^This

You can't buy beer or Wine at a 7-11 in Oklahoma?

Are you serious ?

What is a 3.2 beer? alcohol content ?

Old 11-06-2016, 01:36 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Strong beer or wine can not be sold at any 7-11. The only beer allowed to be sold in stores, like 7-11, can't have any more than 3.2% alcohol. Liquor stores do not sell 3.2% beer. They can sell anything stronger that that all the way up to Everclear, but nothing is allowed to be sold chilled.

Since prohibition was repealed in the 1930s, the Baptists had believed that Oklahomans could not handle having easy access to anything stronger than 3.2% beer. But since 1959, heavy bans on alcohol have slowly been falling. In 1984, Baptists, or at least big city Baptists, decided that Oklahoma was finally mature enough to handle liquor by the drink, but only if any counties wanted it. To this day, though, close to a 24 out of 77 counties still fear they can't handle liquor by the drink, so it remains banned. So if you go in one of their Mexican restaurants and order a Margarita, the waiter will look at you like you're an idiot.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:46 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
^^^This

People are e titled to have and voice opinions which may not necessarily be your's.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:50 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You can't buy beer or Wine at a 7-11 in Oklahoma?

Are you serious ?

What is a 3.2 beer? alcohol content ?
StillwaterTownie explains it.

The big brewers (Miller-Coors, Anheuser-Busch) water down their products which usually range from 4.1% to 6% depending on the beer to 3.2% alcohol to sell in Oklahoma and Utah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
People are e titled to have and voice opinions which may not necessarily be your's.
I am not disputing that. We will see on Tuesday whether or not that opinion is the majority.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:00 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
It does not matter what Tuesday brings. An individual is entitled to his/her opinion and voicing that opinion.

If high alcohol beer 24/7 and upscale shopping is of such importance to you - ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma