Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:44 PM

330 posts, read 970,214 times

Advertisements

What's the word on the superhighway and does anyone what Oklahoma is doing to fight it?

Old 05-28-2008, 05:50 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
What's the word on the superhighway and does anyone what Oklahoma is doing to fight it?
Yikes! I didn't know anything about it. I checked it online after your post, and only read the one by Ron Paul. Have to do more investigation into this hmmmm

Old 05-28-2008, 06:06 PM

330 posts, read 970,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Yikes! I didn't know anything about it. I checked it online after your post, and only read the one by Ron Paul. Have to do more investigation into this hmmmm
It goes by a few different names like TTC, Trans-Texas Corridor and the North America Corridor, which just spells out NAU, North American Union. Looks like Texas is rolling over, just like it does on everything else, so I hope Oklahoma can cut it off.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:14 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,828,166 times
Quote:
Here Colleen:

FactCheck.org: Wrong Paul

Here techienomad:

NAFTA bill killed in the Senate

I didn't even know this old chestnut was still around... but if you wanna jump in head first, here ya go: SuperHighway Home Have fun.

The whole "idea" was spawned (for the most part) from these two items:

SPP Myths vs Facts (http://www.spp.gov/myths_vs_facts.asp - broken link)

North America's SuperCorridor Coalition, Inc. (http://www.nascocorridor.com/commondetail.asp?id=2190 - broken link)

Mmmkay buhbye! http://bestsmileys.com/waving/5.gif (broken link)

Old 05-28-2008, 08:57 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,430 times
Thanks, LR. That was interesting reading. And answers my questions.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:32 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,425,495 times
Quote:
Thanks, LR. That was interesting reading. And answers my questions.

Check this Immigration forum and get all the information(updated) you need on NAFTA., aka NAU

Illegal Immigration ALIPAC Forums-viewtopic-STATES ANTI-NAU, NAFTA, ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION UPDATE 2007-2008

Or Illegal Immigration ALIPAC

Or main source
Update on the Status of Anti-NAU, Repeal NAFTA, and Anti-Illegal Immigration Resolutions in State Legislatures, 2007/2008 | The John Birch Society - Truth, Leadership, Freedom (broken link)

Old 05-28-2008, 09:52 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,425,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Here Colleen:

FactCheck.org: Wrong Paul

Here techienomad:

NAFTA bill killed in the Senate

I didn't even know this old chestnut was still around... but if you wanna jump in head first, here ya go: SuperHighway Home Have fun.

The whole "idea" was spawned (for the most part) from these two items:

Quote:
SPP Myths vs Facts (http://www.spp.gov/myths_vs_facts.asp - broken link)

North America's SuperCorridor Coalition, Inc. (http://www.nascocorridor.com/commondetail.asp?id=2190 - broken link)

Mmmkay buhbye! http://bestsmileys.com/waving/5.gif (broken link)
Sorry LR. this is out dated. Too many of the "so-called" facts on the above links have already been overwritten.

I'm still an Advocate with ALIPAC. I not only fight Illegal Immigration, but I'm an advocate against NAFTA aka NAU, because they're connected.

Illegal Immigration ALIPAC

Old 05-28-2008, 11:11 PM

778 posts, read 2,322,402 times
OMG, I really hope OK will oppose this. Back home in Texas, our gov has continued to shove the NAFTA superhighway otherwise known as the Trans Texas Corridor heavily. Its going to be a mile wide $50 billion boondoogle. I'm all for progress but I am very against this because its literally going to rip the heart out of several communities along I-35 and not to mention it will destroy more farmland and encourage useless urban sprawl. Not to mention it will be a lovely corridor for illegal aliens and shipments to zoom right into the US (and trust me it will given Texas's hands-off policy towards immigration). Just great !

You can read all about this gem. Trans-Texas Corridor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It will concern Oklahoma since it will dump right into OK on the Red River boundary.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:50 PM

687 posts, read 2,350,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1soonerfan View Post
OMG, I really hope OK will oppose this. Back home in Texas, our gov has continued to shove the NAFTA superhighway otherwise known as the Trans Texas Corridor heavily. Its going to be a mile wide $50 billion boondoogle. I'm all for progress but I am very against this because its literally going to rip the heart out of several communities along I-35 and not to mention it will destroy more farmland and encourage useless urban sprawl. Not to mention it will be a lovely corridor for illegal aliens and shipments to zoom right into the US (and trust me it will given Texas's hands-off policy towards immigration). Just great !

You can read all about this gem. Trans-Texas Corridor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It will concern Oklahoma since it will dump right into OK on the Red River boundary.
Not if one Oklahoma state senator has his way (and I hope he does):

'NAFTA Superhighway stops here,' says Okla. senator

Old 05-29-2008, 07:19 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,065 times
Ane if anyone know how we can oppose it please email us. I oppose this. Just what we need. Mexico truckers delivery our goods and put our truckers out of business I guess. What gives with both parties in our government. They are all in favor of this nafta stuff which as one can tell hasn't been too good for us. I did hear Texas was infavor of nafta. Why!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma