Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 12:44 AM

70 posts, read 284,436 times

Advertisements

Tulsa has had a particularly terrible time over the last couple or so years dealing with murder and street gang related crime -yet Tulsa continues to enjoy a reputation of being one of the best places in Oklahoma (and even the entire nation) to live.

Tulsa is more dangerous than Lawton. But you'll rarely hear anyone be willing to confirm that. They would prefer it if Lawton had the bad reputation for the state and every other place with problems gets to slide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 11:53 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medgo View Post
I am a physician married and have an attractive job offer with good benefits at Lawton, Oklahoma ; however after reading several comments and answers to some threads specially on gang related crimes and other security matters am quite concerned for me and my family. Is it all true of what is said and if so how do professionals like me that live in Lawton, Oklahoma go about with daily living?
Would there be a city close by at a reasonable commuting distance for me to live in which could offer peace of mind and good conditions to raise our two
children (6 and 9 years old)
My dad was a military family physician and we were stationed at Ft. Sill for some time in the 80's. Several of my dad's fellow physicians in the military decided to get out of the Army and as far as I can tell they are still actively practicing medicine in Lawton and seem to be doing fine.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:13 AM

7 posts, read 23,773 times
Just relocated to Elgin. Great schools very small town. Everyone is friendly and there are great views. Lake Ellsworth and Lake Lawtonka are in the school district. Lots of wide open beautiful land. Very rural in places.
Good Luck!

Old 11-10-2009, 05:24 AM

7 posts, read 16,874 times
Default thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Pictures always speak louder than words. Here are some from North Duncan and Marlow: //www.city-data.com/forum/oklah...th-duncan.html

Driving to Lawton from Duncan. (These were taken in the Wintertime...not as green and pretty as it looks now!)

//www.city-data.com/forum/2649567-post595.html

And these were taken in Lawton...just for fun. //www.city-data.com/forum/2650054-post596.html

Beautiful Pics!

Old 11-19-2009, 05:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,676 times
Default Answer to your question about living in Lawton

Lawton not that bad. Just like any big city it has certain parts that are not exactly the type of place you would want to be. You have to really shop around. Ask your realitor. Or you could do what most of us do and live in one of the surrounding towns and just work in Lawton. I personally live in Meers but I have a Lawton address. Some of the smaller towns to check in for are Meers, Cache, Synder, Apache, Medicine Park, Altus, Duncan, Elgin. Elgin and Cache have really good schools. It's really beautiful country here. Good luck to you and your family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medgo View Post
I am a physician married and have an attractive job offer with good benefits at Lawton, Oklahoma ; however after reading several comments and answers to some threads specially on gang related crimes and other security matters am quite concerned for me and my family. Is it all true of what is said and if so how do professionals like me that live in Lawton, Oklahoma go about with daily living?
Would there be a city close by at a reasonable commuting distance for me to live in which could offer peace of mind and good conditions to raise our two
children (6 and 9 years old)

Old 11-22-2009, 07:22 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
It's been over a year now...I wonder what DR, Medgo has done.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:42 PM

2 posts, read 3,636 times
Well, Medgo and LadyRobyn, how is Lawton these days? My family and I are also considering relocating to Lawton. Thanks and God bless you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma