Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 09:46 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,917,593 times

Advertisements

Colleen and MK, thanks for the greetings. Too bad about C_O_G. I realize that the situation with her got very touchy, but I did used to enjoy her posts, and the exuberance that came through, the times when she would just be herself. Colleen, yes, I kind of figured that the reason there didn't seem to be anything on here recently from Casey was that he was staying busy adjusting to his first semester getting a healthy dose of college-level academic work. I'm not sure about Nameless. Is he a college student as well?

Interesting about all the younger people on here. I post fairly frequently on a couple of states' forums, there are three or four others I check back with from time to time, and there are others I'll look at every now and then if a headline on the main menu catches my eye, but I don't know that I've ever seen even one post from someone in the teens or very early twenties on any of these. Of course that leaves a lot of state forums I look at very infrequently, if at all, and I may have missed some others with younger users, but it's interesting that there are a number of forums I'm familiar with, and of those, this is the only one that has had several regular, enthusiastic members in the younger age group. What's going on there in OK? Is it something in the water? Whatever it is, it's good to check in here and soak up a dose of that youthful enthusiasm.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:25 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Colleen and MK, thanks for the greetings. Too bad about C_O_G. I realize that the situation with her got very touchy, but I did used to enjoy her posts, and the exuberance that came through, the times when she would just be herself. Colleen, yes, I kind of figured that the reason there didn't seem to be anything on here recently from Casey was that he was staying busy adjusting to his first semester getting a healthy dose of college-level academic work. I'm not sure about Nameless. Is he a college student as well?

Interesting about all the younger people on here. I post fairly frequently on a couple of states' forums, there are three or four others I check back with from time to time, and there are others I'll look at every now and then if a headline on the main menu catches my eye, but I don't know that I've ever seen even one post from someone in the teens or very early twenties on any of these. Of course that leaves a lot of state forums I look at very infrequently, if at all, and I may have missed some others with younger users, but it's interesting that there are a number of forums I'm familiar with, and of those, this is the only one that has had several regular, enthusiastic members in the younger age group. What's going on there in OK? Is it something in the water? Whatever it is, it's good to check in here and soak up a dose of that youthful enthusiasm.
I have afew other state forums that I post on too. I'm also the "Editor" for 3 [domain blocked due to spam] newspapers in 3 Cities in different states.
I think that teens aren't found on many forums because most of the topics or issues are about backwood history that's of no interest to them.
Maybe the younger generations should start thread just for their time period

Us elder generation have alot of Reminiscing we like to do. It can be boring to others

Old 10-16-2008, 06:27 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
Thank you, Synopsis, for the job search link as I will take full advantage of it before 2010. I also do appreciate you wanting to help me on my resume as well. If there really are Honda dealerships in Dallas that would pay for my remaining education and give me on the job training while going to school, I would just on that opportunity IMMEDIATELY! That would be such a blessing! How would that work out, just out of curiosity?
Look on the job boards for openings; some that will take you in with your current education level. Then, see if they will pay for your continued education while you work. It will probably take a little longer to get the degree, but you will be working gaining valuable experience WHILE you go to school. Good luck and God Bless!

Old 10-16-2008, 07:26 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
This is just a guess, and I don't mean to offend anyone on another state forum, but perhaps our enthusiastic response to young posters may have something to do with it. We LOVE our young posters (heck, I LOVE young people, period -- have two of my own, LOL).

Yes, Nameless was headed to SNU, and he has posted once or twice since school started, but Casey is MIA for a while now. COG tried to come back under a different name, but I believe the senior mods are going to decide if she can do that.

Good to hear from you, though.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:49 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Look on the job boards for openings; some that will take you in with your current education level. Then, see if they will pay for your continued education while you work. It will probably take a little longer to get the degree, but you will be working gaining valuable experience WHILE you go to school. Good luck and God Bless!
The only thing is with my school that you have to find a dealership that will sponsor you in order to get accepted into the program (and I have). For two full years (including through the summer) I go to school for eight weeks for training and for another eight weeks, apply that training at the shop you are working at (and I love it because it is a unique concept). I could probably try to work something out with my service adviser.

Last edited by autotech4dallas; 10-16-2008 at 03:18 PM..

Old 10-17-2008, 07:34 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,917,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
This is just a guess, and I don't mean to offend anyone on another state forum, but perhaps our enthusiastic response to young posters may have something to do with it. We LOVE our young posters (heck, I LOVE young people, period -- have two of my own, LOL).

Yes, Nameless was headed to SNU, and he has posted once or twice since school started, but Casey is MIA for a while now. COG tried to come back under a different name, but I believe the senior mods are going to decide if she can do that.

Good to hear from you, though.
Well, that theory makes sense (about why you get the younger users on here). It adds some energy to the forum for sure.

COG: I wouldn't know about policy issues, of course. As a CD member, and occasional visitor to this forum, from that perspective I'd say it would help for her to keep the tall tales under control, and that would be about the only issue. She was definitely one who added some liveliness to the forum.

Nameless: SNU . . . Southern Nazarene? Always seemd like a good kid, but it's understandable that he'd be kind of busy with the college life, and not have so much time to post.

Casey: It would be interesting to get an update on how OSU is treating him. He seemed enthusiastic about getting to OK and starting school there. Seemed to be a very level-headed young man.

Well, good to check in with everyone. Take care for now.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:16 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,186,541 times
Yes, I'm still alive. Hanging in there at school. Believe me guys, I do at least lurk around here every 3 or 4 days usually. Just being more selective with my posting I guess. I don't have time to read all day after all, but it's Fall break right now

Old 10-18-2008, 01:09 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
I too, enjoy the younger folks youthful exuberance, reminds me of a not to distant time for me also I enjoy OK also, but there have been some unfortunate challenges that may soon send me packing although I'd rather stay here

Old 10-18-2008, 04:58 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I too, enjoy the younger folks youthful exuberance, reminds me of a not to distant time for me also I enjoy OK also, but there have been some unfortunate challenges that may soon send me packing although I'd rather stay here
What are the challenges LeaveWI, if you don't mind me asking. If it's too personal, that's okay. I do wish you luck and hope you remain.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:57 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Yes, I'm still alive. Hanging in there at school. Believe me guys, I do at least lurk around here every 3 or 4 days usually. Just being more selective with my posting I guess. I don't have time to read all day after all, but it's Fall break right now

Hey, Nameless, always good to hear from you. I'm glad you're still around, lurking. Hope school is going well for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma