Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2008, 12:34 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times

Advertisements

Welcome back Nameless

Old 10-18-2008, 08:16 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Most of the young people who used to post all the time have begun their college careers, and that, I'm sure has a lot to do with their lack of time to talk to us older folk. We're so happy to have Autotech4Dallas to keep us up with the younger generation. We all wish him the best.

Good to hear from you again. We have diminished somewhat, but its always good to hear from our former posters.
I have been pretty busy with school and work and get on this forum any free time I get. I know this is an Oklahoma forum and I probably have Texas-ized this thread and I am glad that you guys do not mind. If it does bother you guys, let me know and I will calm it down. I have tried posting on the Texas, as well as the Dallas forums about my future and some of the people there kinda ignore me. One guy on there got upset at me because I posted about David McDavid dealership in Dallas more than once, and it was an accident. I do thank you guys for welcoming me on this thread and you will hear from me for the next two years until I make it to Dallas. Thanks again.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:46 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
I have been pretty busy with school and work and get on this forum any free time I get. I know this is an Oklahoma forum and I probably have Texas-ized this thread and I am glad that you guys do not mind. If it does bother you guys, let me know and I will calm it down. I have tried posting on the Texas, as well as the Dallas forums about my future and some of the people there kinda ignore me. One guy on there got upset at me because I posted about David McDavid dealership in Dallas more than once, and it was an accident. I do thank you guys for welcoming me on this thread and you will hear from me for the next two years until I make it to Dallas. Thanks again.
Most of us have been pretty busy, even if we are well past going to school. It's always nice to have someone new with a lot of positive energy posting. And I think we are bright enough to be able to tell the difference between "I want to work for" and "I'm advertising," so don't worry too much about mentioning names more than once in a post. I haven't done much posting myself lately, because I've been following political arguments in another state forum - and they just plain wear me out!

Old 10-18-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Most of us have been pretty busy, even if we are well past going to school. It's always nice to have someone new with a lot of positive energy posting. And I think we are bright enough to be able to tell the difference between "I want to work for" and "I'm advertising," so don't worry too much about mentioning names more than once in a post. I haven't done much posting myself lately, because I've been following political arguments in another state forum - and they just plain wear me out!
Thank you karibear for you post. That does make me feel a lot better. I really appreciate your kindness.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:33 PM

466 posts, read 1,625,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Yes, it's a horrible place. Nobody wants to live there. Everyone is meth heads and they have no manners. Stay away; Austin is heaven on earth and there is nothing good outside of Texas or California.

You HAVE been forewarned!!!!
I agree, Cali and Texas are my favs! (lived in both states) BUT, you have to add Toronto!
If it weren't for the cold winters, Toronto in my heart beats out cali and texas!

Old 10-23-2008, 01:46 PM

Oklahoma does have a common methamphetamine problem and I clearly do not understand why. People tell me because there is nothing to do in Oklahoma, people resort to doing drugs and underage drinking at parties, which I think is a poor excuse to break the laws in my honest opinion. My mother tells me that people who are bored in life, are boring.

About four or five years ago, about 5 houses down from my house exploded due to a massive meth lab that went wrong. There was the biggest traffic jam in my neighborhood due to people scrambling everywhere.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:47 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,546,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKirby View Post
I agree, Cali and Texas are my favs! (lived in both states) BUT, you have to add Toronto!
If it weren't for the cold winters, Toronto in my heart beats out cali and texas!
All of Canada does, in my opinion, especially Newfoundland where I am an honorary citizen ......

Old 10-23-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
All of Canada does, in my opinion, especially Newfoundland where I am an honorary citizen ......
If I had to live in Canada, it would be Ontario because there is the biggest BMW car club, called "Max Bimmer" that is so crazy. Plus Ontario has beautiful scenery.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:04 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
I'd go for BC first, then the Yukon, then Alberta. Nice horse country, Alberta. But the mountains are best, and the Peace River, and... it's probably a good thing I'm too old and decrepit to just take off anymore.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:03 PM

466 posts, read 1,625,810 times
Yes Canadian places are lovely and clean. What happened to us Americans?!

lol, it went from an Oklahoman forum to Canadian forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma