Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 07:37 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,515,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCntryBumpkin View Post
From So Cal. Born and raised there. Lived in Tulsa '85 to '95, couldn't wait to get back to OK, but wanted Tahlequah for retirement. Maybe another day.
Welcome back to Okla. did you decide to settle in Tulsa or a burb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 06:32 AM

215 posts, read 525,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Welcome back to Okla. did you decide to settle in Tulsa or a burb.
Tulsa by the Farm for now. Just renting. Maybe the country later when established "locally".

Old 12-07-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Tulsa by the Farm for now. Just renting. Maybe the country later when established "locally".
Oh that is a pretty area. Well then big welcome to Tulsa and I hope you find everything you need here. We do have a lovely city to explore. There have been so many changes in the past few years.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:51 AM

215 posts, read 525,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Oh that is a pretty area. Well then big welcome to Tulsa and I hope you find everything you need here. We do have a lovely city to explore. There have been so many changes in the past few years.
No kidding. Traffic is much worse and I must agree with Annemieke about the roadwork. It's impossible to get around town without running into roadwork and there is no signage to steer you the right way. If you are unfamiliar with alternate routes, you're just out of luck. I hate sitting and burning up gas, so I'm doing everything close to home and Utica Square and dowtown will just have to wait.

I went to the swap meet in West Tulsa last weekend. BIG MISTAKE. My poor vehicle got beat to bits and trying to find the way (having never been there) was challenging. It's shocking how bad to freeway is and it makes you wonder about every bridge you cross. Will they stay up??

Old 12-09-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
No kidding. Traffic is much worse and I must agree with Annemieke about the roadwork. It's impossible to get around town without running into roadwork and there is no signage to steer you the right way. If you are unfamiliar with alternate routes, you're just out of luck. I hate sitting and burning up gas, so I'm doing everything close to home and Utica Square and dowtown will just have to wait.

I went to the swap meet in West Tulsa last weekend. BIG MISTAKE. My poor vehicle got beat to bits and trying to find the way (having never been there) was challenging. It's shocking how bad to freeway is and it makes you wonder about every bridge you cross. Will they stay up??
I really do agree with you on this, the construction and signage has gotten so much worse this past year. I avoid the expressways like the plague too many crazy and disrespectful drivers. I do not venture into West Tulsa at all it is just to confusing to me still after all these years. Too bad they don't have swap meets here in this area. I live right off of 51st and Harvard and this area is the pits as far as roadwork and traffic. I also stick to where I know and only go out when it is necessary and at the times of day the traffic is light. Hang in there though and if you need any info on creative detours feel free to ask I know your area and how to get around town via back ways very well.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:55 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,327,228 times
Don't think I'm gonna be on for awhile. My anti virus program just blocked 2 viruses from Google ads. There's no part of CD forums that isn't filled with Google ads.

Sigh. Not even gonna do any lurking.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:53 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,147,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Don't think I'm gonna be on for awhile. My anti virus program just blocked 2 viruses from Google ads. There's no part of CD forums that isn't filled with Google ads.

Sigh. Not even gonna do any lurking.
Mine just did the same thing, I think I'll bugger out of here to for a while, later gator.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:58 AM

19,725 posts, read 10,500,557 times

Old 12-24-2010, 07:05 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,543,686 times
And Merry Christmas to you also debey.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:12 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,436,175 times
Merry Christmas Eve y'all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma