Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2022, 12:06 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,531,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Redbird - enjoy!

Kansas State used to have the all-time worst record and division 1A football.

I got there right after Bill Snyder came to Kansas state. And I watched them rebuild that program from the ground up. It's great to see them do so well against OU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2022, 11:32 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,575,030 times
Default My Niece Go To OU......

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Kansas State used to have the all-time worst record and division 1A football.

I got there right after Bill Snyder came to Kansas state. And I watched them rebuild that program from the ground up. It's great to see them do so well against OU.
Shame On KSU for breaking her heart........

Old 10-13-2022, 11:36 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,575,030 times
Quote:
Foghat and Blue Oyster Cult will be at the Oklahoma State Fair. Talk about a blast from the past! I remember those guys from the '70s.
I Remember Slow Ride..........

Old 10-13-2022, 02:42 PM

I can't believe that University of Kansas is ranked number 19 in the nation and University of Oklahoma is not even ranked this year I mean right now.

I actually felt bad for OU last Saturday. It was so chaotic but with all the different quarterbacks and so on and so forth. I think this next game oh you had better try and pick up the pieces because they looked really bad this past couple of games.

Old 10-13-2022, 05:29 PM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:
I can't believe that University of Kansas is ranked number 19 in the nation and University of Oklahoma is not even ranked this year I mean right now.

I actually felt bad for OU last Saturday. It was so chaotic but with all the different quarterbacks and so on and so forth. I think this next game oh you had better try and pick up the pieces because they looked really bad this past couple of games.
Send the cheer leaders out.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Send the cheer leaders out.

Seeing how OU was playing that day they deserved a bronx cheer!

I'm happy to see that they survived University of Kansas.

Old 10-21-2022, 07:43 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,222,626 times
Rock Chalk.

KU grad. I was at Kansas during the Glen Mason years, we doing better finally. So many bad hires. So many.

I hope we can keep Leipold. With the last three games being sellouts he has to understand now that KU fans are insane and will be there for football if we win. There should be plenty of money to pay him after the basketball natty and the football wins this year. KU is even letting Leipold help design the new stadium.

Old 10-22-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Rock Chalk.

KU grad. I was at Kansas during the Glen Mason years, we doing better finally. So many bad hires. So many.

I hope we can keep Leipold. With the last three games being sellouts he has to understand now that KU fans are insane and will be there for football if we win. There should be plenty of money to pay him after the basketball natty and the football wins this year. KU is even letting Leipold help design the new stadium.
Cool that you were there at KU. I was in Lawrence and the early '80s and the late '80s as a student at Haskell Indian nations University. We used to always go to the KU home games and we would sit on that large grassy Hill and watch the home games for free.

I never got to see KU basketball team in person and I kind of regret that because they were always a great program. And I mean year after year.

Kansas State and KU were enemies! I remember when we made in Kansas state was making a rebound and the late '80s and we beat KU and what was called the toilet bowl, haha, and the announcer said at the end of the game please please do not tear down the goal posts. And everybody in the crowd started laughing and the students tore down the goal post and carried them all the way to aggieville. Which is where we used to party.

I think at one time there were more bars per square mile in Manhattan Kansas than any other city in the United states.

Old 10-22-2022, 02:57 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,222,626 times
Quote:
Cool that you were there at KU. I was in Lawrence and the early '80s and the late '80s as a student at Haskell Indian nations University. We used to always go to the KU home games and we would sit on that large grassy Hill and watch the home games for free.

I never got to see KU basketball team in person and I kind of regret that because they were always a great program. And I mean year after year.

Kansas State and KU were enemies! I remember when we made in Kansas state was making a rebound and the late '80s and we beat KU and what was called the toilet bowl, haha, and the announcer said at the end of the game please please do not tear down the goal posts. And everybody in the crowd started laughing and the students tore down the goal post and carried them all the way to aggieville. Which is where we used to party.

I think at one time there were more bars per square mile in Manhattan Kansas than any other city in the United states.
Wasn't it kinda odd back then to go to Haskell and then KSU? Most students, including my brother in law, went to Haskell and then to KU. Now students can graduate from Haskell of course.

When I was in school I worked at Godfather's pizza at 23rd and Louisiana down the street from Haskell delivering pizza, I've been there many times.

Old 10-24-2022, 10:17 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Finally some rain!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma