Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:34 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,170,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse--james View Post
Your favorite song must be "Walk Like and Egyptian" because you are living in DENIAL PitBullMommy.

From what your are saying, I guess that whenever a pitbull mauls someone -(and note that I said MAUL and not just bite) it's because the owner was stupid. (the fact that you have to walk on eggshells with this breed to avoid an attack frenzy is telling enough)

Let's do some logical deductions based on that assertion.
1. Whenever pitbulls go off on humans it's because the owners acted stupidly.
2. People who act stupid are stupid.
3. The vast majority of pitbulls will attack with less provocation than other breeds.
4. That means that the vast majority of pitbull owners are stupid.

Ding ding ding ding ding! ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!!!!!

Oh wait I meant for that to be like a game show bell! Not a dog fighting bell! I hope you weren't reading that out loud to your pitbull!! If so you are probobly getting mauled right now!
Wow.. lmao! Thanks for the laugh!! I needed that!! Oh, and yeah I was reading that out loud and I got licked half to death! I wonder if ignorance is painful?? As I said before, I'm done even responding to ill informed, close-minded, easily influenced, ignorant people. So, have fun living your life blind.. I'm done in this thread. There are soo many people out there that are willing to learn and have learned from my posts and posts from other people that know these amazing breeds and know the truth about them! I just received this PM a couple days ago.. "I just wanted to thank you on your posts. I never hated "pit bulls", FAR FROM THAT, I always thought that people are the ones who make them bad, but I didn't understand them very well until you opened my eyes with facts and other interesting stuff. Now I want one." and that's just the most recent one.. the last thing I need is to waist my time. If you have something to say in response to this I would suggest that you PM me because I'm not waisting my time in this thread anymore.. I know the truth and I have said all I have to say.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:06 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,906,202 times
Quote:
I understand that other breeds of dogs can bite too! The only difference is that pitbulls do have that muscle and skeletal structure that Matt mentioned combined with razor sharp teeth and they don't stop biting once they "go into that mode" -- they are bred to "shake em up!" -- unfortunately when a child is at the other end of a "pitbull attack frenzy" -- the result is a BLOODBATH!!!! Remember that story about the crack addict whose kid's diaper was attacked by the family "pet"? His privates were mutilated beyond repair!!! He lived but he has to take shots for testosterone for life because he has no testes. This happened in Omaha about 5 years ago - and it just happened in a very similar fashion in upstate N.Y. about a couple of weeks ago.

The dog breed that bites most frequently is the Golden Retriever. But it's always just that.......A bite. Not mauling. And the bites are less severe because that breed has "soft-mouth" -- bred with rounded teeth so as not to damage game in the field.

Everytime I read about a Pitbull turning on it's family -- the family seems so shocked. DUH!!!! You can't outlove the disposition!!! Perhaps in some cases the dog can die of old age before it snaps! But in far too many other cases (as we see frequently in the news with pitbulls) the dog snaps and turns on it's family-- or breaks loose and kills the neighbors dog -- or breaks loose and attacks a child - or a jogger .... etc... etcc... etc....

I understand this is your opinion. But you really need not incite hysteria with things you have NO educated clue on.

The things you are spouting about are caused by ignorant statements that the media emphasizes.

"razor sharp teeth" ...this statement alone proves to me, and I hope others, that you have no idea what you're talking about and it is a shame you have become a product of the media hype bandwagon.
"BLOODBATH"....you're a total HYPE machine!...lol...have you checked your blood pressure lately????

What you are saying is drivel. And things you are repeating are just things that you've 'heard' about. You don't work with the dogs on a daily basis...you don't even own one...so, for you to post comments like you do is just ignorant. That's where my job comes in...to try to educate the ignorant.
Believe me, it's a tough job trying to get through thick skulls...but I do it.

You are obviously trying to rile up PitBullMommie with your ridiculous statements...which I am happy to see, is NOT working...ROFL

My suggestion to anyone who is on that APBT-negative hype bandwagon, hop on off and go volunteer your precious time at a shelter and educate yourself before you spout off on things you have no clue about.

***PitBullMommie, I was trying to give you rep points out the wazooo, but it appears you will be added, once again to my IOU list. ***

Old 07-21-2007, 01:13 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
Quote:

Only a PITBULL would go into such a blind rage against a porcupine. The ability to snap is inherent to the breed. This is why dog-fighters pride them, and this is why these dogs are so dangerous.
The ability to "snap" is inherent in any breed, as in any human - good lord...you have GOT to be kidding. PLEASE show me the scientific evidence that says pit bulls "snap" more often than others. The "fight or flight" proclivity is in any species....you will meet just as many pits that will run with their tail between their legs if you even raise your voice to them as you will cocker spaniels.

Ever seen a bar fight? Some patrons of the bar run - others fight back - and then there's the idiot who isn't wired right who goes into the red rage and starts swinging at everything and everyone....and he's the one we read about in the paper. Same thing. You aren't reading daily about the pits that go into the hospitals and nursing homes as therapy dogs because that's just simply not sensational enough....think for yourself, man. You simply don't read about beagle bites - do you know there is a place in Missouri that banned LABRADORS? Mass hysteria over one unfortunate incident.

I have 6 Rottweilers, which also live on the edge of breed banning every day of their lives....people constantly say stupid things like, "aren't you afraid to be home with them all day?" Oh, how dumb....they are DOGS. I am their HUMAN. They have been trained right, brought up right, and I work with them every day.

What tripped Thunder and Lightning's trigger? Who the hell knows? But if they were acting strangely since the fireworks, I would have been super vigilant with them. I am not saying this is the owner's fault, I am NOT....but I AM saying there are signs - there are ALWAYS signs unless you have a dog that ain't wired right - and if you aren't watching t.v. so hard that you aren't paying attention to signs, then s--- happens.

The pit, much like the Rottie, the GSD, the mastiff, the ridgeback...these are working dogs. They NEED to work - they HAVE to work - it is breed standard. If you don't do the things they need to make them the best companion possible, you will most likely have a problem which you deserve from not doing right by that dog. The working and herding dogs are not for everyone, and THAT'S the mistake. Someone can feel sorry for the Rotts or the Pits being banned and decide to rescue one - well, if you aren't prepared to go the distance and do all the things the working breeds need, then you don't need that dog. Get a poodle, but for the love of God, don't get a working dog. They are large, they are powerful, and they are ACTIVE. If you're a couch potato, this is not the dog for you.

You are assuming a lot and presenting it as fact. Pit bull owners are not stupid. Pit bulls do not attack with less provocation....but I'll give you one point, stupid is stupid.

Whether someone wants to get a Rottweiler, an APBT, a collie, or a Shih Tzu - the first and foremost rule is DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Find out about that breed....don't love it because it's brindle or has long floppy ears or you like the look of a docked tail. Every breed has it's own standard - and yes, stupid people do not research the breed standard, or we wouldn't have shelters full of owner surrenders who didn't realize that Duke the Rottweiler puppy would grow up to be 125 lbs. of pure muscle in a puppy's body....gee...and we're the evolved species?

Old 07-21-2007, 01:36 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,089 times
jesse--james:
First of all, YOU LIVE in DENIAL, not Pit Bull Mommie!!!Let me tell you, my dad's friend has mentally ill daughter who has an APBT. THE DOG HAS NEVER EVER EVER TURNED ON HER!!!HE LOVED HER SO MUCH THAT EVEN WHEN SHE WOULD PULL HIM HARD FOR HIS TAIL OR POUR HOT SOUP DOWN HIS HEAD, HE WOULD JUST LICK HER HAND!!!PBM is RIGHT!!!Dog aggression doesn't exist, and I AM A FIRM BELIEVER that THERE HAS TO BE a reason behind an attack when it happens. I am always sad when I hear that some dog bit the kid or anybody else. BUT, THEY DON'T TELL DID THAT PERSON OR A KID DO SOMETHING TO THAT DOG THAT WOULD PROVOKE THE ATTACK IN THE MEDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2007, 02:28 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,906,202 times
Quote:
http://re3.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/2741790900 (broken link)

Only a PITBULL would go into such a blind rage against a porcupine. The ability to snap is inherent to the breed. This is why dog-fighters pride them, and this is why these dogs are so dangerous.

Read carefully: jesse james...BEFORE you post pics with untrue statements, find out first if your information is correct...

Snopes is an excellent source to find those things out, for those that don't know.
Urban Legends Reference Pages

Now, back to the photo you posted. I'd like to let everyone know that the dog in the photo is NOT a Pit Bull...it is a Bull Terrier...HUGE difference...Jess!
While the story is true, that the dog did end up with a face full of quills...the dog is NOT a 'pit bull'.

Here is a photo of a dog similar to the 'dog vs porcupine':

http://www.dog.com/breed/docgrafx/bullterw.jpg (broken link)

And here are the FACTS to follow it up with....

Pit Bull vs. Porcupine (Photos) - Netlore Archive

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Dog vs. Porcupine

Now who feels 'stupid'...

***And I'm still laughing at the "razor sharp teeth" comment from my previous post....lol sounds like someone needs to put down the Little Red Riding Hood storybook....lol***

Last edited by citybythebay; 07-21-2007 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: **Added another link**

Old 07-21-2007, 02:51 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,089 times
Default For Ignorant People!!!

Excellent Videos!!!

YouTube - Hero dogs
This one is for all the people who think these dogs are monsters!!!

YouTube - AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER...AN AMERICAN HERO

YouTube - The Great American Pit Bull Terrier

These two are only some of the excellent videos who describe this wonderful breed!!!

Old 07-21-2007, 03:07 PM

88 posts, read 106,944 times
Thanks for the SNOPES link -- it clearly states that this case was TRUE. And for the breed classification of the dog in question I will quote our beloved PITBULLMOMMIE. And I quote, " Wow! First of all "pit bull" isn't a breed! It's a term used to group three breeds.. American Pit Bull Terriers (APBT), American Staffordshire Terriers (AmStaff) and Staffordshire Bull Terriers (Staffie). " So according to PITBULLMOMMIE --someone who prides herself on knowing a lot about pitbulls. This dog would be included in the pitbull family a.k.a. Stafforshire Bull Terrier Thank you for validating my point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
Read carefully: jesse james...BEFORE you post pics with untrue statements, find out first if your information is correct...

Snopes is an excellent source to find those things out, for those that don't know.
Urban Legends Reference Pages

Now, back to the photo you posted. I'd like to let everyone know that the dog in the photo is NOT a Pit Bull...it is a Bull Terrier...HUGE difference...Jess!
While the story is true, that the dog did end up with a face full of quills...the dog is NOT a 'pit bull'.

Here is a photo of a dog similar to the 'dog vs porcupine':

http://www.dog.com/breed/docgrafx/bullterw.jpg (broken link)

And here are the FACTS to follow it up with....

Pit Bull vs. Porcupine (Photos) - Netlore Archive

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Dog vs. Porcupine

Now who feels 'stupid'...

***And I'm still laughing at the "razor sharp teeth" comment from my previous post....lol sounds like someone needs to put down the Little Red Riding Hood storybook....lol***

Old 07-21-2007, 03:17 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,009,478 times
Jesse,

I think the reason for posting the picture and telling everyone that it is one of the pitbull breeds is because the dog looks pretty harmless! Its practically Spuds McEnzie!

The reason people have to "walk on eggshells" with pitbulls is because of the treatment and training they've had. They are not just born with the need to kill. They are trained to be that way. Its pretty simple.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:46 PM

88 posts, read 106,944 times
Matt -
yeah --spuds was a BULL. Good thing he was too drunk to fight. But as far as pitbulls NOT being inherently mean - it's just not true. You can't just play a simple game of tug of war on a sock with a pitbull -- even the puppies are agressive. You stop the game and walk away -- then your leg gets chomped by the agressive pup. I've seen it time and time again.

And as far as the attacks go -- the maulings don't really happen with other breeds to the extent that they do with pitbulls. Other dogs do bite --but it's only a bite -with pitbulls its much more than just one bite it's a fight to the death!!! - you can't just explain away the endless data on pitbull attacks as "stupid people". -- perhaps this is why people want to have these animals in the first place- to try and prove that THEY are smarter and better than yokels whose dogs do attack.

Here is some of that data (All of these just within the last month)!!!:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=49447 (broken link)

Northwest Herald - Local News and Video for McHenry County, Illinois - Police shoot pit bull

B.C. pitbull attacks Saskatchewan farmer

http://www.knbc.com/news/13705803/de...ss=la&psp=news

Pitbull Attack - from KIMT.com – Iowa & Minnesota Together (broken link)

Pitbull Attacks! | KIII TV3 | Local News (http://www.kiiitv.com/news/local/8443112.html - broken link)

Pit Bull Attacks 72 year old woman | Local News | kgw.com | News for Oregon and SW Washington (http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/KGW_071407__news_pit_bull_attack.75d65515.html - broken link)

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=49447 (broken link)

globegazette.com - Archived News Story (http://www.globegazette.com/articles/2007/07/10/local/doc4693120992e9b258964900.txt - broken link)

Old 07-21-2007, 03:47 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,170,847 times
Quote:
Thanks for the SNOPES link -- it clearly states that this case was TRUE. And for the breed classification of the dog in question I will quote our beloved PITBULLMOMMIE. And I quote, " Wow! First of all "pit bull" isn't a breed! It's a term used to group three breeds.. American Pit Bull Terriers (APBT), American Staffordshire Terriers (AmStaff) and Staffordshire Bull Terriers (Staffie). " So according to PITBULLMOMMIE --someone who prides herself on knowing a lot about pitbulls. This dog would be included in the pitbull family a.k.a. Stafforshire Bull Terrier Thank you for validating my point!
Haha! Umm.. Again, you have proved just how much you do NOT know about these breeds! As I have said many, many, many times before and as you have obviously read before sinse you quoted me... "Pit bull" is a term used to group three breeds.. American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers. Where have I ever said that Bull Terriers were included?? The picture that you posted was a picture of a Bull Terrier not a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Maybe if I show you, you will understand because you obviously don't right now...

This is an American Pit Bull Terrier also known as a "pit bull"...

This is an American Staffordshire Terrier also known as a "pit bull"...

This is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier also known as a "pit bull"...

This is a Bull Terrier, NOT a "pit bull"...

So, you have just proved Citybythebay and myself right and you have proved that you really have no idea what you are talking about.

Here are websites on all 4 breeds. Maybe you couuld learn a little something from them...

American Pit Bull Terrier, Pit Bulls, Pitbulls

American Staffordshire Terrier Information and Pictures

Staffordshire Bull Terrier Information

Bull Terrier Information and Pictures, Miniature Bull Terrier

Again, you proved yourself wrong..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha