Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:36 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,955,069 times

Advertisements

I would like to counter the negative that we are always being subjected to on the web and focus on the positive. I think all people of every color are a gift to this world and would like to be more welcoming to all White Americans who are thinking of moving to OC. Some very talented, remarkable White Americans have grown up in OC, despite Santa Ana and Stanton.

Where do you think white people should move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 10:19 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,779,981 times
Where there are jobs, good schools, affordable (commensurate with incomes) housing, and low crime.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:53 PM

2 posts, read 7,074 times
Default what exactly do you mean a city for white people?

Sounds like you want this county to be considered racist, or is it really a covertly racist county subsisting on federal and local government venues, dont want the government to know but post it on the internet thinking its subtle? Or is it your own wishful thinking? I am white, green eyes and all but from a Spanish background from Andalucia and Catalan, Spain. Are you sure you are truly white? I have met many whites with diverse backgrounds which included black and spanish, but being embarassed( I can't imagine why) choose to embrace racist groups and become haters. As the Beatles sang, "all we need is Love". Jesus having said it first. How is it possible in todays America to have such ignorant people still? Lack of real self worth or education. But maybe I misread the whole thing. Hope so. Black president and all.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:56 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
You can fool around all you want Fontucky with your old wise-man tales.

I have lived all around and as an American of Hispanic descent...OC will always be the most racist place I have ever lived in. That includes Long Beach, San Diego, San Francisco, Tempe, Washington D.C., Miami, Orlando, Tampa, and New York City.

I have never been called a "saltwater wetb_ck" right to my face. I have never been asked if I speak English by a cashier at Starbucks. I have never been told that "all Mexicans are stupid" right to my face at work, until I lived in OC.

OC can rot in hell, I hope illegals take over your entire county.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:09 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
BTW that was supposed to be funny^^^ since this thread will be deleted/locked anyways.

.... but those things really did happen and OC does suck.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

"saltwater wetb_ck"
That's a new one.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:25 AM

60 posts, read 270,935 times
"Finally, though they won’t admit it, white people do not believe that learning English is difficult. This is because if it were true, then that would mean that their housekeeper, gardener, mother-in-law (if they are an elite white person) are smarter than them."

This isn't even relevant but whatevs, I felt like it was worthy of quoting

Old 07-11-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicoan View Post
"Finally, though they won’t admit it, white people do not believe that learning English is difficult. This is because if it were true, then that would mean that their housekeeper, gardener, mother-in-law (if they are an elite white person) are smarter than them."
Shouldn't that be "than they"?

Old 07-11-2010, 12:43 AM

60 posts, read 270,935 times
I didn't write it so I don't really care, but it would be "them", I believe, because "they" would make it like "that would mean that their .... are smarter than he", which is nonsensical.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:48 PM

2 posts, read 6,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicoan View Post

This isn't even relevant but whatevs, I felt like it was worthy of quoting

It's also worth noting that many white people who came to this country were not English speakers and that they had to learn the language too. So "whatever."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County