Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:54 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,055,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
Oh hell naw. Couldn't work there. and for $1.50 an hour at that??? K-9's get paid more than that on dog food.
That's minimum wage in 1971.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 09:15 AM

65 posts, read 147,181 times
No it's that Stupid Housewives show......................

Old 09-12-2011, 01:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,234,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
I wonder what they would have done if he had shaved his head?
A shaved head in 1971 meant you were playing football for Anaheim High.

Don't think Disney had to worry about a lot of guys showing up with shaved heads back then.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:19 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,246,413 times
Well, Disney gets about $2K/year from my wife and me...premium annual passes are non-negotiable with her. I decided to invest in DIS in her Roth IRA so at least the annual dividend will put about $80 back into her portfolio.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:51 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,929,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwong7 View Post
Well, Disney gets about $2K/year from my wife and me...premium annual passes are non-negotiable with her. I decided to invest in DIS in her Roth IRA so at least the annual dividend will put about $80 back into her portfolio.
My wife's grandmother bought her one share of Disney stock int he 1960s because she thought it would be cute for her to be able to say she was part owner of Disney.

Shoot forward to the late 1990s. The stock had split multiple times and of course increased in value. We ended up selling it for a substantial amount of money in order to deal with some financial emergency.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:06 AM

4 posts, read 4,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
I just got back from vacation we were staying at a resort in Anaheim and it seems like Disneyland owns that town. Someone who works at one of the resorts there told me there are 60,000 employee's in Disneyland alone. She wasn't even counting all the restaurants and hotels ect that is there because of Disneyland. Is Disneyland Orange County's main economy outside of Los Angeles? what would happen to Orange County (especially Anaheim) if Disneyland closed down?
No, there's a lot of stuff that you don't see at first glance in Orange County. There's The Grove, Angels Stadium, Beaches etc. you'd be surprised at how much revenue beach towns bring in.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:12 PM

139 posts, read 649,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A shaved head in 1971 meant you were playing football for Anaheim High.

Don't think Disney had to worry about a lot of guys showing up with shaved heads back then.
RE: Anaheim High
Or Loara High School (where Gwen Stafani went to school), Katella High and Savanna High.

My high school teachers worked in security at Disneyland each summer. They were the guys on the rooftops watching the crowds with binoculars. They were looking for pickpockets, shoplifting, child abduction, battery and things like that. They told us, "If you shoplift we will see you from the rooftops with our binoculars and we will arrest you. Don't do anything bad at Disneyland because your teachers are watching." lol They were so bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County