Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 07:17 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,878,302 times

Advertisements

You sound like so many I encounter. "I live here now, so all further progress must stop immediately..! Everything was better in the old days. what a crock. Life is so much better today.
Illegal's standing in front of Home Depot don't bother me in any way. They do the work you don't want to do..! Row after row of similar homes? I don't drive around counting homes and taking measurements.
I have a home in Oregon, and it has it good points, but it is sure nice to get back to So Calif where the good life is.
I suppose what we have decided here is, there is a reason ice cream comes in different flavors, every one has different tastes. To each his own, but So Calif must have something since it is the tourist capital of the world. Everyone wants to visit paradise, they only wish they could live here..!
If you are happy where you are, that's great. Enjoy it, but don't bad mouth someplace you didn't fit in..!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 11:09 AM

605 posts, read 866,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You sound like so many I encounter. "I live here now, so all further progress must stop immediately..! Everything was better in the old days. what a crock. Life is so much better today.
Illegal's standing in front of Home Depot don't bother me in any way. They do the work you don't want to do..! Row after row of similar homes? I don't drive around counting homes and taking measurements.
I have a home in Oregon, and it has it good points, but it is sure nice to get back to So Calif where the good life is.
I suppose what we have decided here is, there is a reason ice cream comes in different flavors, every one has different tastes. To each his own, but So Calif must have something since it is the tourist capital of the world. Everyone wants to visit paradise, they only wish they could live here..!
LOL!!! You are funny, I'm thinking the opposite. I do get the statement about 'all further progress must stop immediately'--that seems true, but funny as well. Thank you, it helps me look at my motives...
Most people who move or live in Oregon, that I know(n) anyway, never want to see SoCal again...I really believe the "tourist capital" of the 'world' you are talking about is the whole damn Hollywood scene - now that can be a crock.
Just my 2 cents I've said it many times:
~ Wherever you go, there you are ~
~ Different strokes for dfferent folks ~

Last edited by WannaBNorCal; 11-14-2007 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: added

Old 11-14-2007, 04:46 PM

4 posts, read 16,706 times
I wasn't born here so, I think the illegals/Latino and other ethnicities population give OC it's ethnic flair...They are truly the anti-establishment of OC
I live here now and want to get the F88k out...I am tired of being sneered at for riding a bike or eating something vegetarian, or not caring about NipTuck or cars...When I live this place, I will miss real Mexican and Vietnamese food, friends and family...my marriage with this place is over!

But then again, Home Is Where The Heart Is

Old 11-15-2007, 08:55 PM

188 posts, read 989,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionisio View Post
I wasn't born here so, I think the illegals/Latino and other ethnicities population give OC it's ethnic flair...They are truly the anti-establishment of OC
I live here now and want to get the F88k out...I am tired of being sneered at for riding a bike or eating something vegetarian, or not caring about NipTuck or cars...When I live this place, I will miss real Mexican and Vietnamese food, friends and family...my marriage with this place is over!

But then again, Home Is Where The Heart Is
Ethnic flair? OC is definitly not "worldly" or sophisiticated, but whatever it is- I like it!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:37 PM

158 posts, read 600,756 times
Ha, maybe you guys who can't handle it or just hate it with an undying passion need to move to the south. It's nice and slow, and definitely doesn't have homes right near each other that look "the same." When I say the south, I mean the south. I don't mean cute little neighborhoods in Dallas or Orlando, I mean the most disgusting, dirty, filthy areas with the most lazy populations in the entire country.

I've been stuck in a hell like that for my entire life. Not trying to school those who have spent an "eternity" in OC but, I'm relocating to OC in January. If you've had enough, fine, go. As far as illegals go, it is a problem, but Donn was exactly right. They do the grunt work that a normal white person will not do. Everyone is snobby in one way or another. I'm not trying to tell people who live in a place more about it, because I know less. What I do know is that some people still desire California and don't complain about each and every small thing that pisses them off.

Where I live gives the south a bad image and a bad name, but not the entire south. I guess it just sucks that I get so excited about a place I love and sometimes all I see is people complaining. Rather than advice, all I get is nothing but narrow minded complaints, and that's a big problem with this forum.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:41 PM

37 posts, read 141,111 times
I've liked in Oklahoma my whole life. I visit Huntington Beach about once a year and have my whole life to visit my Dad's family. I love it so much. I love to visit. I feel bad that so many OC residents don't know about wide open spaces and small town charms middle America has to offer. I was talking to a local at the beach once who said she'd never seen snow.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:46 PM

Nothing can be narrowed down to a common trait amongst all of us except we all love what we love, and we have our reasons. I despise where I live, but others like it. Where I'm going, I'm completely happy with, but others want to leave it. Different strokes for different folks, as tired as that phrase is, is true.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:49 PM

where do you live starlieswest??

Old 11-15-2007, 09:50 PM

Virginia. I love Northern VA but, I've grown so tired of the southern part.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:53 PM

never been sounds nice. I went to eastern TN/ northern GA this summer for the first time. i loved it, it's beautiful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County