Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 03:39 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,825,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by venicebeachcalifornia View Post
Is there anything that can be done about neighbors leaving their garage doors open most of the time with junk in their garages in plain sight as if it's a garage sale day in day out?
Another pet peeve and one of the benefits of living in a neighborhood with a great well regulated association.

People who leave their garage doors open to expose the filth, stacks of kids bikes, dirty laundry, and undiscarded boxes from Christmas, really need to take some pride in ownership. Not only is it unsightly, but it shows me that they have a total disrespect for themselves and disregard for living in slovenly filth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 12:47 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,974,610 times
People loving HOA's?

WTF!?

You guys MUST love tax increases and inflation! April 15th should be a national holiday, right!?

I was with you about parking in front of your house but the open garage...come on.

Crappy neighbors happen everywhere. As long as they don't wake you up or mess with your stuff, who cares. You guys are so prissy...seriously. Go out and live life...stop worrying about "eye sores" and move on with your day.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:11 AM

Look, I'm not going to judge you if you like leaving your garage door open,
exposing your personal junk and belongings for everyone to see, parking your
5 cars in the street, letting your grass dry out and go brown, or even if you
want to paint your house purple. If you want to live with people who don't
have any pride of ownership, even if their neighborhood looks like some run-down
favela, and want to annoy the crap out of their neighbors, you're free to live
next to people like that. It's just not for me.

I've visited neighborhoods in HOA and non-HOA communities, and neighborhoods
in areas with good HOAs look 10x better. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way,
but it's simply a fact. People stop acting like asshats when they know that they
could get a $500 fine for leaving car parts in their front yard, or parking a rusted
out Buick, with dripping oil, in the shared neighborhood streets for over 7 days.
They shape up real quick, and I LOVE it that way. HOA's are awesome.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:48 PM

I rather use that HOA money to do something meaningful instead of getting annoyed with what my neighbors are doing. And MANY HOA's are completely worthless and inflated beyond belief.

Then again, if you like HOA's then you like the cookie cutter style which I'm not a fan of.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I rather use that HOA money to do something meaningful instead of getting annoyed with what my neighbors are doing. And MANY HOA's are completely worthless and inflated beyond belief.

Then again, if you like HOA's then you like the cookie cutter style which I'm not a fan of.
Yeah some HOAs suck, people should do their research to see where funds go. I'm not talking about crappy HOAs. A great HOA makes a neighborhood look and function well, without neighbors secretly hating each other (they still might hate each other but not because of dead grass).

As for cookie cutter, I live in a neighborhood where most of the homes are custom in some way or form. Good HOA doesn't usually mean cookie-cutter-tract-housing, though there's nothing wrong with tract housing IMO.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:39 PM

76 posts, read 226,905 times
You should live in areas of south Orange County including Irvine and Ladera Ranch. They have 3,000sf or larger home with 2 car garages and driveways too short to park cars in. Nice!. And in Ladera Ranch most streets are so narrow that onstreet parking is restricted because the streets are considered fire lanes.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:57 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,147,437 times

Old 05-12-2014, 08:23 PM

I've never understood why people like Irvine Company homes.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:25 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,147,437 times
With a Smart car or Toyota IQ, you *might* be able to park on that driveway.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:43 PM

How can you call that a driveway? Think about it. You have to be able to drive on a driveway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County