Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 12:35 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,539,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

Been to Corona del Mar lately? Guess what? Still no diversity. It might as well be the 1970 version of OC. Their version of "diverse" would be a non-Protestant white person, or (gasp!) a Jew. Mexicans and Asians are as rare as hen's teeth. CDM actually fits the ignorant old-school stereotype of Southern CA perfectly (tan blonds playing water polo and living the easy life).

So why does one pay such a premium in CDM? Why is a home in CDM at least twice the cost of the equivalent in Irvine? It certainly isn't schools, or safety. In part, it's rich white people wanting to live around other rich white people, and not FOB Asians (yeah, again, not PC, but we all know it's true, and I don't think it's racism at work, necessarily, but cultural preferences).
Thats a bit racist and judgmental don't you think? Maybe someone would choose CDM over Irvine because they want to live near the beach in a nice, custom built home in a smaller city with much less traffic instead of a tract home 12 miles inland sandwiched between the two biggest and busiest freeways in the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikity View Post
Do you seriously think that an Asian, Hispanic, Black, Gay, pink, blue or any other minority would actually say the following?

Too many Asians here
Too many Mexicans here
So you are saying only white people are capable of being racist? LOL, what a joke. Your comment is racist in itself. Why don't you go down to the bad parts of LA and ask the AAs what they think of the Koreans and the businesses they own there. There has been racial tension between the two of them for decades now, at least since the King riots. Its no secret they hate each other, and its based on race. How about the racial tensions between AAs and Mexicans that have been going on in CA for oh I dunno? a couple decades as well...You are clueless. In case you have been living under a rock the past few decades, here you go.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/stunning-...sm-in-america/

http://www.streetgangs.com/features/....AtXxdTZZ.dpbs

Old 02-08-2015, 01:03 PM

97 posts, read 162,685 times
Quote:
Yes, most definitely. Why wouldn't they?

Asians or Hispanics who tend to live in areas with few Asians or Hispanics, often made their housing choice based, in part, on this factor. They may want to live in a less "ethnic" area. Doesn't make them bigoted, just means they have different cultural bonds. A fourth generation California Asian American has essentially nothing in common with a FOB Chinese. The native-born person probably feels more comfortable with their bro Brady down in Dana Point or wherever. They don't want to be in an ethnoburb.
So you're telling me that an Asian or Hispanic who prefer to live amongst white people would actually complain about "being a minority in my own country"?

I get what you're saying about certain Asians/Hispanic or any other people who are more comfortable living among people of different ethnicties. But I highly doubt any of these people would complain about being a minority like what the OP said and that was what I alluded to.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:10 PM

97 posts, read 162,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
So you are saying only white people are capable of being racist? LOL, what a joke. Your comment is racist in itself. Why don't you go down to the bad parts of LA and ask the AAs what they think of the Koreans and the businesses they own there. There has been racial tension between the two of them for decades now, at least since the King riots. Its no secret they hate each other, and its based on race. How about the racial tensions between AAs and Mexicans that have been going on in CA for oh I dunno? a couple decades as well...You are clueless. In case you have been living under a rock the past few decades, here you go.

Stunning ‘dirty secret’ about racism in U.S.

Racial Tensions between Blacks & Mexicans in Los Angeles are growing | StreetGangs.Com
Look I dont have the history with you as some of the other posters here but I'm starting to understand why. If you're going to quote me, then quote the whole thing rather than cutting and leaving stuff out. That's pretty shady to deliberately doing that to make my comment sound like what it wasn't. It was pretty convenient of you to leave out the

"I don't want to be a minority in my own country" that I was quoting the OP about to go along with the too many Asians or hispanic part.

Again even with the examples you used about about the AA/Hispanic/Korean tension in LA, do you seriously think that any of those Koreans/AA/Hispanic would complain about "being a minority in my own country"?

And no, not only white people are racist. Racist and stupid comes in all color and shape.

Last edited by rikity; 02-08-2015 at 02:11 PM..

Old 02-08-2015, 07:59 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Thats a bit racist and judgmental don't you think? Maybe someone would choose CDM over Irvine because they want to live near the beach in a nice, custom built home in a smaller city with much less traffic instead of a tract home 12 miles inland sandwiched between the two biggest and busiest freeways in the state.
So I'm "racist and judgmental" for believing that people think about demographics (among other things) when they make a home purchase?

Yeah, I am judgmental. Since when was that a bad thing? There is nothing I wrote that stated or even remotely hinted at racism.

And you didn't even bother reading my post before coming up with your rantings. I wrote that apples to apples a home costs more in CDM than in Irvine. In other words, the same neighborhood, one side of the street is CDM and the other Irvine, and the CDM home will cost much more. Why is that?

It has nothing to do with "tract homes" or "sandwiched between freeways", that has nothing at all to do with the conversation (and almost everyplace in OC, including CDM, is "tract homes" unless you're talking $10 million custom properties. I used to live on Bayadere in CDM and those are "tract homes", albiet ones going for 2 million+).

Old 02-08-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
So I'm "racist and judgmental" for believing that people think about demographics (among other things) when they make a home purchase?

Yeah, I am judgmental. Since when was that a bad thing? There is nothing I wrote that stated or even remotely hinted at racism.
Well lets see here, you said...."It might as well be the 1970 version of OC. Their version of "diverse" would be a non-Protestant white person, or (gasp!) a Jew. Mexicans and Asians are as rare as hen's teeth. CDM actually fits the ignorant old-school stereotype of Southern CA perfectly (tan blonds playing water polo and living the easy life). In part, it's rich white people wanting to live around other rich white people."

You just implied that CDM is full of racist, xenophobic and ignorant rich white people. Not only is that racist towards white people, you are implying Mexicans and Asians can't afford it. You actually managed to insult 3 races here

Old 02-08-2015, 11:50 PM

282 posts, read 447,454 times
wow 4 pages of racism arguments and almost no one cared to comment about anything meaningful. Race this race that, grow up and unindoctrinate yourself to this cultural stigma. Racism among all races against other races, even of the same color, between different asians, different mexicans, different blacks, different white people, has been going on since the beginning of mankind. To try to argue your way to convince people not to be racist is to deny the most primitive and ancient impulse since the Tower of Babel. Now to be clear I am not condoning racism. I am also not condemning it. My point is you are all wasting your time arguing about a mute point. Those who are racist, will stay racist no matter what anyone else says. Arguing about it isn't going to change it - although it might make some repress it which is in itself dangerous. Repressed hatred is dangerous.

Grow up and stop arguing about things you can't change. It's so annoying how people extrapolate from a few words and it turns into a heated debate all based on irrelevant cultural stigmas all designed to keep us from thinking about what matters.

And the sad thing is that many of you probably won't listen and will continue the futile racism arguments. Please do yourselves a favor and start thinking about what matters rather than what you cannot change. You cannot change people's hearts, no matter how hard you argue. Only God can change a person's heart.

God loves everyone, white black green orange blue etc. However it's sometimes a good thing for people who are of different cultures to not merge, because it creates conflict. This is why there are even such a thing as "black communities", "asian communities", "mexican communities", etc. People like to be around other people who they identity with. Because of the color of their skin? NO! Because they share a similar culture and heritage and want to be around people who act and look like themselves. No one likes to be a minority.

Hope this helps. I refuse to offer my own race or racial opinions because I refuse to add fuel to the fire.

God says to love everyone. And even those who struggle with racism, when the racism is "blind hate" need to understand that hate is from the devil. Wanting to be around people similar to you is natural but hate is a different matter. What many call "racism" might sometimes be hate but other times it might not be hate, it might be wanting to not feel lonely and want to be surrounded by people of a similar culture who act, look, and think in a similar way. This could be people of different nationalities or it could even occur within people of the same nationality, as has been historically noted.

So end the ridiculous futile tirade of rasicm arguments and start thinking about things that actually matter. Like the homeless people and starving people, those struggling with abuse, addiction, anger, financial concerns, health problems, and most of all those who are lost spiritually because in the end nothing in this world matters in the end because all things will one day pass away. All that matters is who we are deep in our soul and our relationship with God and others.

I hope this helps you guys.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:58 AM

282 posts, read 447,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
hello, i'm a coward, unable to make an intelligible post.
Thanks for proving my point that some people, like you, are blindly ignorant and refuse to even listen to the voice of reason and logic. You quoted my whole post but it's clear you didn't read a single word, and all you have to say in reponse is the most common reply of a coward - make up some name-calling, trying to discredit what you are too far ignorant to actually make a geniune reply to.

So I'm a religious nut for saying that God loves everyone? You sound like an extremely racist person to me if you think that is not true. Do you hate black people? Do you hate asian people? Do you hate white people? Do you hate mexican people? Wow HyperionGap you're an extremely racist person. You even hate your own race! I feel sorry for you.

So I'm a religious nut for saying to care for homeless and hurting people? Wow you must be a very cruel and evil person. Wow HyperionGap I'd hate to see how you treat people in need.

You're making yourself look like a total idiot. I also reported you for intentionally trying to incite a fight.

Last edited by SoCalSun; 02-09-2015 at 05:11 AM..

Old 02-09-2015, 06:06 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,592,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013
No, they're saying they don't want to be around a bunch of racist white people.
[LEFT]
Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/orang...#ixzz3RFh0yTdw
[/LEFT]
Quote:
White people aren't the only ones who are racist, please tell me you are not that ignorant. The simple fact that they are thinking ALL white people are racist, so they don't want to live around them is very xenophobic and racist right there. It works both ways.
One form of Racism is harmless and the other form of Racism has systematic oppression built into it. Show me the oppression that AA Racism has applied to the Caucasian Race in general and while you are at it also show me evidences of Asian Oppression of the Caucasian Race ?

I'm AA and like being around White Caucasian Europeans so I can have the opportunity of being friends with them and dating them , hows about you ?

Old 02-09-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
One form of Racism is harmless and the other form of Racism has systematic oppression built into it. Show me the oppression that AA Racism has applied to the Caucasian Race in general and while you are at it also show me evidences of Asian Oppression of the Caucasian Race ?
So in your mind, racism is OK as long as it does not involve oppression? You believe its ok as an AA to be racist towards Asians, Hispanics and Caucasians because you are not oppressing their race? You do know that a definition of oppression is to "cause (someone) to feel distressed, anxious, or uncomfortable" right? Im pretty sure any form of racism would make someone feel at least uncomfortable. Please educate yourself. No racism is ever harmless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County