Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 11:12 AM

48 posts, read 152,418 times

Advertisements

Hello. This isn't a post praising Disneyland, the food in Orange County or the summer heat that never ends, but before someone prepares the usual 'if you don't like Cali then move k thx bye' response, as so many other anti-Californians have gotten, please hear (or read) me out. As of right now, it is financially impossible for me and my family to pack up and move. We're tirelessly working on it, but for now, just let us know we are not alone. Please let us know there's at least one person that finds Anaheim as undesirable as we do.

Downtown Anaheim is great. It has the Anaheim Packing House and it has grass. Trees too. Everyone and their ancestors knows about Disneyland. But once you leave downtown, the quality of the city drastically plummets. Three out of four people smoke. Cigarettes back the bulk of the economy. Trash lines the very street we live on so badly its like a trash dump.

Orange County must have one of the highest homeless rates in the nation, not just because of expense but because so many men and women enjoy it. They talk about being in jail and on the streets like its a game. They chat about hanging out on the streets with a huge smile. They exchange stories about jail time like old military buddies, and sleeping the day away is a luxury. And then those that ride on bicycles take pleasure in running people off the sidewalk, snarling 'excuse me, get out of the way'! 'Hello? You're in my way'. Either that or everyone's a zombie, unfamiliar with human conversation. Them demanding change for bus rides and pennies with lion snarls doesn't make them endearing. Especially those that are high and drunk enough to skip away singing 'peanut butter jelly time'.

All of that, combined with the never-ending heat, does not make Anaheim very pretty.

Please let me know if anyone out there isn't in love with Anaheim because of Disneyland.

Thank you for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 01:06 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
You're alone.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:33 PM

44 posts, read 76,225 times
No you're not alone, Belldandy07. I relocated from Vegas (17 year resident) to South OC 3 years ago. Can't say it was a mistake but I don't see a long-term future here for someone in their late 20's such as myself and single.

Anaheim is a tourist city, like many OC cities. I’ve known people from Anaheim, Tustin, who relocated to Nevada, essentially a tourist state. But that’s where the jobs are – go figure.

I would say Anaheim is a “major league” city with “major league” perks and its fair share of residents both good and bad.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:40 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
It's the same everywhere else. Just a matter of what color glasses you put on.

I'm most surprised that it took you three years to say it!

Old 04-09-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racing2015 View Post
No you're not alone, Belldandy07. I relocated from Vegas (17 year resident) to South OC 3 years ago. Can't say it was a mistake but I don't see a long-term future here for someone in their late 20's such as myself and single.

Anaheim is a tourist city, like many OC cities. I’ve known people from Anaheim, Tustin, who relocated to Nevada, essentially a tourist state. But that’s where the jobs are – go figure.

I would say Anaheim is a “major league” city with “major league” perks and its fair share of residents both good and bad.
Hello. I'm stunned you're even comfortable here in OC, having lived in Vegas and me having an abysmally low opinion of Anaheim (outside of downtown). I've lived here with family for 2 1/2 years and because its so filthy where we live, I happily hope you find a brighter future soon.

I know every state and every city has its bad patches, but reading pretty magazines and blogs about a pristine Anaheim ill prepared us for the move out here. And to get out of it, one obviously needs money. Which we don't have yet. But I thank you very much for letting me know we're not alone. I've seen so many anti Californians bashed for not praising the Sunshine State. And so many adore Anaheim because of Disneyland.

So thanks again

Old 04-09-2015, 04:03 PM

177 posts, read 331,492 times
Everyone is sooo friendly in Anaheim...Yeah!

Old 04-09-2015, 04:07 PM

177 posts, read 331,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookintomove15 View Post
Everyone is sooo friendly in Anaheim...Yeah!

Yeah right....

Survey: Anaheim is one unfriendly place - The Orange County Register

Old 04-09-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
It's the same everywhere else. Just a matter of what color glasses you put on.

I'm most surprised that it took you three years to say it!
Hello. I need to take up your way of positive thinking. Every city has its bad blotches, I know, and I try so hard not to focus on them, but sometimes its painfully hard, especially due to me and my family's financial state. Its a great comfort to be able to relate to someone, even just one person, that's not smitten with Anaheim or even OC.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:02 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,218,248 times
Here's a random residential street in Anaheim:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/An...ab89ab9a2bb160

Yeah, pretty awful

If where you live is filthy, then get some comet, a vaccuum cleaner, some windex, a scrub brush, and start cleaning And I think the people in Anaheim Hills would beg to differ with you.

Overall, I don't think Anaheim is bad. Sure, bad pockets. But overall, nothing to complain about. I lived in Orange and if you picked the one sketch area in the entire city and based your opinion off that, then I suppose you'd hate life.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:05 PM

484 posts, read 821,938 times
All of the OC burbs are basically the same. (I'm a native so I know I'm right.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County