Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:18 PM

70 posts, read 280,227 times

Advertisements

I have to give some kudos to Anaheim Hills in this forum for anyone who makes a substantial income and might want to live there in the future. My wife and I moved here 15 years ago. We own a large house and have been thoroughly pleased with living here. Our house has super-appreciated (as most of OC) and we have come to love everything about our community. Wealthy people, great schools, and no bad areas, its truely very different from other parts of OC (like Huntington or Santa Ana which are filled with crime and gangs and Newport or Laguna which are extremely fake). We laugh at how ridiculous the rest of the county is with their "fake wealth" appearances. People in Newport can make $100K, and it goes to their head. Here, people are wealthy, but they are down to earth, and arent so flashy. It was the best choice I have ever made!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:25 PM

104 posts, read 446,921 times
you are kidding me right????? have you ever lived in Newport? people are actually down to earth and its much more beautiful than Anaheim Hills where your house can be drifting off the hill! Plus you act like people in Anaheim Hills do not buy the same things they do, Mercedes Benz etc. People in Newport are much younger and funner! they live the lives they want to live which is not the family life most of the time

Old 02-21-2008, 01:26 AM

I dont see plastic surgeons opening their practices in Villa Park, Anaheim Hills, or Yorba Linda, do you? Because people here are REAL. You guys thrive on that reality stuff that you think makes you this "heaven on earth." Newsflash:the rest of the nation thinks you are superficial snobs and are really laughing at you. Get your head out of the water and take a look at how self absorbed Newporters really are (and, of course I am not speaking for all, just many)

Old 02-21-2008, 07:47 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC1017 View Post
People in Newport can make $100K, and it goes to their head.
Wouldn't $100K be poverty level for Newport Beach?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:58 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pootie562 View Post
you are kidding me right????? have you ever lived in Newport? people are actually down to earth and its much more beautiful than Anaheim Hills where your house can be drifting off the hill! Plus you act like people in Anaheim Hills do not buy the same things they do, Mercedes Benz etc. People in Newport are much younger and funner! they live the lives they want to live which is not the family life most of the time

Those 2 comments make me think you have never lived in Newport Beach.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:32 PM

489 posts, read 1,914,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pootie562 View Post
My favorite part of this quote "younger and funner". Funner?!? Is that a word?
Anyway, I see this thread turning into a huge bash-fest. I am in the process of moving to Anaheim Hills from Brea and while I love my Northern OC cities it doesn't change the fact that the beach cities are equally amazing. They are both very wealthy areas with some down to earth people and some pretentious people. I love Anaheim Hills because from where I live I have an amazing view of the valleys and foot hills of OC from one side and south OC and the beach from the other. Lets nip this one in the bud before it turns into a war against the cities LOL.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:44 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreaOC View Post
My favorite part of this quote "younger and funner". Funner?!? Is that a word?
Anyway, I see this thread turning into a huge bash-fest. I am in the process of moving to Anaheim Hills from Brea and while I love my Northern OC cities it doesn't change the fact that the beach cities are equally amazing. They are both very wealthy areas with some down to earth people and some pretentious people. I love Anaheim Hills because from where I live I have an amazing view of the valleys and foot hills of OC from one side and south OC and the beach from the other. Lets nip this one in the bud before it turns into a war against the cities LOL.
Anaheim Hills as well as Orange are some of my most favorite areas, we almost bought out there but it is too far for my wife's job.
Congrats on the move, AH has some very nice views.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:54 PM

When I created this thread, it was not intended to serve as a bashing point for Anaheim Hills. I just see many threads about people asking where in the county they should move, and I highly recommend Anaheim Hills. It is the 2nd wealthiest place in the county (although its really not that important, just to prove the bashers wrong). Newport is a nice area as well, but it is not a family community, it is more of a singles community (given most of the houses have no backyards). People forget about Anaheim Hills when they think of Orange County because it is in the north. TheYorba Linda, Anaheim Hills, Villa Park area must not be forgotten about when talking about "desirable OC" yet this area always is forgotten about. Yeah, we arent as flashy, but our area is the best of both worlds with nature, nice people, amazing schools, safety, and, of course, great weather.
Orange County, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-21-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Wouldn't $100K be poverty level for Newport Beach?
And this quote, the average income is only $30K above this, so Newport is not quite as rich as the cars and reality TV shows suggest. It is a beautiful area, it is just that people are so full of themselves there (with their cars, their adoration of the reality show that makes them look like superficial airheads, etc.)

Old 02-21-2008, 05:14 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreaOC View Post
Funner?!? Is that a word?
They recently added it to the dictionary. A sign of how our language is changing to accept slang.
Check it out on Merriam Webster here: funner - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County