Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 09:57 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybirdie View Post
There are many Vietnamese in Fountain Valley too. My realtor told me that 75% of buyers in Fountain Valley now are Vietnamese and the sellers are usually older White Americans moving to South OC or out of state.
so which came first? white flight or the viet settlers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 10:12 AM

936 posts, read 2,082,957 times
White flight occurs when Asian population exceeds 21% or if Hispanic population exceeds 25%.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:42 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I looked in the other CA counties forums, and I don't see nearly the continuous asking of:

I'm looking for an xxxxxxxxx community. Are there any xxxxxxxxx schools? Are there any xxxxxxxxx markets? Are there any xxxxxxxxx apartment complexes?

Why is Orange County so self segregated?
I don't know, I'm on the Philly forum and see the same kinds of questions: People looking for Indian, Asian, Jewish, African-American communities.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:44 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybirdie View Post
White flight occurs when Asian population exceeds 21% or if Hispanic population exceeds 25%.
The truth is that white people dont save much, it’s not part of the culture, so when they retire, they sell and use the proceed to fund their retirement. I’ve seen that even in Newport Beach area, more Chinese, Indians and other Asians are moving in now.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:19 PM

386 posts, read 327,363 times
People moved out of Westminster because the three bedroom house next door has 6 cars parked around it, a garage converted to bedrooms, and several people who do not speak English living inside. Most of North Orange County home communities do not have HOA's that would restrict that many cars on the street and garage conversions.

Last edited by slowdude222; 11-16-2018 at 04:29 PM..

Old 11-17-2018, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
People moved out of Westminster because the three bedroom house next door has 6 cars parked around it, a garage converted to bedrooms, and several people who do not speak English living inside. Most of North Orange County home communities do not have HOA's that would restrict that many cars on the street and garage conversions.
an officemate is from Westminster. when he bought a brand new Porche, I kidded him that he has now a serious problem because he needs to buy a house with a garage

Old 11-27-2018, 05:36 PM

129 posts, read 164,539 times
I'm not sure if it's so much "self-segregation" as much as it's just simply wanting to find/connect w/people who may share their same values/culture, etc.

For example, if an American moved to a European country, I wouldn't find it odd or strange if he/she decided to look for or seek out other fellow Americans who have possibly also moved to that same country. Sometimes people might just want to be around those who are familiar to them and might share their same experiences/similar backgrounds and cultures. I don't see anything wrong with it per se.

As long as you're not being exclusive to others or deliberately trying to go out of your way to seclude yourself from other races/groups I don't see anything wrong w/wanting to seek out ppl who might be similar to you. #shrug Especially if you're from a different area.

Idk...Maybe it's just me? I don't see a big deal based on what you've described.

Old 11-27-2018, 06:02 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny_View View Post
I'm not sure if it's so much "self-segregation" as much as it's just simply wanting to find/connect w/people who may share their same values/culture, etc.

For example, if an American moved to a European country, I wouldn't find it odd or strange if he/she decided to look for or seek out other fellow Americans who have possibly also moved to that same country. Sometimes people might just want to be around those who are familiar to them and might share their same experiences/similar backgrounds and cultures. I don't see anything wrong with it per se.

As long as you're not being exclusive to others or deliberately trying to go out of your way to seclude yourself from other races/groups I don't see anything wrong w/wanting to seek out ppl who might be similar to you. #shrug Especially if you're from a different area.

Idk...Maybe it's just me? I don't see a big deal based on what you've described.
In other words CA is not diverse, it is self segregating.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
In other words CA is not diverse, it is self segregating.
by price

Old 11-28-2018, 12:31 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
by price
And area. Rich Races/Nationalities buy in certain areas and poor Races/Nationalities buy in others. Still self segregation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County