Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 08:17 PM

239 posts, read 711,214 times

Advertisements

Nice to know I am a "cookie". Am I also a "******"? Is that the term used? Funny...if I were to use certain words for you...
Thank you for explaining to the rest of us how racism works.
And, no, you will never fit in any where...you have made damn sure of that.
Good luck in that unhappy little bubble of yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 08:36 PM

6 posts, read 23,419 times
Lol! Somebody is all butt-hurt! Awww, don't take it personally. Now you know how it feels to be unjustly labeled and grouped. As in blacks bring gangs. Blacks are the help.

Call me what you wish. The difference is you'd never say it to a black person's face. Too scared. Oh, and please hate all blacks if you don't already b/c of my little posts. *shrug*

Old 04-18-2009, 08:47 PM

239 posts, read 711,214 times
Butt-hurt; that shows your lack off class right there.

I am not afraid to call people names, I just dont call people names purely because they are different than I. And by the way, not all black people feel like you or act like you therefore I will not categorize them with you, that would be putting them down.

Thank you for giving all of the other people on this thread an additional reason to wonder why some people are so prejudice and racist. And thank you for letting other black people know that it is not white people that are racist, it is Your Kind.
Whatever color, Your Kind.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:57 PM

241 posts, read 939,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelDiva View Post
SMDH @ some of these responses in this thread.

I'm a young and affluent black female, and I'll moving to a very prominent neighborhood in Irvine next week due to a job relocation, and I'm disappointed that there are not very many blacks (yes, the term is legit) living out here. I'll be damned if I let some silver spoon-fed idiots determine my worth based on my skin color! Where I should live, whether or not I'll encourage my gang banger friends to come with me, etc. How ignorant...
You think of some responses are made by people like this. The thread is about black folks in OC so just giving responses weather or not there is or not and places or cities. Anybody can live anywhere and you can ask if there are other races like whites or asians in many places around here too. Just making responses for the thread topic.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:05 PM

6 posts, read 23,419 times
so you can determine in a few posts that I'm unhappy and classless b/c I don't agree with you and you're offended? Nice. If you can't take it, don't dish it. And clearly you don't know the definition of cookie cutter, please google what you don't understand. You took my post way to the left field which is what I expected. And I'm sure you'll feel better tomorrow when the rest of crew logs on to defend you power in numbers, right? Either way, now you know how it feels to be generalized and marginalized based on race. Funny how you'd rather jump down my throat and call me prejudiced instead of argue with the others who steadily made racist comments about blacks a few pages back. So I ust be reinforcing black stereotypes, huh? Have a good life and try to be more open-minded about others' life experiences. I'm done with this topic, on to the next!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:56 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times
I am sad & a bit surprised by reports of racism in Orange county. Maybe it is where I normally visit that I haven't experienced racial prejudice [Fullerton\ Laguna Beach\ Huntington Beach]. Appears there is reason for Orange county to take a long look at some disturbing behavior!

Old 04-20-2009, 11:37 AM

674 posts, read 1,619,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
I am sad & a bit surprised by reports of racism in Orange county. Maybe it is where I normally visit that I haven't experienced racial prejudice [Fullerton\ Laguna Beach\ Huntington Beach]. Appears there is reason for Orange county to take a long look at some disturbing behavior!

I'm surprised too. Never heard any support to racism at all. On the contrary.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:22 PM

619 posts, read 2,167,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
No blacks or browns, or yellows, but there are some African Americans and Americans of mixed euro/african ethnic groups!
get a life...what`s wrong with saying black? FYI a lot of blacks despise the term African-American.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:26 AM

32 posts, read 126,832 times
To answer the question YES not as much as in Inglewood per say. I live in Irvine where I myself thought that black people were far and few,but this is such a lie,even in Irvine.There are more than a few of us out here in my cookie cuter city of Irvine so I would imagine the rest of the OC would have some too. For the record me and my family have not had any problems or felt out of place here(well one jerk at costco,but he dared not say anything).As far as the stares I have found ANYWHERE I go people tend to stare,so I take it as people are just nosy or maybe Iam just that cute shame on some of you in this post by the way.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:35 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedin08 View Post
To answer the question YES not as much as in Inglewood per say. I live in Irvine where I myself thought that black people were far and few,but this is such a lie,even in Irvine.There are more than a few of us out here in my cookie cuter city of Irvine so I would imagine the rest of the OC would have some too. For the record me and my family have not had any problems or felt out of place here(well one jerk at costco,but he dared not say anything).As far as the stares I have found ANYWHERE I go people tend to stare,so I take it as people are just nosy or maybe Iam just that cute shame on some of you in this post by the way.
As I said earlier in the thread, I've seen more blacks in Irvine than anywhere else in OC (except for possibly Disneyland), because of UCI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County