Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 12:43 PM

Location: Headed to the Shangri-La; The Orange County(Huntington Beach or Mission Viejo) this August!
78 posts, read 469,718 times

Advertisements

IF LIFE'S PERFECT, ...They must not complain then.

Brainstorming was hard-work, but I think I have proved Laguna Beach's IMPERFECTIONS!

-Gggrr..well those neighbors still has not buffed out that 3' scratch on her Suburban!
-Gggr..the temperature to today is only 69.. The weatherman told me it was going to be atleast 70! *heart attake. grrrr..
-Ggggrrr... did you see that car?! They did not stop for that little girl trying to cross the street! grrrrrr Let's grab their plates
-Ggggrrr.. OMG, The Jamba Juice sign has been broken for two years.. grr when are you guys going to get a new one! GRRRR!
-Gggrrrr.....The hardest part about living here is picking out which outfit to wear. Boo hoo my Prada dress is RUINNED! Have the valet go back Bloomingdales and grab the blue corsage! NOW!

To me this place seems perfect. Are there any other places as good?

Last edited by fashionablecowboy; 05-22-2007 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 02:22 PM

317 posts, read 1,758,223 times
LOL Hilarious. It is true, so many areas in Orange County... many people's life threatening, dangering problems are nothing more than a mere annoyance. I have never seen so much drama before over small, petty issues, that people seem to raise a rutkus about here!

Old 05-22-2007, 09:34 PM

662 posts, read 1,281,285 times
Well you have to complain about something! You can't complain about crime because there is none. You can't complain about weather, or money. YOu know a place is near perfection when the only thing to complain about is the ugliness of someone's lawn.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:38 PM

989 posts, read 2,761,705 times
In some cities the police chase crack addicts and catch murderers....

In others they respond to "my neighbor's grass is too tall" complaints.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:41 AM

253 posts, read 376,221 times
Gotta love it!! I moved here from Phoenix, where I had a handgun carry permit and carried a gun all the time just because I didn't feel safe without it. Here it would almost seem silly to carry a gun due to the total lack of crime.

I love it.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:15 AM

800 posts, read 4,297,399 times
Hee hee! This thread cracks me up!

But, gosh, I am so not a complainer, so I better brace myself, huh when I move there?

I can't imagine there being anything to complain about in Laguna Beach! I've visited several times and loved every minute. Even in the winter, the weather was beautiful! I even laughed when a dog kicked sand at me on the beach Hee hee! The worst thing that has happened to me there was...well, leaving to come back to Detroit

Hee hee hee hee! *sorry, you have me really giggling* I needed the laugh today, so thank you Laughter is healing

Old 05-23-2007, 02:52 PM

6 posts, read 22,355 times
i think that if someone was born, or have a chance to live up there is very lucky man..i know that everyone have their own problems like grass cut too muchbut i think that many people dont appreciate thinks they have..for me i know that i will never would afford to live in that kind of city, becouse i am simply too poor for that..i live in district where everyday you can be killed by some ghetto sico freak..and all i can do about it is dream about that cool places where people live and dont give a crap about nothing.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 6,328 times
Default umm..

if you have ever been to laguna beach you would realize that over 50% of the residents are starving artists. i myself am struggling to rent a 300 sq ft studio there that is the same price as anywhere in orange county for its size, except right outside my door are galleries, pubs and of course the beach.
its sucks that the tv show and the generalized assumption of the city has ruined it. it is actually an extrememly down to earth place full of interesting and accepting people. beautiful too =]

Old 09-17-2007, 11:00 PM

252 posts, read 1,127,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casserole View Post
if you have ever been to laguna beach you would realize that over 50% of the residents are starving artists. i myself am struggling to rent a 300 sq ft studio there that is the same price as anywhere in orange county for its size, except right outside my door are galleries, pubs and of course the beach.
its sucks that the tv show and the generalized assumption of the city has ruined it. it is actually an extrememly down to earth place full of interesting and accepting people. beautiful too =]

don't feel so bad, I bet half of OC are struggling due to housing but chose OC for it not being LA or IE.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:32 AM

800 posts, read 4,297,399 times
Quote:
if you have ever been to laguna beach you would realize that over 50% of the residents are starving artists.
I love LB and the art community there. I think artists need more compensation for their work Can you shift that "starving artist" bit and call yourself "an abundantly blessed and wealthy artist"? I say that with much love and respect--I'm an artist too I observe the wealthy folks and have learned that they never call themselves or think of themselves as "starving" or "poor."

I took a huge risk writing this I know LOL...I'm really not a "wack job"

With sincerity and hugs,
AB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County