Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:58 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,642,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Be prepared for extreme anti-white prejudice (vastly more overt than in Mississippi, and frequently expressed through deadly force).
Funny that someone in Lake Oswego (which, according to my Portland friends, has a long, long history of extreme racism and still is full of racists) is accusing any other region of racism. Even OC which still has issues with racism.

You know nothing about California or weed. The former is evidenced by some of your past advice about California, which if someone actually followed could put them in danger that they otherwise would not be in. (Advising someone to move to the gang ridden Antelope Valley and then recommending they buy an expensive car is asking for trouble.)

Weed is part of the culture in California and is one thing that binds conservative areas together with liberal areas, northern areas with southern areas, and coastal areas with inland areas.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:11 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,694,121 times
Quote:
I wish you well. But I think the fact that you call yourself an Ole Boy is a surer indicator that you are in for Culture Shock, than your naivete regarding Stink Weed. Be prepared for extreme anti-white prejudice (vastly more overt than in Mississippi, and frequently expressed through deadly force). Orange County has, as of late, had a huge influx of precisely the demographic who are being told by academics and clergy that the Southwest was stolen from them, and that they are entitled to do whatever it takes, to take it back. (actually, each locale in the Southwest was "stolen", by the Spanish, from the specific tribe(s) who lived in each locale. The people who are "taking back" the Southwest are most likely not descended from any of those tribes)

Middle Class Whites are fleeing Southern California in droves, because they are being economically displaced (and because of the rising level of violence). Blacks are fleeing because they are basically being ethnically-cleansed from their own neighborhoods, by violent non-white newcomers.

Glad you grew up in a nice place in Mississippi, and so don't have much familiarity with Potheads. I can assure you, though, that the countryside is full of losers who are "420 friendly". I grew up in a horrid little Mississippi mudhole, where being "cool" about "weed" was the norm. In the world of broken-down Mobile Homes, Camaros, Lavalamps, Velvet Elvises and Blacklight Posters, black t-shirts, 300 pound White Trash Welfare Sows, and Fleetwood Mac fans, "Pot" was a part of life. Glad you missed that. We moved to squeaky-clean Northeast Jackson, where people are not "cool", in order that our kids not grow up in a place "accepting" of drugs. I'm guessing your parents did the same.

And I hope you find a safe situation in Orange County.

As for those who are saying that 'occasional' use of "420" does not make them 'Druggies'..... I say "Pooh"!
Better to raise them as bigots and racists over wanting to smoke a plant huh?

<----- born and raised in Pascagoula, MS. Got the hell out of that backwards state as soon as I graduated.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:44 PM

3,736 posts, read 5,788,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Funny that someone in Lake Oswego (which, according to my Portland friends, has a long, long history of extreme racism and still is full of racists) is accusing any other region of racism. Even OC which still has issues with racism.

You know nothing about California or weed. The former is evidenced by some of your past advice about California, which if someone actually followed could put them in danger that they otherwise would not be in. (Advising someone to move to the gang ridden Antelope Valley and then recommending they buy an expensive car is asking for trouble.)

Weed is part of the culture in California and is one thing that binds conservative areas together with liberal areas, northern areas with southern areas, and coastal areas with inland areas.
I think you have "Weed" confused with "Jesus", dear. So do you people get up in Church and sing 'Blessed be the Weed that Binds'? California has gotten even more pitiful than I thought, if 420 is the common bond holding the state together.

And I think the "Glorious Weed" you seem to worship has clouded your thinking a bit. I didn't accuse a 'region' of racism. Regions are not capable of racism: only the people who inhabit them are capable of it. I was warning what I perceived to be a White Boy, that he might be seen as a viable target for anti-white racism, and to be careful. BTW, what's wrong with gangs? What, are you being critical of Latino culture or something? I think you need to adjust your values to embrace all the richness of the colors in the Crayola Diversity Color Box.

And I'm told that Quartz Hill is still fine, since you had to bring up the gang 'problem' in Antelope Valley (objecting to gangs is...like....soooo not respecting other people's cultures).

Um... and your statement "Even the OC still has issues with Racism." Is there an echo in here? Isn't that what I said, when I was warning that White Boy that he stood a good chance of being murdered by Racists?

So do your Lake Oswego fearing 'friends' in Portland enjoy "Weed", too?

Old 04-18-2011, 01:30 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,820,300 times
This is one of the most random posts you will ever see on City Data period..this is my last post on here by the way, not due to the subject but by random circumstance. Keep in mind this comes from someone who has drank more than just a bit tonight so it will contain some serious grammatical errors as usual. I have used drugs and alcohol for thirty years. My lifestyle has gone from someone who has lived in huge luxury homes in Newport Beach,Aspen,Santa Barbara to now living alone in relative seclusion in a one bedroom condo. I can thank SWEET DRUG ALCOHOL for this..while marijuana is looked down on.. take it from someone who knows only too well hard drugs and abuse,,9 rehabs,,five dui's..I started with marijuana, but never really liked it.It was ALCOHOL that lead to my current problem with narcotics..i WILL GET REAL SINCE NO ONE ELSE IS.. drug abuse has been killing me and many others now..marijuana is just a pawn just an excuse for clueless jackals..ya some people go further, but the reality is..pot is pretty tame by all acounts. Drug addiction?.. what does anyone on here seriously know about drug addiction?
It kills everything..and I mean everything..Anyway I purchased a medical marijuana permit in Colorado a year ago (which is easier to get than a drivers license) under a physical pain guise caused by years of cycling and some surgery. I have smoked the best weed you could possibly get your hands on daily .I personally saw less damage than the mess I am creating tonight. I know I will regret responding, but it's time someone is truly honest on here, and with experience. Marijuana iIMO is a joke compared to the serious substances I have been using. I had not even used pot in over a decade until recently..The years I exclusively used pot and no ther drugs, I was succesful, happy and believe it or not in better physical shape than 99% of the pop..alcohol, heroin and prescription
drugs almost killed me dead. As far as 420---what the hell are people worried about. The biggest killers are legal or more socially congruent. I know I will quickly regret this post, but special thanks to JACK Daniels. FYI I owned thirteen properties had a net worth of thirty miilion less than three years ago.. thanks Sweet alcohol... WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT POT? By the way who in OC really knows 420..move to Colorado or Northen Cal and get off the booze if that's what you are consuming too.MUCH SAFER

Last edited by Scott5280; 04-18-2011 at 01:57 AM..

Old 04-18-2011, 08:58 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,642,894 times
Quote:
I didn't accuse a 'region' of racism. Regions are not capable of racism: only the people who inhabit them are capable of it.
The culture of some regions encourages racism. You're in a place which according to everything I've heard totally encourages racism. But then being from a place which encourages racism and bigotry you should be right at home.

Quote:
I was warning what I perceived to be a White Boy, that he might be seen as a viable target for anti-white racism, and to be careful. BTW, what's wrong with gangs?
A lot. But that's not related to Latino culture. That's related to American culture. Ever seen "The Gangs of New York"? Aware of the ethnicity of the very first known urban street gang in California (in 1850s San Francisco)? Aware of who introduced the drive by shooting into Southern California and specifically South Central L.A.? (It was the Ku Klux Klan who did, and they were/are definitely not Latino.) Know anything about US history? Obviously not.

"Violence is as American as apple pie." - H. Rap Brown

Quote:
What, are you being critical of Latino culture or something?
Gangs are not exclusive to Latino culture, they never have been, and every race has its gangs or has had its gangs at some point. OC has Asian and (non-Latino) white gangs. There are some pretty big white gangs in other parts of the US like Chicago's Insane Popes, Gaylords, and Simon City Royals, or NYC's Bronx Hoods. Not to mention the Crips and Bloods are not Latino (OC fortunately is spared from them)

If the demographics of California today resembled those of 1970 but the social and economic conditions were the same otherwise than there would be massive white gangs in California, and actual urban white ghettos in California like those which existed in the eastern and midwestern US until very recently (and a few of which still exist in the eastern US).

Quote:
I think you need to adjust your values to embrace all the richness of the colors in the Crayola Diversity Color Box.
I think you need to read a little more about US history and get a life.

And defining the Antelope Valley by Quartz Hill is like defining Northeast L.A. by Mount Washington (which is a very nice area and which I'd rather live in than Quartz Hill). There are places that are not so nice which have nice areas. To relate this specifically to OC, Santa Ana has one neighborhood that is quite nice despite the city's bad rep.

Quote:
(objecting to gangs is...like....soooo not respecting other people's cultures)
You mean like objecting to PEN1, the Nazi Low Riders, and the Aryan Brotherhood?

Quote:
Um... and your statement "Even the OC still has issues with Racism."
Being a Californian I do not use "the" in front of OC.

Quote:
Is there an echo in here? Isn't that what I said, when I was warning that White Boy that he stood a good chance of being murdered by Racists?
Racial murder in OC nowadays is very rare. The chances of anyone of any race being murdered by racists in OC is extremely low. Even in the most dangerous areas of OC this is the case.

Quote:
So do your Lake Oswego fearing 'friends' in Portland enjoy "Weed", too?
Portland and Oregon in general love their weed, too. It cannot be compared to truly dangerous drugs like meth (which is out of control in all western states)

And one can love Jesus and love their weed, but that's a different topic for a different forum.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:10 AM

36,668 posts, read 67,634,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Only if you hang around with potheads. There are plenty of us that aren't.
Not casting judgement of people who smoke weed cause its none of y business and I quite frankly dont see how alcohol and tobacco are legal but marijuana isnt, but I concur. There are plenty of us who do not smoke it.

+1

Old 04-18-2011, 09:17 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,229,774 times
This thread needs to be closed, surprised it has gone on this long ... must be the weed. I'm just saying, if you have a question, ask Google -- it knows everything, just about.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:47 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,996,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
This thread needs to be closed
Also sprach Zarathreadstra.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:05 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,229,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Also sprach Zarathreadstra.
Touching, you remembered. Blush.

Last edited by BVitamin; 04-18-2011 at 11:17 AM..

Old 04-18-2011, 03:33 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,751,518 times
The OP has been answered--"420 friendly" means that the a person either smokes marijuana or doesn't mind if another person does. There are plenty of threads about marijuana in several other forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County