Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 03:33 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times

Advertisements

We only lived in California for one year but that was long enough to become In-N-Out fans. We stop every time we see one now. It would be great if they had them in Oregon...

This is a slight change of subject... but since this thread was begun as a joke perhaps it's OK... but in Redmond, WA.... up Novelty Hill Rd. In the Redmond Ridge community... there is a Chevron gas station. Inside that gas station there is a really sweet Mexican woman who runs a little take-out food place... and SHE makes THE BEST hamburgers I've ever had IN MY LIFE. Seriously. If you are ever up that way you gotta check them out. Especially her jalapeno burgers. OMG. We crave them all the time.

And now, every time we see a Chevron we feel like going inside to see if they have burgers. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
OH and BTW - I vote Taco Bell for the worst fast food in the country. I knew someone that worked there once, and she told me the things they did with "food". I haven't been able to eat there since. Not to mention, it's WAY super overpriced for what it is, yet due to clever advertising campaigns you feel as if you are actually eating cheap. Taco Hell.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:08 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,333,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Not sure if you are talking about Bob's Big Boy, or another local chain. Bob's Big Boy built some new franchise locations in the midwest in the late 90's and early 2000's. This to go along with their Southern California original locations.

Locations | Big Boy Restaurants

BTW, Big Boy was the inspiration for McDonalds Big Mac.

The Bob's I was talking about was not the Bob's you are thinking of and there are some in Salem.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:01 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Not sure if you are talking about Bob's Big Boy, or another local chain. Bob's Big Boy built some new franchise locations in the midwest in the late 90's and early 2000's. This to go along with their Southern California original locations.

Locations | Big Boy Restaurants

BTW, Big Boy was the inspiration for McDonalds Big Mac.
After looking at the web site, I'm not sure if I'm talking about Bob's Big Boy either. There are some vague similarities, mostly the circular logo. I don't remember the mascot, but they may have had a burger named the Big Boy. If they did, I didn't order it.

The chain I remember used to be fairly common in Oregon in the '70s. My comment was pure nostalgia anyway. Nowadays my idea of a fast food sandwich is Subway. It's healthier, tastes better, and they make the sandwich like I ask: tuna, no cheese, toasted, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions, pepperoncini, vinegar, oregano.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:16 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times

Fatburger XXX Challenge! Man Vs. Burger - YouTube

Old 04-05-2012, 01:03 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
That's such a lousy burger it doesn't even qualify for the name.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:25 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,009 times
Wellll there is always "The Special" at Stanich's

Stanich's Portland

Oh how I miss Oregon Everytime I read a food thread I want to click my heels and say " I wanna go home I wanna go home" and this nightmare would end.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:53 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
"Aunt Mary" made delicious burgers in Sunny Valley. Unfortunately she sold out & retired....

Old 04-05-2012, 11:05 AM

286 posts, read 521,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
OH and BTW - I vote Taco Bell for the worst fast food in the country. I knew someone that worked there once, and she told me the things they did with "food". I haven't been able to eat there since. Not to mention, it's WAY super overpriced for what it is, yet due to clever advertising campaigns you feel as if you are actually eating cheap. Taco Hell.
I agree!

I was amazed to see their commercials that came out a while ago touting their ground beef.

Their claim; "88% pure beef!" I believe they said the rest was ‘recipe’, otherwise known to everyone else as ‘filler’…

Old 04-05-2012, 12:01 PM

1,378 posts, read 3,211,877 times
OK. I must throw in. The Riffle Cafe in Merlin makes a pretty mean burger, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon