Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 06:10 PM

308 posts, read 410,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
There are no ... Chick-Fil-A in Oregon either. I think Popeye's has a deal worked out with KFC. Sonic has been building burger joints here, but I tried one once and it tied for the worst burger I have ever tasted.

Burgerville USA is still the top of the heap in Oregon, but they only cover NW Oregon and SW Washington.

Abby's Pizza is our best pizza chain.
There is at least one Chick-Fil-A in Oregon. Somewhere between Lincoln City and Portland, or perhaps it's between LC and Florence. I can't remember, because we've never stopped there. I pass it, somewhere along one of those routes. Just wish I could remember where.

My husband and I (and our spoiled little dogs) LOVE Popeye's. We usually stop for snacks any time we pass one. LOVE Burgerville, but have never eaten at a Sonic, so I can't comment on that any more than I can about Chick Fil A. I do know that one of my grown sons would love it if an In-N-Out would come to the PDX metro area, where he lives. He ate at them in California on his way to and from Mexico for some charity work building housing down there, and swore by them. My husband and I tried burgers there, once. Not too bad. We might eat there again, if one came near us. We don't eat much fast food, but occasionally, especially when we have dogs in the car, we'll stop for a snack at such places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 04:10 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes_Mrs. Z View Post
There is at least one Chick-Fil-A in Oregon. Somewhere between Lincoln City and Portland, or perhaps it's between LC and Florence. I can't remember, because we've never stopped there. I pass it, somewhere along one of those routes. Just wish I could remember where.
You are thinking of something else.

The Chick-Fil-A store locater shows the closest locations as Washington, Idaho, and California. The closest location to Oregon is Meridian, ID. Otherwise you have to go to Seattle or the Bay Area to find a Chick-Fil-A.

Restaurant Locations - Map and Locator | Chick-fil-A

Old 04-19-2015, 01:07 PM

609 posts, read 808,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I get the humor, but this isn't out of the question. In 'n Out has been expanding for atleast four years, moving into Utah and Texas. I think one stumbling block in WA and OR would be strong local franchises like Burgerville in OR/and SW WA, and Dick's in Seattle. But time will tell.
Burgerville is overpriced schlock. In n out will blow them out of the water. In n out is super affordable and high quality.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:30 PM

308 posts, read 410,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
You are thinking of something else.

The Chick-Fil-A store locater shows the closest locations as Washington, Idaho, and California. The closest location to Oregon is Meridian, ID. Otherwise you have to go to Seattle or the Bay Area to find a Chick-Fil-A.

Restaurant Locations - Map and Locator | Chick-fil-A
Thanks for the clarification. I must be thinking of something else :-).

Old 08-29-2015, 08:57 AM

6 posts, read 6,351 times
Update on Bob's...they should be at the fair this year too...but they are also at the Salem Center & looking at Lancaster Mall.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:14 AM

6 posts, read 6,351 times
I purchase Jimmy John's for the fast service. Plus the fact that it will deliver to my work.

As for burger joints...Carl's Jr is one of the best out there for price and quality...best in quality is Burgerville but way over priced. In-N-Out is cheap crap along the same quality as McDonald's.

When you eat at Subway switch to spinich
. Iceberg lettuce is water and ruffage...no nutritional value at all.

As for pizza my favorite is Paddington's in Salem, OR.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:30 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
The Medford In-N-Out is scheduled to open September 9 and they are forecasting "significant traffic issues," particularly for the first few weeks.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:30 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjain View Post
I purchase Jimmy John's for the fast service. Plus the fact that it will deliver to my work.

As for burger joints...Carl's Jr is one of the best out there for price and quality...best in quality is Burgerville but way over priced. In-N-Out is cheap crap along the same quality as McDonald's.

When you eat at Subway switch to spinich
. Iceberg lettuce is water and ruffage...no nutritional value at all.

As for pizza my favorite is Paddington's in Salem, OR.
I wish people would quit bad-mouthing iceberg lettuce. It's crisp and crunchy and makes a great sandwich. You aren't eating fast food for good nutrition, unless your fast food is soup. I put lots of things on sandwiches that have minimal nutritional value, like mayonnaise, just because I like the flavor and it makes a better sandwich.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:42 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
Lol, from the local paper:

Quote:
In-N-Out’s first store in Oregon may attract an onslaught of visitors from all over the state, and Medford officials are bracing for up to 300 cars and waits of three to four hours.

“I know I wouldn’t wait in line for that long, but some people will,” said Alex Georgevitch, city transportation manager.

Georgevitch and other city officials met with In-N-Out representatives recently to discuss a traffic plan to prevent backups on Highway 62 or even onto nearby Interstate 5. The Oregon Department of Transportation has expressed concern about potential traffic problems on the freeway or offramps.
I can't see it, either: it's not a bad fast food hamburger, probably one of the better, but it's just a fast food hamburger....

Old 09-02-2015, 07:16 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,625,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Lol, from the local paper:

I can't see it, either: it's not a bad fast food hamburger, probably one of the better, but it's just a fast food hamburger....
It's like the whole Krispy Kreme phenomenon that happened up here in Portland a few years ago.

Not how I would spend my time, but then I'm also not a person who will get up at 2:30am to go to a Black Friday sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon