Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 09:30 PM

687 posts, read 1,493,628 times

Advertisements

We've been looking more in the Salem area. In the late 80's/early 90's Desert Hot Springs was listed as the meth manufacturing capital of the nation. The theory was the low-population desert areas, and wind blowing through the pass, were the attraction to the area. That, and the police department at the time was totally corrupt. (They were eventually closed down and taken over the county sheriff) At the same time, California Department of Corrections, decided to "break up the gangs" by making released gang members move a set distance from their gang affiliates in Los Angeles. The city that met that criteria exactly was Desert Hot Springs. It's only been in the last 5-10 years that local law enforcement has declared a problem with gangs and drugs in the area.

This is why I try to find accurate information about local gangs and drugs, instead of the police department's "official" version. It does sound like Oregon has learned from California's stupidity on that matter. Unlike a lot of people, I tend to believe there are gangs just about everywhere. It is a relief to hear that, for the most part, Oregon gangs are avoiding violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 12:30 AM

23 posts, read 136,418 times
Indeed. Less competition and more mutual respect usually equates to less violence. I'm not advocating gangbanging, but we tend to do it with more, er, class up here. Even in my day (i almost 30 now, OG status) we had rules and a chain of command to follow. No violence against children or innocent civilians and absolutely no slanging outside of schools, play grounds or churches. The gangs today, especially the young ones in cali, seem to have little or no respect for any sort of common decency. Running a gang is like running a business, you need to do it with common sense. A dope fiend is a dope fiend, if they want product the gang will provide. But innocent, hard working family men and women, as well as the children in that family, should be entirely sheltered from the **** we live on a daily basis. I also believe that parents play an important role in keeping their children away from gangs. A lot of us who lived that life did so because we had no guidance or supervision. If a parent does what they need to do to keep their kids on the straight and narrow, chances are that child probably won't come in contact with the gang lifestyle...

Old 02-23-2013, 03:45 PM

687 posts, read 1,493,628 times
I don't know about other areas in California, but its weird here in the desert. There's no "need" to be in gangs and there's lots of hood hopping when families move. What's sad is its very generational and very young. Grandpa could very easily be in his late 20s-early 30s, when banging hasn't quite stopped being cool (for some) and now they're taking "funny" pics of grandbaby in his blue bandanna and cholo shades. I actually get what you mean about the level of class. I had a 12 year old boy in class. His dad stormed the office because the boy had stolen something of his. Turned out the kid stole Dad's weed stash and sold it on his way to school. His "punishment " was having to hand over the money he had "earned". He's 3rd generation crips, no class, no chance.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRed View Post
I don't know about other areas in California, but its weird here in the desert. There's no "need" to be in gangs and there's lots of hood hopping when families move. What's sad is its very generational and very young. Grandpa could very easily be in his late 20s-early 30s, when banging hasn't quite stopped being cool (for some) and now they're taking "funny" pics of grandbaby in his blue bandanna and cholo shades. I actually get what you mean about the level of class. I had a 12 year old boy in class. His dad stormed the office because the boy had stolen something of his. Turned out the kid stole Dad's weed stash and sold it on his way to school. His "punishment " was having to hand over the money he had "earned". He's 3rd generation crips, no class, no chance.
My son grew up knowing that if I ever caught his ass dressing like I do or associating with people I used to, he'd get whooped and set to boarding school. I think it's terrible when parents indoctrinate the gang culture in to their innocent children. Let them grow up and decide for themselves, who are you trying to persuade?? Thats what I mean by class. And ignorance...

Old 02-25-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
I hear that here on the Curry County Oregon coast we have a gang as well called the KKK. They wear white at their meetings. They tend to keep other gangs out.
:cough: troll :cough: ^

You should do us all a favor and adopt their sense of fashion, from above the shoulders I mean...at least when you're out in public or posting profile pics...

Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 PM

731 posts, read 678,101 times
No I am not a troll. I am a resident on the south coast. Since you said gangs were spreading from the valley to the south coast I thought I would mention a gang that we have here, the only one that I know of.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
No I am not a troll. I am a resident on the south coast. Since you said gangs were spreading from the valley to the south coast I thought I would mention a gang that we have here, the only one that I know of.
the kkk isnt a street gang, its a supremest organization. they have no hand in the drug trade here making them a complete non factor in this particular discussion. You'd have been better off just admitting you were a troll...

Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,467,337 times
There are lots of signs of fiction in the original post here. First of all, the term "the southern Oregon valley" is completely bogus -- nobody with even a cursory level of experience here calls it that. It's "the Rogue Valley" or just "southern Oregon." "The southern Oregon valley" is the product of a creative writing exercise. Secondly, "the southern Oregon valley [sic] does not extend all the way to the coast. Anyone with even a casual awareness of the area knows the valley extends only as far west as Grants Pass. After that, you hit the Siskiyou/Klamath massif and the valley is over. The only gang presence on the southern coast is the AARP. Bogus, bogus, bogus.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve97415 View Post
There are lots of signs of fiction in the original post here. First of all, the term "the southern Oregon valley" is completely bogus -- nobody with even a cursory level of experience here calls it that. It's "the Rogue Valley" or just "southern Oregon." "The southern Oregon valley" is the product of a creative writing exercise. Secondly, "the southern Oregon valley [sic] does not extend all the way to the coast. Anyone with even a casual awareness of the area knows the valley extends only as far west as Grants Pass. After that, you hit the Siskiyou/Klamath massif and the valley is over. The only gang presence on the southern coast is the AARP. Bogus, bogus, bogus.
I only said it extended to the coast for the sake of inclusion. If you read the rest of my post I explained that nearly all of the gangs I'd mentioned are along the I-5 corridor, which is a well known FACT (see antonym for fiction). Are you in a gang, sir? Since when do you know what gang members refer to the area as?? Do you speak for every gang member in the southern part of the state?? Did you personally assign the lingo for every individual gang and sub set?? More over, sir, do you work within law enforcement and have the knowledge at hand to debunk anything I've stated?? I'll tell you what - because unlike you, I have FACTS to back up what I say - I've included a list with information for you to take a look at. It was copied and pasted from nwgangs.com, a site co authored by law enforcement. Please be advised, though, that LE isn't always aware of everything that goes on, especially when it comes to new and evolving street gangs.

CLACKAMAS COUNTY
(Happy Valley, Lk. Oswego, Milwaukie, Oak Grove and Oregon City)

SURENOS 13 GANGS

* Brown Crowd Raza
* Brown Pride Surenos 13
* Colonia Chiques 13 (COXCH)
* Compton Varrio Segundo 13
* Compton Varrio Tortilla Flats 13
* Crazy ****in Mexicans 13
* Florencia 13
* Hang Out Boyz 13
* Hillside 12th Street
* Krazy Cali Boyz 13
* Loco Mafia Varrio 13
* Loco Surenos Clique 13
* Mi Vida Loca 13
* Montavilla Locos 13
* Oak Grove Boyz 13
* Paso Robles Boyz 13
* Pine Street Clicka 13
* Puro Sureno Rifa 13
* South Side Locos 13
* Sur Trece Califas 13
* Tiny Boys 13 (TBS)
* Varrio West Side Tepa 13
  • Brown Rascals (BRS)
  • Winos (WNS)
* West Side 18th Street
  • 54th Tiny Locos
* Brown Pride Chicanas (Female gang)
* Surena Locas 13 (Female gang)

NORTENOS 14 GANGS

* Brown Pride Nortenos 14

OTHER GANGS

* Almighty Latin King Nation
* Black Savage 7
* Felony Flat Crips
* Nasty Boyz (Asians)
* Red Cobra Bloods (Asians)
* Ya-Kuza (Asians)

COOS COUNTY
North Bend and Coos Bay

**Info soon to come**

EUGENE-SPRINGFIELD METRO

* East Side Tribe Crip Gang
* Gangster Disciple Nation
* Mara Salvatrucha 13
* South Side Playboy Surenos 13
* Underground Disciples (Rap group)
* West Side Rollin' 60's Crips
* West Side Rollin' 90's Crips
* West Side Gangsters
* West Side Hilltop
* West Side Piru

LINCOLN COUNTY

* Hillside 12th Street
* Vatos Locos 13

MADRAS, JEFFERSON COUNTY

* Hang Out Boyz 13
* Native Gangsta Tribe (Warm Springs)
* Native Mobb (Warm Springs)
* Play Boy Surenos 13
* West Side Piru (Warm Springs)
* West Side 18th Street

MALHEUR COUNTY
(Ontario and Nyssa)

* Blythe Street Gang 13 (BST)
* Brown Magic Clique 13
* Dominguez Varrio 13
* Little Valley Lokotes 13
* Nortenos 14
* West Side 18th Street
  • Shatto Park Locos

MARION/POLK COUNTIES
(Salem, Keizer, Woodburn and Independence)

SURENOS 13 GANGS

* Brown Pride Raza 13
* Brown Pride Tokers 13
* Clarence Street Locos 13
* Hang Out Boyz 13
* Loco Sureno Clicka 13
* South Side Locos 13
* Surenos Taking Over 13
* Varrio Highland Trece 13
* Vatos Locos 13
* West Side 18th Street
  • Shatto Park Loco
  • Tiny Locos
  • Tiny Winos

NORTENOS 14 GANGS

* North Side Visas 14
* Varrio Catoce 14
* Varrio Norte Salem 14

OTHER GANGS

* Bloods Banging Juggalos X7
* Evil Minded Killers
* Grown Street Boys
* Indian Power Organization (Bloods)
* South Side 6th Street Crips
* West Side Mafia Crips
* West Side Piru

MEDFORD, JACKSON COUNTY

* Brown Nation 13
* Ready And Willing 13
* Varrio Dub Flats 13
* Fremont Street Norte 14
* Varrio Chico London 14
* Varrio Grande Catorce 14
* Varrio Medfaz Norte 14
* CPP/CPC/CPG (Central Point)
* South Valley Cartel
* Polynesian Pride Gang
* West Bay Pinay Boyz
* Barnett Blood Gang (inactive)
* Central Point CRIP gang (inactive)

UMATILLA COUNTY
(Hermiston, Milton-Freewater and Pendleton)

SURENOS 13 GANGS

* Florencia 13
  • Los Malos (LMS)
  • Organized Criminals (OC)
* South Side Angelitos 13
* Tiny Locos 13
* Tiny Winos Surenos 13
* West Side 18th Street

NORTENOS 14 GANGS

* North Side Hustlaz 14
* North Side Varrio 14

OTHER GANGS

* East Side Piru
* Motown Park Hustlers (Gangster Disciple Nation)
* Native Pride Bloods
* Savage 101 Bloods
* West Side Los Bandoleros- Brown Pride (Irrigon, Morrow County)

WASHINGTON COUTY
(Beaverton, Cornelius, Forest Grove, Hillsboro and Tigard)

SURENOS 13 GANGS

* Blue Devils 13
* Brown Crowd Raza 13
* Brown Pride Chicanas 13 (Female gang)
* Brown Pride Marijuanos 13
* Brown Pride Surenos 13
* Clika Los Primos Surenos 13 (CLPS)
* Colonia Chiques 13 (COXCH)
* Corona Varrio Locos, 4th Street ACNS
* Crazy ****in Mexicans 13
* Highland 13
* Hillside 12th Street
  • Lil Angelito Pachucos
  • Marijuanos Locos
* Marijuanos Locos Crystaleros 13
* Mid City Stoners 13
* Mexican Pride Surenos 13
* Paso Robles Boys 13
* South Side Criminals 13
* South Side Locos 13
* South Side Thugs 13
* South Side Varrio Locas 13 (Female gang)
* Sur Trece Califas 13
* Tiny Boy Surenos 13
* True Mexican Soldiers 13
* True Sureno Youngsters 13
* Varrio West Side Tepa 13
  • Brown Rascals (BRS)
  • Winos (WNS)
* Vatos Locos Crew 13
* West Side Harpys Gang, 25th Street Dead End 13
  • Tiny Locos (TLS)
* Yolano Park Surenos 13

WEST SIDE 18TH STREET GANG

* 7th & Broadway
* 54th Tiny Locos
* Brown Pride Familia
* Shatto Park Locos
* Tiny Winos

NORTENOS 14 GANGS

* North Side Villinz 14
* Varrio Catorce 14
* Varrio Mas Locos 14

OTHER GANGS

* Almighty Latin King Nation
* Member of Bloods
  • North Side Mob (Bloods & Nortenos)

YAMHILL COUNTY
(McMinnville-Newberg area)

* Varrio Catorce 14
* Indian Power Organization (Bloods)
* Satan Disciples (Folk Nation)
* South Side Criminals 13

Old 02-27-2013, 02:33 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,817,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIV3FOURON3 View Post
I've included a list with information for you to take a look at. It was copied and pasted from nwgangs.com, a site co authored by law enforcement. Please be advised, though, that LE isn't always aware of everything that goes on, especially when it comes to new and evolving street gangs.
There is only a link to a law enforcement report on that website - otherwise there is no listed connection with any kind of law enforcement. If the owner of that site has any connection with law enforcement or government at all, it would boost his credibility quite a bit. Otherwise, based on his blog, it is all anecdotal crime reports.

I am not claiming that there are no gangs in Oregon, far from it. On the other hand, I'd prefer info from verifiable sites like:

Gang Unit
Gang Enforcement
A Community Approach to Stopping Gang Violence | Multnomah County
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon