Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,790,757 times

Advertisements

The hobo is a funny troll for sure, and he's really got people chasing their own tails in this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 06:23 PM

17 posts, read 20,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Fiddle head has provided very polite and helpful answers. The OP has quite the tone however, "of course I mean ave temps". Wow! Come on a forum, ask a bunch of highly specific questions and bring on the attitude. We are more gay friendly than you are!
Tone is not something one can really read through a computer screen.

If you could you would see that I am a happy go lucky hippy kind of person.

You need to look at my post and apply softer tones, Of course I mean average temps. I did not say OF COURSE I mean average temps! sheesh! doh! I was very polite in my reply.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:25 PM

17 posts, read 20,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiffrace View Post
Welcome to the anonymous 'politeness' of social media.
Over and over strangers come with sense of entitlement, and won't even bother with 'thank you' , or positive rating.
Even more amazingly, there are enough regulars who are addicted to feeding the trolls.
Take the hobo trolling the Portland Forum for weeks - there are suprisingly many people who take that dope seriously and reply to his gibberish.
When I have all of the information I need, I thank those who contributed to that and have already sent private messages thanking several people, also I did not know you could rank someone on here, I am new here, remember?

You are now being offensive and rude in your comments, assumptions and accusations. I came here seeking answers and have been polite and calm in my dealings here.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:35 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,914,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMitchell74 View Post
Tone is not something one can really read through a computer screen.

If you could you would see that I am a happy go lucky hippy kind of person.

You need to look at my post and apply softer tones, Of course I mean average temps. I did not say OF COURSE I mean average temps! sheesh! doh! I was very polite in my reply.

Honestly, to start your sentence with , "of course", is on the rude side. I used "tone" because I didn't want to sound harsh and say bluntly, rude. I have read your posts here though and I was correct in my initial assumption. You ask a ton of highly detailed questions and people here kindly gave you real answers. On other city and state forums you would not be so lucky.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:41 PM

Well, I didn't take the "of course" to be rude. I guess you can read whatever you want into it, but it seems to me that you're just looking for a fight, Yankeemama. What's the point of picking over every little word that someone types just so you can pounce on it? Sheesh. This place gets more passive-aggressive every day.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 PM

Location: Winter nightime low 60,summer daytime high 85, sunny 300 days/year, no hablamos ingles aquí
700 posts, read 1,501,501 times
The 'of course' phrase was ok, but other points by Yankeemama and me regarding the attitude of some ( but not all) people coming here for advice still apply.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 PM

335 posts, read 423,656 times
Some awfully thin skin around these parts. Maybe this is what the Portlanders are talking about. Lighten up and quit looking for offense where there is none.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiffrace View Post
The 'of course' phrase was ok, but other points by Yankeemama and me regarding the attitude of some ( but not all) people coming here for advice still apply.
I'm not sure it's up to you and Yankeemama to play "tone cops" here. Not everyone is going to post the way that the two of you want them to.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:01 PM

Location: Winter nightime low 60,summer daytime high 85, sunny 300 days/year, no hablamos ingles aquí
700 posts, read 1,501,501 times
Well, it's not about thin skin. There are several regulars here who provide detailed, labor-intensive answers, for free.
They deserve some appreciation, for their effort alone, even if the asker is unhappy with the answer.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:16 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,914,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I'm not sure it's up to you and Yankeemama to play "tone cops" here. Not everyone is going to post the way that the two of you want them to.
Whatever, Metlakatla, I am not biting. Sticks and stones...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon