Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:57 PM

487 posts, read 896,756 times

Advertisements

Maybe that's because you live in a place with an Asian population low enough that men don't have the option between the two. Here in Vancouver, more than half the time that I see an attractive White man with a girlfriend, that girlfriend is Asian.

You might argue that's just because of the high Asian population, but if that's the case, how come I never (maybe a couple times) see an Asian MAN with a White female.

It's obvious.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:03 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Perhaps you'll be able to find the man of your dreams if you put a personal ad on Stormfront.

Capitalization of the word "white" on Internet forums while discussing race is generally used to indicate a particular world view that isn't shared by decent people. Perhaps it's just a mistake on your part, but your posts would indicate otherwise. Anyway, I hope that you find what you're looking for -- somewhere else.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 10-14-2013 at 05:14 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Perhaps you'll be able to find the man of your dreams if you put a personal ad on Stormfront.

Capitalization of the word "white" on Internet forums while discussing race is generally used to indicate a particular world view that isn't shared by decent people. Perhaps it's just a mistake on your part, but your posts would indicate otherwise. Anyway, I hope that you find what you're looking for -- somewhere else.
What a typical response to someone who says they want to live somewhere that isn't overwhelmingly immigrant population. If I want to live somewhere that isn't very racially segregated, where I have to compete with Asians in work and the dating scene, where I can communicate with people and read the signs, you suggest I go to Stormfront. Funny.

People just looovvee to pull out the Stormfront card.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

Black is capitalized. White is too.
It's not referring solely to a color, but a particular group of people.

By the way, my ethnic literature professor at my college in Santa Monica was the one who suggested we capitalize those terms.

Last edited by djohanna; 10-14-2013 at 05:32 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 05:27 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
Maybe that's because you live in a place with an Asian population low enough that men don't have the option between the two. Here in Vancouver, more than half the time that I see an attractive White man with a girlfriend, that girlfriend is Asian.

You might argue that's just because of the high Asian population, but if that's the case, how come I never (maybe a couple times) see an Asian MAN with a White female.

It's obvious.
I have a white female friend from high school who has been married to an Asian man for years. I worked with an Asian man who also had a white wife. There, now you have heard two more.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:34 PM

No, it was because of your capitalization of the word "white" that I suggested that you give the Stormfront dating scene a try. That's characteristic Internet behavior of those with a certain set of beliefs. If you don't want want to be associated with those beliefs, you might want to rethink using one of their trademarks.

If you can't compete socially or professionally in normal environments, Stormfront just might be the answer for you.

Anyway, I don't think you'll find what you're looking for in Oregon or Washington.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 PM

White is often capitalized. Not just by people who HATE anyone who isn't White, as you seem to suggest.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:42 PM

That's nice. It's usually capitalized on forums like this by those with an agenda, and your posts seem to indicate that you're a racist. Again, to answer your original question, I don't think you'll find your paradise in Washington or Oregon. You're still going to have to compete with others in the dating and work arenas, and that seems to be a source of great frustration for you. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 10-14-2013 at 05:58 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 05:54 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,511,249 times
All I can think of to say after reading all these posts is YIKES!

Old 10-14-2013, 05:57 PM

775 posts, read 1,259,447 times
"It seems obvious Portland doesn't fit me that well because I'm no sexually liberated hippie girl who dresses like a slob/freak"

Again, not judging

Listen, I am going to give it to you straight. You aren't seeing a man right now, not because there is an abundance of Asian women stealing your men out from under you, but because your attitude just plain sucks. You're young and need a few years under your belt before you "figure it out" so to speak. But seriously, if you have conversations with potential dates like you do here or say the things you do here - if I were a guy I would run for the hills. And CERTAINLY, no guy in Portland is going to listen to your nonsense. So no, Portland wold not be a good spot for you and neither would Seattle.

Like I said, you're young so you get a pass for just being an ignorant, young, (entitled), college girl who thinks her sh*t doesn't stink. Men are not attracted to girls like you unless they want a hookup, that includes guys in Portland. They dont care about your Frye boots or Birkin bag. Hell, I am friends with a pretty successful and established criminal lawyer who I know would LOOOVE to take you home based on how you describe yourself. Would he keep you around? Hell no. He knows better.

Get your priorities straight, focus on yourself and not where you can move to find a man.

Last edited by Copsgirl73; 10-14-2013 at 06:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon