Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 11:18 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times

Advertisements

Really? Nobody has ever used this thread title? I am amazed.

So, is everyone enjoying the early fall weather? I have been greasing boots and spraying waterproofing on jackets and hats. Fire danger is over, debris burning is allowed, and the neighbors don't shoot at you if you fire up a chainsaw. Life is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 11:32 AM

54 posts, read 58,168 times
Yes, I am enjoying this rainy weather. We need rain. I love the cooler weather. It is a wonderful unexpected gift. My sister visited from California and really enjoyed this rain too. I hope it means a wet Fall and beyond.

Old 09-18-2019, 12:04 PM

5,449 posts, read 7,743,493 times
Is it just me or are the rainfall patterns changing?

I seem to remember lots of endless days of light drizzle when I was a kid but rarely ever any big downpours. Lately we seem to be getting a lot more midwest-style cloudbursts. Shorter and more intense rainstorms followed by patches of sun.

Is this just my imagination or have others noticed it as well?

Old 09-18-2019, 12:22 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,515,583 times
Grapes took a hit.

Old 09-18-2019, 12:46 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Grapes took a hit.
The pot crop too. Mildew is always a problem, and this year will be bad for it. I have a friend who grows her own, and she has been out every morning with a leaf blower, drying her plants off to prevent mildew. Labor costs on the commercial farms are going through the roof. There's no word yet on the effect of cool weather on potency. If October is dry, it may not matter.

Old 09-18-2019, 12:57 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The pot crop too. Mildew is always a problem, and this year will be bad for it. I have a friend who grows her own, and she has been out every morning with a leaf blower, drying her plants off to prevent mildew. Labor costs on the commercial farms are going through the roof. There's no word yet on the effect of cool weather on potency. If October is dry, it may not matter.

I'm trying to keep my one plant dry. I built a wire cage for it and have a canopy that I can take on or off in about 3 minutes. It's supposed to dry out tomorrow and Friday and I'll harvest on Friday. I had a quonset hut last year but the big snowfall took it out. Dang sleep anyway!

Old 09-18-2019, 01:18 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,036,845 times
I am loving the rain. Still no need for an actual jacket as it isn’t remotely that cold. Looking forward to this for a long time.

Old 09-18-2019, 02:45 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,455,954 times
September is my favorite month, however this September is more like October.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:16 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
Is it just me or are the rainfall patterns changing?

I seem to remember lots of endless days of light drizzle when I was a kid but rarely ever any big downpours. Lately we seem to be getting a lot more midwest-style cloudbursts. Shorter and more intense rainstorms followed by patches of sun.

Is this just my imagination or have others noticed it as well?
Yes, it is shifting to more sunny days in the fall/winter, but rain that has bigger downpours with thunder and lightning.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:50 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Really? Nobody has ever used this thread title? I am amazed.

So, is everyone enjoying the early fall weather? I have been greasing boots and spraying waterproofing on jackets and hats. Fire danger is over, debris burning is allowed, and the neighbors don't shoot at you if you fire up a chainsaw. Life is good.
It's been unusually cloudy this month on the coast. Actually most of the summer. But as always there have been good days with plenty of sunshine. So it's all good for me. I have to wonder though what the winter will be like, if there is already this much clouds and rain. It could be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon