Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:37 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseamaria View Post
Hi. I am a landlord who has not been able to collect rent for the past year, while the dues I had on the association were paid. They are already paid. Do the association have the right to collect the Condo fees from the renter directly and give the rest of the money to me? shouldn't I be the one who collects it. What does the law says.. thanks!
Seriously? Have you started evict proceedings? I would have given a three day notice when they hit the 10 days past due point, and if they didn't pay up (no partial payments) I would have filed to evict. It's usually no more than a 90 day process, start to finish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,205 times
Default Tenants, if your Landlord owes past association dues HOA's can collect rent payments directly from you

Why don't you pay the HOA fees for your cousin... Your cousin was there for you when you were in a jam. You should in turn be there for your cousin... Besides you have to pay for where you live... You can't live for free. If you had paid your Cousin rent they would have been able to pay their HOA fees... I'm just saying

Last edited by stepsister1; 04-18-2013 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 04-19-2013, 06:52 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,626,106 times
So what happened to contract law? This overrides and automatically negates the contract between unit owner and tenant?

What about the part about tenants making up the arrearages. I don't like that at all. This means a tenant is not free to move, to relocate on business, etc because he has to stay to pay for the unit owner's debt? Didn't this happen in olde England?

Old 03-22-2014, 04:50 PM

1 posts, read 969 times
How about a tenant that was suppose to pay the hoa but did not and now the owners were served with a foreclosure summons and the owners were unaware that the tenants did not pay their rent and were not evicted by the hoa. What rights does the owner have in order to keep the home from foreclosure.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:34 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisejd View Post
How about a tenant that was suppose to pay the hoa but did not and now the owners were served with a foreclosure summons and the owners were unaware that the tenants did not pay their rent and were not evicted by the hoa. What rights does the owner have in order to keep the home from foreclosure.
Why the heck would you let your tenant pay the hoa fees themselves??? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisejd View Post
None. They need to pay the debt and if they had it in writing in the lease with the tenant, go after the tenant for the money.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 803 times
I am on the board and we have owners with tenants not paying their fees. Is there a state form to demand the rent from the tenant? We want to make sure we do this legally!

Old 11-15-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thartigh07 View Post
I am on the board and we have owners with tenants not paying their fees. Is there a state form to demand the rent from the tenant? We want to make sure we do this legally!
You really should speak to your HOA attorney, at least the first time you pursue this.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:44 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,626,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thartigh07 View Post
So, you mean you have owners not paying their fees. And these owners have tenants.

Have you demanded the fees from the owners already?

Check this out. (You really need to have all the laws pertaining to hoas at your fingertips online)

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=0700-0799/0718/Sections/0718.116.html

Page down near the end. 11 (a). But before that there is a process to follow. Once met, there is still the process of a specific letter to the tenant, a demand letter to the owner regarding your receiving the tenant's rent by law, specific receipts to the tenant, how much the tenant pays (regular rent) and for how long (end of owner's debt or expiration of lease) etc.

Last edited by cully; 11-16-2014 at 08:03 AM..

Old 11-16-2014, 08:45 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
The tenants really are safe- it's the old pay Peter instead of Paul cause you owe Peter first - this law is for the deadbeat owners-in my case it is the BIG B/S corp- they did come to serve once, and I sent them away, haven't seen them since. The new hoa prez is next door, by the time he gets the jest of what he got himself into- I will be gone to my own place- HOA free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando