Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 12:29 PM

13 posts, read 24,145 times

Advertisements

Hello all!!

Looks like I'm not the first person to ask this question! My boyfriend and I are looking to move to Orlando with in the next month or two. Prefferably by September at the latest! The sooner the better for me! Our biggest issue is we arent trying to spend a ton of money because its only our first place and we dont need anything fancy or big, but our biggest issue is our dog. We have a doberman and we've so far only found on place that will willingly take him.

Ive seen people posting on here that say to pass the dog off as another breed and we could do that, but id prefer a place that would just accept him as a doberman!

Can anyone suggest some good places around orlando, even kissimmee area that would take our dobe?

Any help on any of this would be greatly appreciated!

-Crystal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 01:23 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,547 times
Springtree Village on Red Bug Lake Rd in Casselberry.

I'm not 100% on Doberman's but they definitely allow Pitbulls and I can't very well imagine allowing Pitbulls but turning away Dobermans.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:04 PM

Is this place in a decent area, we currently dont live in florida so its hard to judge these places!!

Old 07-25-2010, 04:23 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,547 times
I lived there for 4 years. Can't complain. Its generally quiet and very small and cozy in my opinion. I prefer it to a lot of the newer places. The bad side is only that you won't have laundry but there is a shared laundry room you can buy a card for and the AC isn't central. But its quiet, affordable, friendly, and everything is 1 story. Its in a great location too about 1.2 miles from Semoran Blvd which has everything you could want on it including a nice gym there. Its about 2 miles to the Casselberry library which I believe is the largest in Seminole county. Its not right off of Semoran though so its safer and quieter. Its right by Red Bug Park which is a very nice and very active park. And at the other direction is Red Bug and Tuskawilla which has very nice and convenient grocery stores without having to deal with Semoran traffic. There's no bus on Red Bug but you can walk or bike the 1.2 miles to Semoran and then catch a bus. I-4 is about 4 miles away if I were to guess and the 417 is probably about 3.5 though in opposite directions. I know UCF is 8 miles away. Oviedo Mall and Altamonte Mall are equal distance at I believe 4.5 miles or so.

Semoran Blvd = S.R. 436 and you'll hear it called both.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:36 PM

7 posts, read 20,486 times
I hope it works out for you. I've been a landlord for years, and even small pooches can create law suits. Dont' take it too personally. If you find a place that's "almost" willing to take the dog, consider offering to get a tenants rental policy and putting the landlord on there as an 'also insured.' That way it will at least cover the landlord at your expense if something happens. Also if you have a good relationship right now with a landlord, think of getting a letter of recommendation regarding the dog - and send a picture or video. Sounds odd, but it sometimes works.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:58 PM

Thanks everyone! Any help is better than none!! We are still looking and hoping to move down before it starts to get cold here in md or before the first snowfall!! Btw "lil" do u rent places? Just wondering because you stated that you have been a landlord for years..? Another thing we were looking into was foreclosures, because i would rather put money into a house instead of an apartment. Does anyone know of a good site or broker down there we could get in contact with?? Geeeze it sucks not being in florida!!! Thanks again everyone for all your info!!

Old 09-05-2010, 10:37 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal82 View Post
Hello all!!

Looks like I'm not the first person to ask this question! My boyfriend and I are looking to move to Orlando with in the next month or two. Prefferably by September at the latest! The sooner the better for me! Our biggest issue is we arent trying to spend a ton of money because its only our first place and we dont need anything fancy or big, but our biggest issue is our dog. We have a doberman and we've so far only found on place that will willingly take him.

Ive seen people posting on here that say to pass the dog off as another breed and we could do that, but id prefer a place that would just accept him as a doberman!

Can anyone suggest some good places around orlando, even kissimmee area that would take our dobe?

Any help on any of this would be greatly appreciated!

-Crystal
Try private rentals. I think that you'll have more success that way. Try looking on Craigslist. Make sure you do your homework and the landlord is legit. I don't like to rent either and I'd rather buy. I'd suggest you rent temporarily.
A good idea is to stay at an extended stay and then look around.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:05 PM

8 posts, read 15,630 times
Most places will take pets and its knowing where to look. The guide to dogs is based on size for example small medium and large and most landlords take a deposit dependent on the dogs size
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando