Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:33 PM

3 posts, read 10,844 times

Advertisements

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but regarding Trader Joe's, I've been told by the people at a couple different Trader Joe's in AZ that they plan on expanding into FL in the next couple years. They just opened a new SE distrubution center. I don't know what I'm going to do in Orlando without Trader Joe's!! (I lived in AZ for a few years, South FL for 20 before that and we're on our way to Orlando)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 08:36 PM

4 posts, read 23,303 times
Default me too!!!

[I keep sending TJ's mail telling them to put a store here, and so far no luck. maybe we need to stage a major campaign. I'm in SERIOUS TJ withdrawl!!!

QUOTE=OC2OC;1124476]We moved from Orange County to Winter Garden and we miss Trader Joe's.. a lot.[/quote]

Old 07-25-2007, 09:39 PM

99 posts, read 553,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtofl123 View Post
[I keep sending TJ's mail telling them to put a store here, and so far no luck. maybe we need to stage a major campaign. I'm in SERIOUS TJ withdrawl!!!

QUOTE=OC2OC;1124476]We moved from Orange County to Winter Garden and we miss Trader Joe's.. a lot.
[/quote]

Absolutely. I send e-mails on a regular basis. Trader Joe's chocolate covered pistachios are also being sent to us by UPS. Yummmm.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:58 PM

376 posts, read 1,866,590 times
can somebody explain to me what is so great about Trader Joes? On a visit to San Fran, I walked through one briefly just to see what all the fuss is about. We have in So. Florida, whole foods which to me is overpriced. We also have the Fresh Market, which is an upscale gourmet market that I like but is also expensive. For anybody moving to Florida definitley shop at Publix over Winn Dixie. WD is yuck.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:17 AM

69 posts, read 443,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieder View Post
Hey gimme5, you mind me asking what career field you are in?

We're in SJ and not loving it. We like San Francisco, but most of our friends up there have moved away in the last few months or are planning to leave for greener pastures in the near future. Then we'll have no great reason to stay. It might be time for us to move back near our home states.

My spouse in an electrical engineer, so Silicon Valley is a great place for jobs. Engineering seems to be drying up on the east coast though. Know anything about high tech in Orlando, or FL in general?
Hi!
I'm actually self-employed. I run a small company offering web hosting, web design and various web services. I think that as far as tech jobs go, SJ is going to be better than Orlando.

My wife and I didn't really love San Jose, we felt that there wasn't much for us to do there. It's different in Central Florida, but we miss the Bay area once in a while.

If you do decide to come here, please grab me a cheesesteak from Sonia's Kitchen on William St. I miss those

Old 07-26-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandeco View Post
can somebody explain to me what is so great about Trader Joes? On a visit to San Fran, I walked through one briefly just to see what all the fuss is about. We have in So. Florida, whole foods which to me is overpriced. We also have the Fresh Market, which is an upscale gourmet market that I like but is also expensive. For anybody moving to Florida definitley shop at Publix over Winn Dixie. WD is yuck.
Trader Joe's is great. Good quality products, stuff you don't find everywhere else, nice atmosphere and not too expensive.

And yes, Publix is better than WD. Although I find the WD near me (Poinciana) has gotten better.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:59 AM

88 posts, read 846,872 times
Default Huh?

What is a "cheesesteak"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
... please grab me a cheesesteak from Sonia's Kitchen on William St. I miss those

Old 07-27-2007, 07:02 AM

640 posts, read 3,074,863 times
Sorry, I'm from Philly... Sonia's Kitchen doesn't sound like an authentic cheesesteak maker! LOL LOL. You must go to Philadelphia for the best anywhere.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:26 AM

88 posts, read 846,872 times
Default Ah, light dawns

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesesteak]Cheesesteak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebee1957 View Post
What is a "cheesesteak"?

Old 07-27-2007, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenAroundTheBlock View Post
Sorry, I'm from Philly... Sonia's Kitchen doesn't sound like an authentic cheesesteak maker! LOL LOL. You must go to Philadelphia for the best anywhere.
Man, this is probably going to upset you a little bit, but here goes: I've had Pat's cheesesteaks in Philly, and in my humble opinion, Sonia's cheesesteaks > Pat's cheesesteaks.

They don't claim to make authentic philly cheesesteaks, and they are in fact a bit different. They don't even call them cheesesteaks. It's called an "Onion steak with cheese". But hey...they're pretty good .

Yes, I realize that Sonia's cheesesteaks are made by a bunch of Filipinos in San Jose, CA, and I realize that I might have just signed my own death warrant, but I had to say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando