Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times

Advertisements

Here another thing to consider not only for this question, but also for the general "what is there to do in Orlando other than theme parks?" Although they're are many transplants and newbies here there are also alot of people with roots here. So just like anywhere else even though we have an abundance of things to do, we can't always do them. I don't think I've had a weekend where I had nothing to do, more often I wanted to do something but couldn't because I had other commitments. Family BBQ's, little league games, weddings, dinners, etc. The reality is even I wanted to go all the special events and cool offerings, I simply can't. I have another life to live that gets heavily taken up by family time. So when people ask, what do you do in Orlando....well I do what just about everyone else does, hang out with the family...for better or worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 11:48 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Here another thing to consider not only for this question, but also for the general "what is there to do in Orlando other than theme parks?" Although they're are many transplants and newbies here there are also alot of people with roots here. So just like anywhere else even though we have an abundance of things to do, we can't always do them. I don't think I've had a weekend where I had nothing to do, more often I wanted to do something but couldn't because I had other commitments. Family BBQ's, little league games, weddings, dinners, etc. The reality is even I wanted to go all the special events and cool offerings, I simply can't. I have another life to live that gets heavily taken up by family time. So when people ask, what do you do in Orlando....well I do what just about everyone else does, hang out with the family...for better or worse.
This may be the most crucial statement made about Orlando. The things you can do with the free time, become too familiar, and one starts getting bored or lonely or whatever. Then the things you can't do for whatever reason, are just that. The things you can't do unless something changes in the lifestyle you live or choices you make. Great post.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,369 times
Yeah definitely never a dull moment for sure.
Have you heard of iFly ?? It's amazing, I've always wanted to experience skydiving without the whole "jumping ut of an airplane" part - Too scary for me!!!

iFLY Orlando Discounts and Reviews

Old 05-02-2013, 03:09 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdRatherBeAtTheBeach View Post
While I was browsing around in my attempt to learn more about Orlando I was struck by how everything seems to be so child oriented. I know Disney is a big part of Orlando but I assumed with a town so large and with so many tourists I thought there might be a better mix of things to do that not only include children but adults as well. All I seem to see are things related to Disney, or Universal or some sort of hotel. Maybe since those attractions are so popular it kind of drowns out other things to do. I know the shopping seems wonderful; they do have great shopping including designer boutiques (which I don’t have access to where I currently live). Outside of that I don’t see much else to do, with the exception of a water park or discovery cove. Are there many things for adults to do in Orlando?
There are a lot of things besides shopping and theme parks. What are you interested in? Wake boarding, Waverunners, Fishing, Snorkeling, Canoeing, Swimming, Nightlife etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando