Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 10:02 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

we've typically held Aquatica season passes but wet and wild offered us seasonal passes for about $20 less per person. I've never been to WNW so I was hoping maybe for some feedback.

What we liked about Aquatica was that it was fairly easy to navigate the park, without a map. We never did any of the big water slides so those are a non-issue. My son loves the kids plays area and the rapids thing. I liked the lazy (kinda) river and the beach simulator.

We always took our own snacks without any problem but on occasion we did try the food and it was decent; overpriced but tasted okay. Parking was relatively easy and no matter what day I went the park never felt "too" crowded, probably because we didn't stand in line for the slides.

I was wondering if anyone has been to both and can tell me which they liked better and why.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 01:32 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Wet N wild all the way! Aquatica just seems to overpriced for what it offers, it is still a good park though. To me I can have just as much fun if not more at WNW for a cheaper price. The park is extremely small so there shouldn't be a problem Navigating it, That being said there are still tons of rides. The one thing you might not like is that there is a lot less Families at WNW as there is at Aquatica. There are tons of high school teens everywhere, but there are still some families. Whenever I got to WNW i never have a problem with parking, But I guess that depends as it is in the heart of tourist haven.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:08 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
I would definitely choose Aquatica for a family and your situations. Wet'n'Wild is great for people who like slides and don't care about atmosphere/theming... basically your average high school student. If you go here, you will notice this is their main demographic. Aquatica is less crowded, has nice landscaping, a pretty good theme, and more attractions for people who aren't slide fanatics.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:45 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
Aquatica is much nicer as it's much newer and has good slides and attractions like the Roas Rapids fast lazy river.As was mentioned Wet n Wild is older with more concrete and less theming,it does however have a good selection of innovative slides.You'll definitely see more young kids and young adults by themselves at Wet n Wild when compared to Aquatica.How much is the Wet n Wild pass?Other waterparks you could consider are the two Disney waterparks Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach,the waterpark annual pass that includes BOTH of these parks is $99,which is a pretty good deal in my opinion.I enjoy all 4 parks but the two Disney parks and Aquatica are more geared to families and have way better theming.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:34 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
I think the best advice is try Wet N Wild out with the family once and see how you like it. Then buy the pass to the park your kids like best. We always have lot of fun at WW and this year they opened a new kids part. Blastaway Beach which is supposed to be the largest kids play area in any of the water parks now. It is sort of secluded from the big slide area where the teens hang out and only has 1 way in and out. $55 for a whole year is a great deal.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:36 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
We're gonna try the wet and wild one day thing if we like it we'll upgrade to the annual pass. Looking at the pictures my gut is telling me I'm not gonna like it as much as I like Aquatica (mostly for the exact reasons you guys listed here) but I'm sure my son will enjoy either so we'll try it out.

Thanks for all the feedback
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando