Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:44 AM

565 posts, read 1,254,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bev osborn View Post
For me,and I have lived in 7 states,it was ABSOLUTELY THE WORST PLACE TO BE and I left,gratefully,on a Greyhound bus,6 sweaty,hot, humid,miserable jobless months later.Haleluyah and amen.
Good riddance. Have a happy life elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 11:59 AM

29 posts, read 49,084 times
LOL, I think because people dont like the cold.
I, like others who have commented, haved lived here all my life. Been involved in exactly 1 bad hurricane even though I lived in a beach town and have been a victim of crime once- someone stole the radio out my Geo Storm when I wad in college. I've actually never had a problem getting a job (although thats more an issue of circumstance) and have little desire to live elsewhere. My experience hasnt been the least bit gutter-like.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:42 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,055 times
Ghostrider - I lived in Phoenix for years when I was a youngster. Hated it. I'm not a 'dry' person, I guess. My sister still lives there and loves it, except for July and August when she goes to the Coast.

I'm moving to Orlando because I can't afford Southern California....

Old 07-18-2013, 07:08 AM

69 posts, read 139,359 times
I have lived on Cape Cod MA, Central Missouri, and Florida twice so far. I plan to make a 3rd move to FL at my earliest convenience. Florida is a great place to live if you have just a little street smarts, and you dont move into the wrong area. That concept holds true for any state, any city.

Having done it a couple times already, I would probably try to find a smaller quieter section of Florida coast if possible.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:32 AM

407 posts, read 1,074,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMac1981 View Post
I have lived on Cape Cod MA, Central Missouri, and Florida twice so far. I plan to make a 3rd move to FL at my earliest convenience. Florida is a great place to live if you have just a little street smarts, and you dont move into the wrong area. That concept holds true for any state, any city.

Having done it a couple times already, I would probably try to find a smaller quieter section of Florida coast if possible.
Good grief!!! My hat's off to you. We're readying ourselves to move and I HATE moving!!!! I'll be glad to be back home, but in the meantime, this sucks!!!!

Old 07-18-2013, 07:35 AM

69 posts, read 139,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by touretteboy65 View Post
Good grief!!! My hat's off to you. We're readying ourselves to move and I HATE moving!!!! I'll be glad to be back home, but in the meantime, this sucks!!!!
What is "Home"? Where are you currently?

Old 07-20-2013, 09:13 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Why Move?

One less Yankee, is good to me!

You got to want to Move in the first place. Besides you will complain every day you are in Florida. Besides New England is not a bad place to live.
OK Tax He--and too many libs, I can understand that . but its actually nice in Ma away from Boston.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:38 PM

591 posts, read 821,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
One less Yankee, is good to me!
Just to let you know, no one in Arizona uses the term "Yankee." No one.

So, please, before you embarrass yourself any further, take that "Yankee" baloney back to the swamp or holler you crawled out of.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:07 AM

452 posts, read 709,831 times
I'm 5th generation Cracker. My great grandfather was the first mayor of South Bay (after the '29 Hurricane on Lk Okeechobee). I, like everyone else in my family, was born in the Miami Hospital (from Homestead).

You're right. This state has been stripped of it's glory, the water is now contaminated, people are sellouts because they're not loyal to the state. I blame it on central ac. My whole life we heard "HOW can anyone live in Florida??? It's too hot and too many mosquitoes". My reaction? Go away!

So, now that my beautiful state has been ruined, I'm moving to the Appalachians to my mother's great grandfather's home. 60 miles from the first paved road.

I wish they'd go back to whatever liberal state they came from and leave us hicks to ourselves, but since it's either yankees or illegals, we're moving and never looking back.

The game is gone, the beaches destroyed, even the air doesn't flow across the state because of high rises built the length of both coasts.

The glades are overrun by reptiles that idiots brought in and either lost or turned loose, the gators have competition now, so the balance is off and getting worse every year.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:29 AM

565 posts, read 1,254,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaC View Post
The game is gone, the beaches destroyed, even the air doesn't flow across the state because of high rises built the length of both coasts.
Does hyperbole get any better than this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando