Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 08:58 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine18102 View Post
I loved the 4 days that i was in kissimmee flordia. I loved the weather, mgm studios, the tower of terror, gatorland, the supersoap weekend, seeing all the stars, The motel, and the food. I want to move there. Is this a good idea?
No. You are moving for all the wrong reasons. Don't pack up and move to a place you know nothing about after spending a total fo four days there. The stars aren't normally here, the weather isn't always great, and it's not just about being on vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 11:02 AM

113 posts, read 309,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Seminole Co. Middle School Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With Student - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando (http://www.local6.com/news/14736073/detail.html - broken link)

Another story to prove that alot of women can't find a good man to make them happy....I wonder what the attraction to a 14 year old was for her in this story....LOL
. that is sick. what could a 14 year old boy give to her. I have a 14 year old son and a 16 year old daughter and i would pity the person who would do something wrong to either one of them. I wonder what his mom would think of her. Moms are like bears. Hurt one of their cubs and see what would happen.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:17 AM

Default moving for all the right reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
No. You are moving for all the wrong reasons. Don't pack up and move to a place you know nothing about after spending a total fo four days there. The stars aren't normally here, the weather isn't always great, and it's not just about being on vacation.
. The weather is the reason i want to move there. It is cold here. 20, 10, 15 ect. I have problems in the cold. I know that the stars are not there all the time but i like the parks still. We have alot of killings, drugs and crime where i live at. it could not be worst then where i live at now. There are 3 to 4 killings aweek and alot of robbings and drugs deals going on. Alot of people are coimg from bigger cities. we have 104,00 people living here. I grew up in a town of 3,000 people. It was a small town and nice. I can handlle the 70's and 60's in the winter. Maybe 40 and 50 but not 23. I get crumpy in the winter.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:08 PM

2 posts, read 4,726 times
Default Armory

I'm trying to find a national guard armory in or near Orlando.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:17 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Distant Thunder (great screen name)

You could probably find more specifics but checking out this link:
DMA - DMA Site Directory

Old 01-17-2009, 06:32 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
. The weather is the reason i want to move there. It is cold here. 20, 10, 15 ect. I have problems in the cold. I know that the stars are not there all the time but i like the parks still. We have alot of killings, drugs and crime where i live at. it could not be worst then where i live at now. There are 3 to 4 killings aweek and alot of robbings and drugs deals going on. Alot of people are coimg from bigger cities. we have 104,00 people living here. I grew up in a town of 3,000 people. It was a small town and nice. I can handlle the 70's and 60's in the winter. Maybe 40 and 50 but not 23. I get crumpy in the winter.
Probably a good majority of people move to Florida because of the weather. However, some happen to forget those hurricane months.

If you are serious about moving, just do a lot of research ahead of time. Orlando has it's wonderful points and the theme park areas are beautiful, but living in reality in Orlando isn't always 'magical'. We certainly have our own fair share of crime and currently....a very less than exciting job market.

At the same time, I moved here a few months ago from north Florida and haven't regretted it a bit. There ARE jobs, the cost of living is great and for the most part the local people are some of the nicest I've ever met.

Read around on here to get some idea as to what jobs are available, the general atmosphere and the housing costs:

Orlando news, information, weather, hurricane coverage, sports, entertainment, shopping, restaurants, real estate, jobs, business, classifieds -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 PM

21 posts, read 68,028 times
earthfaries, I am glad you are happy.

My husband and I decided in March of 2008 to move our family to central Florida. I have done all the research and have been there several times. The last trip was in Aug. last year to scout the areas of central Florida. Our goal was Jan. 2009, but because of the ecomony I am not sure if we will have jobs to survive, so we put it off. I am a certified medical assistant and my husband works for a furniture company here. We are not going to try to sell our home but rent it out and rent there.

We are hoping that by the end of the summer we can make that transition. I do not like the idea of being stuck in Detroit Michigan at all.

It is very cold and I just think of the palm trees and have a tropical screen saver on my computer to help me through.

Enjoy your new home.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:18 AM

I have a 14 year old son and if a teacher ever had sex with him. I would sue her and the school forALot of money. She should go after men her own age. why a 14 year old BOY. There is something wrong with this boy too. He was not raised right or did she rape him at gun point. All he had to say was no. Maybe he thought it would be cool to go to bed with his teacher and be the big man in school. Blame should be on the teacher, school, the boy and his parents. The schools should teach classes in how to be a good person and what to do if anyone wants to have sex with you and it is wrong.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 AM

62 posts, read 263,629 times
Quote:
I have a 14 year old son and if a teacher ever had sex with him. I would sue her and the school forALot of money. She should go after men her own age. why a 14 year old BOY. There is something wrong with this boy too. He was not raised right or did she rape him at gun point. All he had to say was no. Maybe he thought it would be cool to go to bed with his teacher and be the big man in school. Blame should be on the teacher, school, the boy and his parents. The schools should teach classes in how to be a good person and what to do if anyone wants to have sex with you and it is wrong.
Suing her is one thing, but suing the school is a bad idea. The Florida school system is one of the most underfunded in our country and you'd want to take even MORE money away from them?

I have a couple friends who are teachers in Orlando and they're all quitting soon because they are underpaid, haven't gotten a raise in 2 years and have to buy a lot of their own supplies to teach the kids. Awesome!

Old 02-02-2009, 04:15 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinDonor View Post
Suing her is one thing, but suing the school is a bad idea. The Florida school system is one of the most underfunded in our country and you'd want to take even MORE money away from them?

I have a couple friends who are teachers in Orlando and they're all quitting soon because they are underpaid, haven't gotten a raise in 2 years and have to buy a lot of their own supplies to teach the kids. Awesome!
If there were not adequate screening and/or training of that teacher, you bet your sweet bippie I would sue the school! It's the only way to prevent it from happening again to another child, which is the better of the two choices. Sueing the teacher, of course, is a given. Not that she would have anything...she has no morals or values, so I am certain she has nothing to sue for either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando