Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 07:07 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,753,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I think the biggest problem it has is trying to diversify itself from Millenia, which is right around the corner, the outlet malls, which are right across the street, and Florida Mall, which is right up the road.
And that's the problem and the main reason I believe Festival Bay failed. There are too many shopping venues in that little area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 07:44 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridamove View Post
Attachment 155177 Wow what a place. Just walking around the area is enough too. Also went to icebar recommended by someone here. Thanks
It IS extremely beautiful.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:59 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,530,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
The north end would need a huge influx of nice new hotels,restaurants and attractions along with some street enhancements and improvements for it to significantly improve.Just compare the street itself south of Sand lake and north of Sand lake,north of Sand lake its super narrow,no medians and very few trees,that alone will never compare to the strip south of Sand lake.On the north end even the properties themselves are just more crammed into their lots.It's amazing the difference of how much better everything looks when you have more space and nice landscaping,even the businesses seem to suffer more on the north end,there are several hotels and businesses that if it were up to me would have a date with the wrecking ball.Didn't the Wyndham on the SE corner of I-Drive and Sand Lake tear down part of their hotel to build some of the new restaurants going up alongside the Orlando eye,kinda the same thing needs to happen on the north end,somebody with money needs to come in and redevelop the area,the Skyscraper project is a good start.
The night I was on I Drive it was definitely south of Sandlake Rd. We actually took Sandlake to get to I Drive and once we made that right thats when it was like a whole different world. I didnt get a really good look at everything, I was mostly people (read women) watching. Checking out the scene. Im not exactly sure where the action ends on the south end, but Sandlake is definitely the Welcome Mat of the I Drive corridor from what I saw when I was there.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:30 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,753,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
The night I was on I Drive it was definitely south of Sandlake Rd. We actually took Sandlake to get to I Drive and once we made that right thats when it was like a whole different world. I didnt get a really good look at everything, I was mostly people (read women) watching. Checking out the scene. Im not exactly sure where the action ends on the south end, but Sandlake is definitely the Welcome Mat of the I Drive corridor from what I saw when I was there.
I-Drive south of Sand Lake is the prettier and newer side of I-Drive. The action ends a little south of the Convention Center with Sea World being pretty much the absolute end of the attractions. However, there is still a lot of undeveloped land on "International Drive South." I'm sure that'll be gobbled up as the economy improves.

I don't go down I-Drive much, but it's amazing that every time I go there, there's always something new or something in the works.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:23 AM

1,284 posts, read 3,899,382 times
I take I-Drive south to 536 to go between I-Drive and Disney all the time,south of the convention center you have Sea World,Aquatica and Discovery Cove,south of those you have a few more hotels,a good amount of time share resorts with some golf courses,some apartments,restaurants.Then you come to the area around the Premium outlets which has a good amount of restaurants and a Publix,from there to 536 you'll see undeveloped areas,once you turn right on 536 you have the Caribe Royale and the Buena Vista suites,you keep going straight you're in Disney property in less than 5 minutes.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:40 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,530,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo555 View Post
What needs to happen is to fix the traffic nightmare along I-Drive.
Some of that could be fixed with elevated mass transit in well planned locations. You are right traffic in the I Drive District definitely needs a 2nd look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: