Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 08:01 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
8.1 on the U3 rate - what's the U6 rate ?
I dont know. why dont u tell me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 08:03 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I dont know. why dont u tell me.
No, you live there and you don't know ?????

Old 01-07-2015, 08:43 AM

434 posts, read 530,699 times
Quote:
As of 9/14 it was 8.1. Plenty of jobs are available here if u have skills and training.
That's terrible in this economy. The US rate is under 6, and Hillsborough County, the hub of the same metro Hernando County is in, is at like 5.5 or 5.6.

Quote:
Think about it. Hernando is a rural county. It takes a certain desire to be here instead of being squeezed into the cities. What is "undesireable" to you may be nirvana to someone else.
Maybe you can explain then why all of humanity has been fleeing these supposedly superior rural areas for centuries?

Old 01-07-2015, 09:05 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
I'd much rather live in rural Pasco than in the middle of a large city too, SH.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:30 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone Guy View Post
We've lived here for a while now and we've grown very bored of Orlando and the surrounding areas.

We've got 2 kids and a 3rd on the way.... how many times can you go to the theme parks before you just pull your hair out.

Are we missing something....

Looking at moving out to California where there seems to be non stop things to do for families, adults and kids alike.

Any thoughts?
I haven't paid attention to this thread, so I apologize ahead of time if this seems out of nowhere lol.

I used to live in Orlando, still have the house there (Dr. Phillips) and I currently live in California (San Francisco).

May I ask what makes California seem like non-stop things to do that couldn't be done in Florida? I think California has a lot more options for adults. However, when it comes to families, I think Florida has a lot more to offer besides theme parks.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:07 AM

108 posts, read 125,532 times
Hi,

Let me give you my opinion. 42 years born & raised in Southern California, Newport Beach… 3 years living in San Francisco, Lower Pacific Heights, right in the city. 1 year living in Orlando…

I love CA like no other person you'll talk with. I also really dislike living here in Orlando…

What do you think you'll find in CA? I know that answer… it's too long to type out. Do you have money, it'll cost you!

Maybe a better question is what do you want to do with your family that your unable to do so far?

Old 01-09-2015, 09:23 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I haven't paid attention to this thread, so I apologize ahead of time if this seems out of nowhere lol.

I used to live in Orlando, still have the house there (Dr. Phillips) and I currently live in California (San Francisco).

May I ask what makes California seem like non-stop things to do that couldn't be done in Florida? I think California has a lot more options for adults. However, when it comes to families, I think Florida has a lot more to offer besides theme parks.

I think that a lot of people who complain about lack of things to do in Orlando just haven't actually explored the city.
Just like there's much more to NYC than 5th Ave, Times Square and the Empire State Building, Orlando has MUCH more than theme parks. If anything, THAT side of Orlando gets tedious.

I used to be one to complain about Orlando. That was, actually, until I got kids, and decided to joy ride around town with them. In no time, we discovered just how much there is to do here.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:28 AM

110 posts, read 141,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I think that a lot of people who complain about lack of things to do in Orlando just haven't actually explored the city.
Just like there's much more to NYC than 5th Ave, Times Square and the Empire State Building, Orlando has MUCH more than theme parks. If anything, THAT side of Orlando gets tedious.

I used to be one to complain about Orlando. That was, actually, until I got kids, and decided to joy ride around town with them. In no time, we discovered just how much there is to do here.
If you're an adult who values museums/theatre, Orlando gets boring in a heartbeat.

It's a vicious cycle - the people who value such things move to big cities. Then Orlando is left without people who value such things, and the theatres/museums don't improve.

I left Orlando eleven years ago. It's gotten worse as far as nightlife/theatre/museums go.

There really isn't much to do in Orlando that cannot be explored in a a few weekends if you like adult activities.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:37 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone Guy View Post
We've lived here for a while now and we've grown very bored of Orlando and the surrounding areas.

We've got 2 kids and a 3rd on the way.... how many times can you go to the theme parks before you just pull your hair out.

Are we missing something....

Looking at moving out to California where there seems to be non stop things to do for families, adults and kids alike.

Any thoughts?
I can't stand visiting the place, couldn't imagine living there.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:47 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingatall View Post
If you're an adult who values museums/theatre, Orlando gets boring in a heartbeat.

It's a vicious cycle - the people who value such things move to big cities. Then Orlando is left without people who value such things, and the theatres/museums don't improve.

I left Orlando eleven years ago. It's gotten worse as far as nightlife/theatre/museums go.

There really isn't much to do in Orlando that cannot be explored in a a few weekends if you like adult activities.
While I agree with you on the theatre/museum part, I'll have to disagree with the nightlife.
It isn't anything like certain places I'm used to (Montreal, NYC) but it does pretty well on its own. Downtown is more than decent. I-Drive is always hopping. City-Walk is decent...
The city is far more vibrant and alive at night than it was 10 years ago when I first moved here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando