Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2008, 06:47 PM

8 posts, read 20,667 times

Advertisements

Hi,
The family and I are looking at homes in Winter Springs, we have already looked at around 17 homes, I was needing some information, is the house market still going down, leveled off or is in starting to go back up? could someone please me out in this area. Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 07:46 PM

45 posts, read 161,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by procelltp1 View Post
Hi,
The family and I are looking at homes in Winter Springs, we have already looked at around 17 homes, I was needing some information, is the house market still going down, leveled off or is in starting to go back up? could someone please me out in this area. Thank You.
The market is awful and will continue to go down. Hopefully rates will come back down soon to help people who are still looking or able to buy.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:00 PM

8 posts, read 20,667 times
Thanks for the information, I am looking in Winding Hollow & Parkstone, I am going to buy a home soon! so if you know of anyone selling please me pm back. Thanks

Old 02-28-2008, 08:09 PM

45 posts, read 161,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by procelltp1 View Post
Thanks for the information, I am looking in Winding Hollow & Parkstone, I am going to buy a home soon! so if you know of anyone selling please me pm back. Thanks
I was just down looking also. We did find a house. If you need a realtor pm me and I will give you the one we used. She was great and did a good job, showed us what we wanted and worked very hard plus friendly, she even picked us up at the airport. You don't find that to much anymore. In any case good luck, we have 45 days to get our house in Md. under contract or our deal falls apart and we will be looking again so we will see. Hopefully it works out.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:31 AM

2 posts, read 6,854 times
Post starting to look

Micheal C
We are from MD too, looking for a home, what city did you end up choosing to purchase your home?

Old 03-03-2008, 08:26 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,146,685 times
Market in and around orlando is still out of balance and has a high likelyhood of seeing further price reductions. If purchasing now, make sure you buy the home you can stay in for several years without fear of having to sell within the next 4-5 years. And make sure you have a professional that can negotiate well on your behalf.

Did a quick search and found 22 homes for sale in those two neighborhoods, so looks like you've already seen just about all of them!

Winter Springs is a great area though, for families, schools, parks, shopping and less traffic than most other parts of CFL. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy your new home!

Last edited by GregTraub; 03-03-2008 at 08:35 AM..

Old 03-07-2008, 01:59 AM

14 posts, read 48,416 times
If you are not in a rush you may wish to buy a short sale property. There are some good deals to be had on short sale properties if you have a good agent negotiating with the lender. If you can buy under market then you will have some equity cushion as the market comes down. You can also try a foreclosure but short sale homes in nice areas tend to be in better shape then a foreclosure.

Last edited by Keeper; 03-07-2008 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: can't advertise your house is for sale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: