Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2008, 12:32 PM

530 posts, read 2,625,071 times

Advertisements

Hello All, I have some family members that are moving from Marietta,GA to Windemere,Fl specifically Keenes Pointe. Can any of you tell me about the area. How are the schools? Any crime in the immediate area? Etc. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 04:01 PM

152 posts, read 622,694 times
Keenes Point is okay but some of the homes build quality is questionable. The custom homes are okay though. There are probably nicer communities in Windermere but the homes may be older and they may not be gated if this is important to your family members.
The high school is West Orange, I believe it is better to be in the district for Olympia High but I do not have children, this is just from friends who do.
Personally I find alot of the homes in there overpriced and there are an awful lot of them for sale in Keenes Point in particular.
As for crime I live in Bay Hill and cannot say we have been affected in anyway by it but do not know about Windermere.
It is a great area though especially if you like boating, the lakes are lovely just choose your area carefully. There is no rush..homes are not flying off the shelves

Old 03-11-2008, 09:37 AM

530 posts, read 2,625,071 times
Thanks for your help!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:20 PM

24 posts, read 133,142 times
Keenes Pointe is very unique neighborhood. I strongly applaude your family member for choosing Keenes Pointe. Moderator cut: comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micktooth View Post
Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Keeper; 03-18-2008 at 06:33 AM.. Reason: no contact me messages please

Old 03-11-2008, 03:40 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,145,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy02 View Post
Keenes Point is okay but some of the homes build quality is questionable. The custom homes are okay though. There are probably nicer communities in Windermere but the homes may be older and they may not be gated if this is important to your family members.
The high school is West Orange, I believe it is better to be in the district for Olympia High but I do not have children, this is just from friends who do.
Personally I find alot of the homes in there overpriced and there are an awful lot of them for sale in Keenes Point in particular.
As for crime I live in Bay Hill and cannot say we have been affected in anyway by it but do not know about Windermere.
It is a great area though especially if you like boating, the lakes are lovely just choose your area carefully. There is no rush..homes are not flying off the shelves
Great info by Diddy.

To double check what schools serve any address check them here: https://www.ocps.net/Pages/default.aspx
To look up school stats and grades: School Accountability Report
And another good website for school research: GreatSchools.net

Old 03-16-2008, 03:13 PM

6 posts, read 30,871 times
Keene's point can be a wonderful neighborhood. It is a very large golf course communitly. There is an area of "track" builder homes and there are a large number of custom homes well into millions of dollars. They are currently zoned for WOH, which is not my high school of choice. The crime is very low. I am sure there is no such thing as crime free, but Keene's Pointe is a gaurd gated community with many high end communities immediately surrounding it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando