Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 05:06 PM

120 posts, read 72,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Oakridge is way better for kids.

It's only a ten minute walk for them then they are on international drive, one of the biggest tourist destinations in Florida. An entertainment district with never ending things for kids and adults of all ages to do.

Can you imagine being a ten year old and living some where so fun? After school walking to this super fun place?

Those poor Isleworth kids are stuck riding their bikes in circles going no where, hiding from pedos and playing video games.

So boring.

If I was a kid I would love to live in oak ridge for the I drive situation etc.
So fun!

Those kids have options, choices, of many different things they can do.

And I don't know why you pansies are so scared of Oakridge anyhow. When ever I go there all I see is elderly white people mostly. Ya know at bar harbor sea food.

The place is always packed with tons and tons of old white people.

They aren't scared of Oakridge so I think it's really sad that you are.

It's really unmasculine too.

Especially since the little old white ladies are cool with it.

Last edited by Brinley; 12-09-2017 at 06:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 07:20 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinley View Post
Oakridge is way better for kids.

It's only a ten minute walk for them then they are on international drive, one of the biggest tourist destinations in Florida. An entertainment district with never ending things for kids and adults of all ages to do.

Can you imagine being a ten year old and living some where so fun? After school walking to this super fun place?

Those poor Isleworth kids are stuck riding their bikes in circles going no where, hiding from pedos and playing video games.

So boring.

If I was a kid I would love to live in oak ridge for the I drive situation etc.
So fun!

Those kids have options, choices, of many different things they can do.

And I don't know why you pansies are so scared of Oakridge anyhow. When ever I go there all I see is elderly white people mostly. Ya know at bar harbor sea food.

The place is always packed with tons and tons of old white people.

They aren't scared of Oakridge so I think it's really sad that you are.

It's really unmasculine too.

Especially since the little old white ladies are cool with it.

The tr0ll has returned from his bancation! lol

Old 12-09-2017, 07:39 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinley View Post

And you also never have an intelligent response to anything. .
Oh the irony...

Old 12-11-2017, 10:24 AM

617 posts, read 832,856 times
Yes I'd much rather have my kids exposed to drugs, crime, violence, and prostitution out in the open in OakRidge instead of the nice upscale family friendly areas around Dr. Phillips and Windermere. Sign me up to live among the crackheads!

Old 12-11-2017, 02:26 PM

17,200 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownKnight View Post
Yes I'd much rather have my kids exposed to drugs, crime, violence, and prostitution out in the open in OakRidge instead of the nice upscale family friendly areas around Dr. Phillips and Windermere. Sign me up to live among the crackheads!
Regardless of its close proximity, anyone who would consider allowing their 10 year old kid to walk to I-Drive from Oak Ridge needs to be evaluated. I doubt that Brinley's last post was serious, and believe it was written simply to trigger some folks here. Nothing about that post made sense. Mentioned that they only see elderly white women there, but then in an earlier post claimed the place was full of Haitians and that they loved that about it.
Then brings up Bar Harbor as the place he/she frequents. So because Bar Harbor is a nice store the area around it must be nice?

As for these "old people" Oak Ridge has a population of 95% under 65. Hardly a retirement destination full of "old white ladies."

Just for fun: Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

And this isn't including the heavy occurrences of drug transactions, usage, hookers, etc., all who are very visible.

But yeah, live there so my ten year old can easily walk to Fun Spot after school so he doesn't get bored riding his bike or playing ball with friends in Windermere.

Last edited by Yac; 09-07-2018 at 03:18 AM..

Old 12-11-2017, 09:05 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I doubt that Brinley's last post was serious, and believe it was written simply to trigger some folks here. Nothing about that post made sense. .
Read his prior posts....either delusional or a troll

Old 12-13-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
The tr0ll has returned from his bancation! lol
And the dude with multiple personality disorder never left because he lives here. Lol

And, no. Was not banned. Just got my (.) It's the only time I really come around.

Lol

Again, nothing intelligent to say. You can't win an argument to save your life lol

Last edited by Brinley; 12-13-2017 at 03:23 PM..

Old 12-13-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Oh the irony...
And here is BMW again showing his alter ego chop chop.
Wow your personality changes are hardcore.
Only took you minutes to morph into your alter ego this time.

Lol

Old 12-13-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownKnight View Post
So how come parents of young children don't all move out of NYC, Paris, etc where their kids can see all kinds of crimes happening out in the open?
Because they teach their kids to be street smart. There is a trade off to living some place where there is lots of things to do as opposed to a place where there is nothing to do. And those kids all turn out smarter because they were exposed to more growing up.

I don't see drug deals being made, crimes committed, or prostitutes turning tricks in the open when I'm in Oakridge. I just see old white people looking for cheap seafood. You seem very over dramatic.

But I have seen hubcaps being stolen off of cars in the Bronx out in the open, etc.
My parents took me there a few times a year growing up to go to the Bronx zoo. Because what good parents wouldn't take their kids to one of the most iconic zoos in America?

Too bad you didn't have good parents. If you did you would have had more life experiences and wouldn't fear places like Oakridge when there is no crime there compared to the Bronx. Too bad your parents didn't educate you how to be street smart so that you are only comfortable in dullsville places.

P.S

You know your kids are going to grow up to get mugged, raped, etc when they venture off into a "bad" area when they are teens/ young adults because you have sheltered them too much and they wont have the skills to handle themselves and stay safe in any type of neighborhood. Dangerous people can read on people's faces if they are street smart or not. If your kids seem uncomfortable or shocked by their environment and what's going on there they are just easy targets for crimes. Not exposing them to areas like that and getting them comfortable in situations like that just makes them future crime victims. It also doesn't help that you as a parent fear certain areas because that means your kids will fear them too then get jumped when they accidentally walk down the "wrong" street.

Good luck to you raising sheltered pansy kids.

Spend some time out of your comfort zone. Acquire some street smarts. Teach them to your kids so they don't end up dead in a gutter because you sheltered them.

You are going to have boring and uninteresting kids.

Dr. Philips is full of white trash trying to pretend that they are not and they fool no one. The trashiest people I have encountered live there. Why on earth would you think it's a good place?

And I lived in Windermere for a little while years ago and it was awful. There is nothing there.

Last edited by Brinley; 12-13-2017 at 03:43 PM..

Old 12-13-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Regardless of its close proximity, anyone who would consider allowing their 10 year old kid to walk to I-Drive from Oak Ridge needs to be evaluated. I doubt that Brinley's last post was serious, and believe it was written simply to trigger some folks here. Nothing about that post made sense. Mentioned that they only see elderly white women there, but then in an earlier post claimed the place was full of Haitians and that they loved that about it.
Then brings up Bar Harbor as the place he/she frequents. So because Bar Harbor is a nice store the area around it must be nice?

As for these "old people" Oak Ridge has a population of 95% under 65. Hardly a retirement destination full of "old white ladies."

Just for fun: Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

And this isn't including the heavy occurrences of drug transactions, usage, hookers, etc., all who are very visible.

But yeah, live there so my ten year old can easily walk to Fun Spot after school so he doesn't get bored riding his bike or playing ball with friends in Windermere.

We were raised differently. My parents taught me to be street smart. The first time I rode the subway by myself I was eight years old. So yes, my parents would let me walk down the street with a group of classmates after school from Oakridge to I- drive.

And I said that the ghetto area by millenia, meaning timber scan, was full of Haitians.
Timberscan and Oakridge are two different areas.

And the old white people are obviously snow birds (probably New Yorkers) that think nothing of going to Oakridge to have some cheap sea food.

Ya know, if you were able to follow along better it would be easier for you to understand instead of getting so confused and thinking my Haitian/ and old white people comments don't make sense.

P.S if oakridge is supposedly so dangerous that's good news. That means that overall Orlando is a pretty safe city compared to other places in America. Because I have been to some scary places and Oakridge definately is not one of them.

P.P.S you are living where you are because you like it. Not because you think it's the place your kid will like the most. There are less kids there. Your kid will be limited when selecting friends because there is a much smaller pool to pick from. And yes, your kid would have way more fun on I drive then riding his/ her bike to no where. So boring. Your kid is going to be a boring and uninteresting person.

What else can your kid do there besides ride his/ her bike and play ball? Because the Oakridge kids can do that too plus a trillion other things. It would suck to be your kid.
At least my parents balanced it out. Nice areas, ghetto areas. I was exposed to everything. That's why I know more.

Last edited by Yac; 09-07-2018 at 03:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando