Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:38 PM

986 posts, read 3,551,072 times

Advertisements

I have been saying the same things for ages about Celebration and have been bashed so many times....lol For the amount of money you pay for the home, many of the builders didnt put a high level of quality which is illustrated by a number of these posts. Also the High taxes and costs associated with living in the town Disney built and yet IMHO the areas isnt maintained well. Sidewalks falling apart, i have heard of so many people tripping on broken sidewalks. Downtown is gorgeous, but that is the only area well maintained because that is basically the face of the town where the majority of people will see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 06:41 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,150,500 times
It has been sometime since I was down in Celebration myself (probably about 6-8 months), but I have always loved it there. The homes are very nice but the area directly outside of Celebration is not very nice and overly trafficked. I have not really noticed that the town is unkept by looking at the homes or streets, however they are definitely overpriced for what you are getting and how far you are from the city center in Orlando. If you have that type of money to buy a home, you will probably be much better off buying into a nice area of Dr Phillips/Winter Garden/Windermere and still be within the same commute distance of Celebration to a job at the mouse or wherever you commute to living that far south.

Something I always think about is what neighborhood do you have to drive to for a gas station, grocery store, your favorite restaurants, your bank, etc. In a lot of instances the Publix, Target, restaurants, etc. are going to be a lot nicer in the neighborhoods myself and others have mentioned than Kissimmee where you would be doing all of your shopping. This is all something to consider when you pay that much for a home and how many factors and amenities go into shaping your overall wellbeing and quality of life.

I will have to check it out sometime soon when there is no special event going on to see if I can determine if they are letting things go too. While I have never gotten that impression, I believe that it is overpriced.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:20 AM

I agree with everything you have said. What i would recommend is go to the downtown area and check it out, then take a walk around areas like South Village, North Village and check out things like the side walks etc. You will be amazed. I have to say since Disney left the place has gone down hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
It has been sometime since I was down in Celebration myself (probably about 6-8 months), but I have always loved it there. The homes are very nice but the area directly outside of Celebration is not very nice and overly trafficked. I have not really noticed that the town is unkept by looking at the homes or streets, however they are definitely overpriced for what you are getting and how far you are from the city center in Orlando. If you have that type of money to buy a home, you will probably be much better off buying into a nice area of Dr Phillips/Winter Garden/Windermere and still be within the same commute distance of Celebration to a job at the mouse or wherever you commute to living that far south.

Something I always think about is what neighborhood do you have to drive to for a gas station, grocery store, your favorite restaurants, your bank, etc. In a lot of instances the Publix, Target, restaurants, etc. are going to be a lot nicer in the neighborhoods myself and others have mentioned than Kissimmee where you would be doing all of your shopping. This is all something to consider when you pay that much for a home and how many factors and amenities go into shaping your overall wellbeing and quality of life.

I will have to check it out sometime soon when there is no special event going on to see if I can determine if they are letting things go too. While I have never gotten that impression, I believe that it is overpriced.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:37 AM

I will keep that in mind. Everytime I have gone down, I just drive around, probably in circles. I have GPS now, so that should help me see all the different areas of Celebration.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:17 AM

i would strongly recommend actually getting out of the car when you get to the various areas and walking around and you will see what i mean. For instance Siena, i cant even count how many broken sidewalks they have and what they have done is spray painted them red to warn people. That paint has been down for the best part of 2 years now and still havent been repaired....lol

Old 07-09-2008, 09:18 AM

Yeah, that sounds pretty bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando