Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 11:40 AM

12 posts, read 14,271 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will soon be buying a town home in Sanford in the next 2-3 months. We are looking at several specific communities that have certain amenities we desire and I wonder if anyone has any feedback on any of these. Either with regard to personal experience or with the builder in general.

We toured several communities and have ruled out several due either to distance, floor plans, or other reasons. We've narrowed our choices down to these three:

Riverview (M/I Homes)

Reserve at Loch Lake (Mattamy Homes)

Terracina (Taylor Morrison)

I realize Riverview is a step below the other two on the luxury scale and is likewise priced a little lower. All of these have some combination of amenities or features that we like. Although Riverview is less expensive, it has the con of being right next to the SunRail station.

I hope this question is not too specific, but I hope someone on this forum can provide a little inside information or insight into one or more of these communities.

Thanks so much for any help any of you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 04:02 PM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
Actually for many Riverview's proximity to SunRail is a pro and in any other city with mass transit would be considered prime real estate. All in all however Terracina would be my vote given it's desirable location and potential return on investment.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:07 PM

12 posts, read 14,271 times
Thanks, Kyle. I've lurked on these boards for a while and hoped you would weigh in...I know you have a detailed knowledge of the area based on a lot of your comments assisting other posters.

As far as being the near Sunrail being a con for Riverview, I mainly meant that the view from the second floor of the town homes bordering the station is less than desirable, and the potential for noise if evenings runnings ever become a fulltime reality for Sunrail.

All in all, though, it's not a dealbreaker. I am still seriously considering Riverview. However my wife works from home and I would never need to ride Sunrail to work, so it's less of a perk to us. But I understand that this may hold value once we decide to sell one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando