Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 08:33 AM

167 posts, read 409,571 times

Advertisements

For some reason the thing that irritates me the most is the lack of using turn signals. Another one of my Orlando favorites is the "rolling right turn" through a stop sign or a red light. I make FULL stops and get blasted with a horn from the guy behind me. I also like when i'm being tail-gated when i'm already doing 10 over the speed limit. I give the tail-gater a chance.....if he backs off after a while good. If he continues to flip me off, tail-gate, and swerve I slow down another 5 miles per hour! I'm not even talking about the fast lane either!

Old 12-22-2009, 08:37 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
Any insight as to why Florida laws are so lax on the no license/no insurance thing?
Florida's laws on a license and insurance actually are not lax, its ENFORCEMENT that is lax!

At least as far as insurance goes the law is not lax. You have to carry at the very least PIP (personal injury protection) with a $10,000 minimum. If you cancel this and still have a car, the insurance company is required to alert the DMV and your license is suspended and remains so until you either sell your car, or get new insurance

My mom didnt know this so naturally she was the one who got pulled over and chewed out by a cop over it.

Not having insurance would save me so much money ($235 a month to be exact) but I know the minute I cancel my insurance a cop will pull me over and either give me a huge fine or arrest me. And if that doesnt happen I will live in fear of being pulled over for something and then the cop finding out

Old 12-22-2009, 08:42 AM

429 posts, read 1,104,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Of course it's not just in Orlando. It's also going to occur in the cities where all the bad drivers came from. Once so many people move here from thoe places, it just turns into the same place they left.
its more or less people... and people being idiots... not where they are from since you can see it in so many cities. So basically this should be a thread called "Rules of the Road - Drivers and Pedestrians - A Test" and it should be in a general forum.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:43 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learflyer View Post
For some reason the thing that irritates me the most is the lack of using turn signals. Another one of my Orlando favorites is the "rolling right turn" through a stop sign or a red light. I make FULL stops and get blasted with a horn from the guy behind me. I also like when i'm being tail-gated when i'm already doing 10 over the speed limit. I give the tail-gater a chance.....if he backs off after a while good. If he continues to flip me off, tail-gate, and swerve I slow down another 5 miles per hour! I'm not even talking about the fast lane either!

And that is so freakin annyoing! I cant stand it when I come to a complete stop and someone blasts the horn at me. One of, if noy my biggest problem with places like Orlando is the behavior of the drivers. As much as I'll miss some of my family here in FL, I am excited about moving back to Asheville NC and not dealing with these people anymore. It sucks, I remember when Orlando wasnt this way. but what do you do? you either have to put up with it and except Orlando for what is is now, or you move. This FL native would rather not put up with the everyday headache and aggrevation.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:18 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learflyer View Post
I worry about tail gaters when Im going 10 over the limit, you never know if its a cop or not. Orange County uses so many different types of unmarked cars its almost entrapment

In Hunter's Creek a majority of drivers get pulled over by Dodge Chargers, Dodge Challengers, Chevy Camaros, Dodge Rams, unmarked Impalas and Ford F-150s

I was on I-4 yesterday doing about 70 and was being tailgated by a bright red Nissan Altima, it was brand new and everything was tinted I could have sworn it was a cop, I slowed down to 55 so he could go around me, he was honking his horn and flipping me off with both fingers

You never know what cops are driving these days. But we still take our chances dont we?

Maybe its because Im young but Im very impatient behind the wheel, and I've done quite a few of these dumb things we all mention. I just feel that when you're on the road, you keep moving like everybody elses speed. Why should I be late somewhere because somebody wants to go 5 or 10 less then the speed limit. It makes me wanna rip them out of their car and punch them in the face

Next question: Youre driving down a busy main road, the speed limit is 50. What do you do?

A. Go 50 miles an hour?
B. Go 55 like everybody else is
C. Be a Sunday driver and drift along at a speed somewhere between 40 and 45, not talking on your cell phone either, causing a long line of cars in your lane

I hate people who drift along at such low speeds, get the hell out of my way so I can go 50 or 55 instead of 40 like you want to do

This is a real problem along OBT between Sand Lake and I-4, the speed limit along there is 45, I cruise at about 50 until I get stuck behind a driver who decides to do 40! AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2009, 09:21 AM

217 posts, read 806,379 times
Hilarious!
But FUBU??! LOL! That's so 1999!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrFlaBound View Post
its more or less people... and people being idiots... not where they are from since you can see it in so many cities. So basically this should be a thread called "Rules of the Road - Drivers and Pedestrians - A Test" and it should be in a general forum.

I agree that it is everywhere, but here in Orlando, it is a bad problem and common theme. Like I said, lived in Asheville for 10 yrs and never had any problems driving. Literally, never. Here I always have to deal with some idiot or careless driver, whether it be on the 408, I-4, or Avalon Pk Blvd. Even in the areas by my house - almost all residential - there are still the same idiots pulling the same stunts. Why would it be that I see more idiots and carelessness here in Orlando on a weekly basis that I didnt see at all in Asheville NC?

Old 12-22-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I worry about tail gaters when Im going 10 over the limit, you never know if its a cop or not. Orange County uses so many different types of unmarked cars its almost entrapment

In Hunter's Creek a majority of drivers get pulled over by Dodge Chargers, Dodge Challengers, Chevy Camaros, Dodge Rams, unmarked Impalas and Ford F-150s

I was on I-4 yesterday doing about 70 and was being tailgated by a bright red Nissan Altima, it was brand new and everything was tinted I could have sworn it was a cop, I slowed down to 55 so he could go around me, he was honking his horn and flipping me off with both fingers

You never know what cops are driving these days. But we still take our chances dont we?

Maybe its because Im young but Im very impatient behind the wheel, and I've done quite a few of these dumb things we all mention. I just feel that when you're on the road, you keep moving like everybody elses speed. Why should I be late somewhere because somebody wants to go 5 or 10 less then the speed limit. It makes me wanna rip them out of their car and punch them in the face

Next question: Youre driving down a busy main road, the speed limit is 50. What do you do?

A. Go 50 miles an hour?
B. Go 55 like everybody else is
C. Be a Sunday driver and drift along at a speed somewhere between 40 and 45, not talking on your cell phone either, causing a long line of cars in your lane

I hate people who drift along at such low speeds, get the hell out of my way so I can go 50 or 55 instead of 40 like you want to do

This is a real problem along OBT between Sand Lake and I-4, the speed limit along there is 45, I cruise at about 50 until I get stuck behind a driver who decides to do 40! AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Case in point. Why even live in a place where you have to deal with these people? That's my thinking anyway.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:16 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Florida's laws on a license and insurance actually are not lax, its ENFORCEMENT that is lax!

At least as far as insurance goes the law is not lax. You have to carry at the very least PIP (personal injury protection) with a $10,000 minimum.
Which in itself is a freaking joke. Get in an accident and get transported to an ER, just basic tests and the ambulance ride will run $10K.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:27 AM

429 posts, read 1,104,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Why would it be that I see more idiots and carelessness here in Orlando on a weekly basis that I didnt see at all in Asheville NC?

i'm gonna assume because Asheville, NC is not as large of an area? Not as many people? I've never been there, so I wouldn't know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando