Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 12:19 PM

23 posts, read 66,670 times

Advertisements

1. The traffic light has three colored lights. Red, Green and Yellow. What do these signify?

a. If it's Red pretend it's still green and keep on driving thru.
b. If it's yellow, it's not really red or green so step on the gas.
c. If its green its okay to drive thru the intersection as quickly as possible.

2. There is a handle on the steering column labeled "turn signal". What's it for?

a. Thats what they call it?
b. I clip my roach to it.
c. I pressed it down once and it made the lights on my car flash pretty.

3. You want to walk across the street and are ten feet from a section called a crosswalk. What is the proper method to cross?

a. walk an extra ten feet? screw that I'll cross now.
b. I'll walk across those funny painted lines, but I will go slowww

4. Walking across a road can be dangerous. What precautions should you take?

a. wear extra dark clothing. FUBU clothing rocks!
b. I have the right of way. That old broad in the Cadillac will stop, no problem!
c. The laws of physics don't apply to me. A car only 40 feet away traveling at 85mph will not hit me if I walk really quick.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:13 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticfish View Post
1. The traffic light has three colored lights. Red, Green and Yellow. What do these signify?

a. If it's Red pretend it's still green and keep on driving thru.
b. If it's yellow, it's not really red or green so step on the gas.
c. If its green its okay to drive thru the intersection as quickly as possible.

2. There is a handle on the steering column labeled "turn signal". What's it for?

a. Thats what they call it?
b. I clip my roach to it.
c. I pressed it down once and it made the lights on my car flash pretty.

3. You want to walk across the street and are ten feet from a section called a crosswalk. What is the proper method to cross?

a. walk an extra ten feet? screw that I'll cross now.
b. I'll walk across those funny painted lines, but I will go slowww

4. Walking across a road can be dangerous. What precautions should you take?

a. wear extra dark clothing. FUBU clothing rocks!
b. I have the right of way. That old broad in the Cadillac will stop, no problem!
c. The laws of physics don't apply to me. A car only 40 feet away traveling at 85mph will not hit me if I walk really quick.
HAHA so true!!!!!!!!!

I would like to add one.

5. The speed limit on I-4 through Downtown Orlando is 50 MPH. What do you do?
a. Continue at my original speed of 70 mph like everybody else, accidents happen to other people but not me!
b. Drop to 45 mph and start talking on my cell phone
c. Drop to 55 and put my flashers on so everyone else going 70 wont rear end me, the cop will give me a ticket cuz his gun was on me, and not the guy going 70

Old 12-20-2009, 10:15 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
"FUBU clothing rocks!" - That was classic!

In my subdivision is the Avalon Park/Waterford Lks area...

Question: When you approach a 4-way stop in the subdivision, what do you (as the driver) do?

A. Drive right through it, I dont see anyone around really...... the kids playing at the playground across the street are a good 10-15 yards away. Plus, who came up with this 'you have to come to a complete stop' at a stopsign anyway?

B. Come to a complete stop 20 feet before the stopsign because your cell phone just rang........ you then put your car in park and begin your cell phone conversation. Dont worry about the cars lining up behind you... there's used to it... they wont even make a fuss.

C. Come to a complete stop like a normal human being as it is the law, and there indeed kids and others walking/jogging in the area.

Answer: The answer is C. It's not hard. But why cant some folks seem to act appropriately?

Old 12-20-2009, 11:00 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
HAHA so true!!!!!!!!!

I would like to add one.

5. The speed limit on I-4 through Downtown Orlando is 50 MPH. What do you do?
a. Continue at my original speed of 70 mph like everybody else, accidents happen to other people but not me!
b. Drop to 45 mph and start talking on my cell phone
c. Drop to 55 and put my flashers on so everyone else going 70 wont rear end me, the cop will give me a ticket cuz his gun was on me, and not the guy going 70

you missed one.

d. Because the speed limit sign changes daily I don't need to observe it since we know all highways are 70mph anyway.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:16 PM

229 posts, read 778,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
"FUBU clothing rocks!" - That was classic!

In my subdivision is the Avalon Park/Waterford Lks area...

Question: When you approach a 4-way stop in the subdivision, what do you (as the driver) do?

A. Drive right through it, I dont see anyone around really...... the kids playing at the playground across the street are a good 10-15 yards away. Plus, who came up with this 'you have to come to a complete stop' at a stopsign anyway?

B. Come to a complete stop 20 feet before the stopsign because your cell phone just rang........ you then put your car in park and begin your cell phone conversation. Dont worry about the cars lining up behind you... there's used to it... they wont even make a fuss.

C. Come to a complete stop like a normal human being as it is the law, and there indeed kids and others walking/jogging in the area.

Answer: The answer is C. It's not hard. But why cant some folks seem to act appropriately?

I think NOBODY in this area knows how behave in a proper 4 way stop. If you try to go through that 4 way stop at the center entrance of the WL mall, and do it properly, you would never be able to cross. It drives me beyond insane, I never use it if I can help it.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:29 PM

429 posts, read 1,104,668 times
these are humorous... but i gotta say, this is pretty much driving anywhere....

even still.. humorous, but these kinda things happen everywhere... stupid people are all around us

although... i've never seen this one before:

Old 12-21-2009, 01:44 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Actually Orlando, Tampa, Miami and then Jacksonville are listed as the most deadly cities for hit and runs in the nation.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Actually Orlando, Tampa, Miami and then Jacksonville are listed as the most deadly cities for hit and runs in the nation.
I'm not arguing that... I'm just saying things like people not understanding a 4 way stop, people not obeying speed limits, talking on cell phones, and idiots running across the middle of the road are common pretty much everywhere, oh and also, so is people speeding up at yellows and speeding on through greens.

But if they are the most deadly for hit and runs, thats terrible, i'd believe it and I obviously wouldn't argue it.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:07 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Probably because of all the idiots driving without licenses or insurance. Florida needs to get tough on that. Caught driving wihtout a license, you get arrested and taken to jail.

Get caught without insurance, you get arrested and taken to jail.

In either scenario your car is towed and before you can retreive it you must provide proof of a one year insurance policy, proof of a current registration, and whoever is picking it up needs to have a valid license.

If you don't pay the tow and impound fees and provide all of that after 30 days, you forfiet the car and it's sold at auction with the proceeds going to the jurisdiction that caught you commiting a crime.

That's the way it rolls in prety much every other state.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Probably because of all the idiots driving without licenses or insurance. Florida needs to get tough on that. Caught driving wihtout a license, you get arrested and taken to jail.

Get caught without insurance, you get arrested and taken to jail.

In either scenario your car is towed and before you can retreive it you must provide proof of a one year insurance policy, proof of a current registration, and whoever is picking it up needs to have a valid license.

If you don't pay the tow and impound fees and provide all of that after 30 days, you forfiet the car and it's sold at auction with the proceeds going to the jurisdiction that caught you commiting a crime.

That's the way it rolls in prety much every other state.
what is the current law in FL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando