Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 09:48 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,600,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Conjecture, flawed opinions, lack of facts, blah blah. I'm sure SUV drivers do nothing of the kind, right?Depends on the crash, the safety features of both vehicles and myriad other factors. Were you going to continue to spout off nonsense or are you going to post the name of your vehicle so we may judge it on its merits versus the "3,000 pound rollerskate", as well as your capability to pass judgment over what car is worth driving and what isn't?
I can give my opinions without having to prove anything. My truck is a 1997 Chevy Tahoe 188,000 miles on it and will last high 300s low 400s on the original motor easily. These trucks are built and tough like "tanks"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 09:53 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,423,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I can give my opinions without having to prove anything. My truck is a 1997 Chevy Tahoe 188,000 miles on it and will last high 300s low 400s on the original motor easily. These trucks are built and tough like "tanks"
People look for different things in a car, some look at it as an "appliance" to get from point a to point b. Others have a more refined taste But your Tahoe can die tomorrow, just like mine could. There is zero predictability in how cars will operate, s*it happens all the time

Old 02-19-2014, 09:54 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,179,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I can give my opinions without having to prove anything.
Of course, that would be the definition of a vacuous gasbag and the reason Americans aren't particularly liked in the world. Although, far be it from me to stop you from sounding like a moron.
Quote:
My truck is a 1997 Chevy Tahoe 188,000 miles on it and will last high 300s low 400s on the original motor easily. These trucks are built and tough like "tanks"
Congratulations. What does your mileage have to do with this thread? Also, the (relative) lack of modern safety features in your truck might actually make it more dangerous than the "rollerskate". The simple fact that in a collision between your truck and a "rollerskate", your truck will more likely stay relatively more intact simply means that more of the energy of the impact is transferred to the driver. Of course, this is a lot more factual than you might be used to, so...

Old 02-19-2014, 10:26 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,434,396 times
Did you take delivery of the Fiat yet, DCmum? If not, you may be able to get the deal unwound and processed on a model with a sunroof. I, too, prefer to have a sun/moon roof in a vehicle, even if not used during the day. No matter what, though, it's not the money pit of a Murano! Congrats on finding a car that gives you joy, and I hope it returns many safe and secure miles for you!

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 02-19-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Did you take delivery of the Fiat yet, DCmum? If not, you may be able to get the deal unwound and processed on a model with a sunroof. I, too, prefer to have a sun/moon roof in a vehicle, even if not used during the day. No matter what, though, it's not the money pit of a Murano! Congrats on finding a car that gives you joy, and I hope it returns many safe and secure miles for you!
Thank you! I found out before taking delivery of the car and the manager told me it was already registered to me I felt like they really did not want to do anything else but just wanted me to take the car since all the paperwork was processed. It was my fault for not checking so I guess, I only have myself to blame, so i did take the car and drove it home but can't stop beating myself over the sunroof

Old 02-20-2014, 02:02 AM

16,695 posts, read 17,466,448 times
I wish you all the best with your new car and hope that you have many miles of happy motoring.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:26 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,038,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
So guys, the manager at the Fiat dealership in Tysons called me today and kept apologizing asking me to stop by and i did ( i work 2minutes from there). When i got there, they showed me a dark red lounge and a light red one. I liked the light one with the white top!So, here i am all excited signed all the papers and realized the car doesn't have a sunroof. How on earth did i miss that??????? So I just bought the 500L without a sunroof, i just want to slap myself ughhhh . Here it is: red1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
OMG thats beautiful.. Mazol Tov!
when its 99 degrees and sticky humidity.. you will be glad no sunroof.. just tell yourself that..

You can always google Webasto to see if an aftermarket sunroof is available for your car.. or go to that 500L forum and ask if someone has had one put on.

Last edited by minibrings; 02-20-2014 at 06:44 AM..

Old 02-20-2014, 06:53 AM

I woke up with that knot in my stomach. I want a sunroof :-( I really do. I love the car n color but I feel like I will never enjoy it now because I will always wonder about the sunroof. I'm even thinking about selling it :-(

Old 02-20-2014, 07:40 AM

403 posts, read 868,667 times
Congrats! Great price. Stunning color combo (& rare that combo has sunroof) With as much glass that is in the car I wouldn't let the sunrooof be an issue - if it makes you feel better, I've read a few folks have had visor problems. I rarely close mine but the ones I read frequently opened & closed theirs, their visor broke, as in fell out. It's a whole new design for this type of visor so fiat is still working out bugs on it.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:02 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,179,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2byte View Post
Stunning color combo (& rare that combo has sunroof)
Except hers doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands