Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 08:09 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,689,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
I woke up with that knot in my stomach. I want a sunroof :-( I really do. I love the car n color but I feel like I will never enjoy it now because I will always wonder about the sunroof. I'm even thinking about selling it :-(
Wait, but you didn't use it in your old car?

Here's what I know about having a sunroof, for the last 18 years, in an older and then a brand new Acura Integra LS, which came standard with it each time. It's useless. I will avoid buying a car with a sunroof again if I can help it.

First off, this is a pretty solid car, nothing rattled, but the damn solid panel shade for the glass roof rattled very early on and there was nothing they could do about it.

Second, open this thing and despite wearing sunglasses the sun at many times of day aims right into that space between the top of your sunglasses and the eye.

Given those two things, after while I just shoved some material in there to keep the shade from rattling and left it closed. I never open it now. There's no point if the sun's going to shine in my eye! Yes, if I wore a ball cap or something, that would block it, but it's just not compelling anyway. I'm usually listening to some audio as well, and all it does is make it too noisy to hear properly.

Now I understand this is me and my particular car, and the designs for the interior shade could improve in 14 years (or longer, probably the design goes back more years), and the placement of the opening of the roof could affect whether the sun angle is an issue. But I'm suggesting that the novelty might wear off, and that since you didn't use it in the past you may well not ever use it now. I think it would be rash to ditch the car now because of this. It could result in losing a lot of money just because of the sunroof. You think you feel bad now, imagine how you'll feel if you extract yourself from this car, losing money in the process, and then go on to never use the sunroof....

I hope you come to good terms with it one way or the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 08:28 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,422,913 times
Greg, and luv 2bute,

ya I never used the sunroof on the Murano , just maybe a couple of times. The thing is the sunroof on the Fiat is huge and looks really nice. I agree that I would be pissed to spend more money and never use it but just the thought of it not being there is very depressing ....

Old 02-20-2014, 12:46 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,362,824 times
And there in a nutshell we have the American dilemma: depressed by the lack of a sunroof which we would never use anyway.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:50 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,038,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
And there in a nutshell we have the American dilemma: depressed by the lack of a sunroof which we would never use anyway.
How is thus an American dilema? Its one person.
Exaggerate much?

Old 02-20-2014, 12:59 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,422,913 times
I understand it might seem trivial to anybody looking at it from the outside but this was a feature I was really looking forward to in this car and I might not get a new car for a few years, so Def. bummed . However, I will just have to live with it, is not the end of the world!

Old 02-20-2014, 02:19 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,178,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
How is thus an American dilema? Its one person.
Exaggerate much?
It's called a metaphor. Here, let me help you.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
I understand it might seem trivial to anybody looking at it from the outside but this was a feature I was really looking forward to in this car and I might not get a new car for a few years, so Def. bummed . However, I will just have to live with it, is not the end of the world!
Definitely not the end of the world. To tell you the truth, I was a bit shocked to find out that you missed the one feature you wanted so much, but these things happen - I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you think about it rationally. You won't use the sunroof at least six months out of the year and, since DC isn't L.A., won't use it every day in the spring/summer, either, but you did save roughly $1K which can hardly be called pocket change.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
It's called a metaphor. Here, let me help you.
Now i get it. On a net forum metaphors and sarcasm are not always clear. I thought you were being obtuse, not metaphoric.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Definitely not the end of the world. To tell you the truth, I was a bit shocked to find out that you missed the one feature you wanted so much, but these things happen - I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you think about it rationally. You won't use the sunroof at least six months out of the year and, since DC isn't L.A., won't use it every day in the spring/summer, either, but you did save roughly $1K which can hardly be called pocket change.
Take the 1,100 savings and rent a convertible on nice, low humidity days..

Old 02-20-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Now i get it. On a net forum metaphors and sarcasm are not always clear. I thought you were being obtuse, not metaphoric.
I wasn't being anything except a smart-ass - Yeledaf, on the other hand...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands