Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2022, 08:50 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Jason Camissa is also extremely impressed - If you want to get more to the point, skip to 7:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxuB4H6uCq8

Pretty wonderfully shot--nice cameo from Rivian in there, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2022, 05:16 PM

12,387 posts, read 9,493,040 times
Edmunds tested the range on the Lucid Air Dream Range model, and found it to be 505 miles, 15 short of the EPA range estimate. Frankly I doubt that the 3% deviation is significant - if they repeated the range test, I am sure they'd get a different number.

In any case, that is some long range alright, and on a 933HP vehicle to boot. It doesn't come cheap at about $170K, but it's an upper level trim on a luxury EV. They are giving Tesla a run for their money with powertrain sophistication.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/tes...ge-record.html

Old 07-19-2022, 04:06 PM

Default Updated model: Lucid Air GT Review

Lucid brought out a GT edition that has a retuned suspension that's supposed to work very well at delivering ride and handling both, and the drivetrain is an absolute powerhouse. The one place that writers are finding fault is with the huge panoramic glass roof, which is great in mild weather, but apparently makes the interior quite hot in the summer. An aluminum roof is said to be forthcoming.

https://jalopnik.com/the-lucid-air-g...fee-1849188800

Old 07-20-2022, 08:26 AM

2,478 posts, read 1,547,458 times
I would buy this beauty… if I were rich and lived near the Autobahn.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:12 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,319,943 times
This last Friday I had the opportunity to test drive the Lucid Air Grand Touring (the step down from the 1100 hp Dream edition and only has 800 hp). My neighbor had put money down on a Touring edition (with a mere 620hp) but the same interior as the higher performance versions. So we went down to test drive one. The Grand Touring are being delivered now, and the Tourings later this year.

It weighs like 5000 lbs, but it seriously moves. And the body control on undulating twisty curves was impressive. Felt like a much smaller car at speed in the twisties. Interior was impressive. Love the materials and colors in this car. HUGE back seat room. BUT, hard to get into the front or rear without hitting your head on the roof line above the doors. The switchgear is solid and makes sense. And the infotainment works well. My neighbor had put money down and had locked in to the earlier price (I think it was $85k). He's now adding to the order the full glass roof. We also tried out the 21 speaker Dolby Atmos sound system, which is incredible, even underway (very little sound from the car, though you can hear the motor whine when you punch it). All in all, a solid luxury player it seems. When my neighbor gets his, I'll spend a bit more time with it and report. The test drive with the salesgirl in the car was a bit short.
Attached Thumbnails
Lucid Air test drive-img_5471.jpg   Lucid Air test drive-img_5473.jpg   Lucid Air test drive-img_5472.jpg   Lucid Air test drive-img_5475.jpg  

Old 08-02-2022, 07:58 AM

2,478 posts, read 1,547,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
This last Friday I had the opportunity to test drive the Lucid Air Grand Touring (the step down from the 1100 hp Dream edition and only has 800 hp). My neighbor had put money down on a Touring edition (with a mere 620hp) but the same interior as the higher performance versions. So we went down to test drive one. The Grand Touring are being delivered now, and the Tourings later this year.

It weighs like 5000 lbs, but it seriously moves. And the body control on undulating twisty curves was impressive. Felt like a much smaller car at speed in the twisties. Interior was impressive. Love the materials and colors in this car. HUGE back seat room. BUT, hard to get into the front or rear without hitting your head on the roof line above the doors. The switchgear is solid and makes sense. And the infotainment works well. My neighbor had put money down and had locked in to the earlier price (I think it was $85k). He's now adding to the order the full glass roof. We also tried out the 21 speaker Dolby Atmos sound system, which is incredible, even underway (very little sound from the car, though you can hear the motor whine when you punch it). All in all, a solid luxury player it seems. When my neighbor gets his, I'll spend a bit more time with it and report. The test drive with the salesgirl in the car was a bit short.
Thanks! This car looks like genuine quality with serious performance. When I compare to the Fisker Ocean the LA makes it look like a mock-up.

One thing I noticed in your pictures is the instrument screen, which appears somewhat pointed, floats above the dashboard. I wonder if that might be dangerous in an accident.

Old 08-02-2022, 08:12 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,319,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
One thing I noticed in your pictures is the instrument screen, which appears somewhat pointed, floats above the dashboard. I wonder if that might be dangerous in an accident.

it's all rounded and will break away. that is IF you could reach it in an accident past the air bags.

Old 12-16-2022, 11:53 AM

Lucid Air's Pure and Touring are now the most efficient mass production vehicles in the US, beating out the former champ, Tesla Model 3 RWD. I also put in the Tesla Model S Long Range as a reference point which in all other ways is the closer competitor. The other thing to point out is that with the higher trim levels of the Lucid air at least, it appears Lucid doesn't game the EPA system as much as Tesla does and so its EPA rated range does seem to be more reflective of real world range:

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find...46207&id=46307

Old 12-16-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Lucid Air's Pure and Touring are now the most efficient mass production vehicles in the US, beating out the former champ, Tesla Model 3 RWD. I also put in the Tesla Model S Long Range as a reference point which in all other ways is the closer competitor. The other thing to point out is that with the higher trim levels of the Lucid air at least, it appears Lucid doesn't game the EPA system as much as Tesla does and so its EPA rated range does seem to be more reflective of real world range:

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find...46207&id=46307
That is impressive, as Tesla has some very efficient electric motors. I think Musk must have taken notice - it looks like he's trying to damage Lucid's stock price, because he's telling anyone who will listen that they are going bankrupt. Mind you, Lucid may be having some difficulties, but I don't think that Elon Musk is just a disinterested, neutral observer. He's been known to move markets with his public statements and he plays that game frequently.

Old 12-16-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
That is impressive, as Tesla has some very efficient electric motors. I think Musk must have taken notice - it looks like he's trying to damage Lucid's stock price, because he's telling anyone who will listen that they are going bankrupt. Mind you, Lucid may be having some difficulties, but I don't think that Elon Musk is just a disinterested, neutral observer. He's been known to move markets with his public statements and he plays that game frequently.
Yea, I get a chuckle out of the most efficient vehicle being a premium land yacht that does 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds! That's pretty wild.

Not sure which way Elon's endorsements or censures count for these days--it seems like there are about as many people and as intensely from either side. To be honest, I think he just takes up too much collective attention and mindspace. I'd rather be thinking about trains or BBQ or mycology or heat pumps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands