Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 02:49 PM

2,481 posts, read 1,554,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Looks okay. Interior definitely isn't 70k, but if they can actually make the 35k one for 35k then that's huge. I could see that taking off kind of like the Kia Soul did as a surprise hit. At 70k it's not going to sell well.
Agreed. Double the price should mean nearly double the range. But Under 40k seems like a green light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2023, 08:22 AM

61,745 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Fisker debuts an entire range of new EVs, including one sub-$30,000
As Fisker Ocean deliveries slowly start, the company is looking ahead to new things.
The electric vehicle startup Fisker made a splash in Huntington Beach last night, showing off a range of new EVs it plans to build alongside the Fisker Ocean, which is slowly beginning deliveries in Europe and the US. With shades of Lotus circa 2010, it seems there's something for most tastes, with a powerful four-door GT, a versatile pickup truck, and an affordable electric city car.
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/08...one-sub-30000/

Old 08-06-2023, 08:33 AM

12,475 posts, read 9,560,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
https://insideevs.com/news/673532/fi...iveries-begin/

22 Fisker Oceans delivered in California today on first day of delivery in the US. Forecast has been cut from over 40K to 32K-36K which while still tough is a bit more reasonable though I think that's quite optimistic.
Yes, it looks like they are taking deposits on 4 vehicles as of today. This is a company that has gone through bankruptcy once already, and had two major engineering program flops - with their capacitor technology and their solid-state battery technology. While I hope they'll succeed, I am a bit skeptical as to whether they have the substance - as a relatively small company with some shaky finances, to deliver on these bold promises.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 08-06-2023 at 09:15 AM..

Old 08-06-2023, 08:36 AM

30,455 posts, read 21,289,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Fisker debuts an entire range of new EVs, including one sub-$30,000
As Fisker Ocean deliveries slowly start, the company is looking ahead to new things.
The electric vehicle startup Fisker made a splash in Huntington Beach last night, showing off a range of new EVs it plans to build alongside the Fisker Ocean, which is slowly beginning deliveries in Europe and the US. With shades of Lotus circa 2010, it seems there's something for most tastes, with a powerful four-door GT, a versatile pickup truck, and an affordable electric city car.
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/08...one-sub-30000/
Never heard of them.

Old 08-08-2023, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Yes, it looks like they are taking deposits on 4 vehicles as of today. This is a company that has gone through bankruptcy once already, and had two major engineering program flops - with their capacitor technology and their solid-state battery technology. While I hope they'll succeed, I am a bit skeptical as to whether they have the substance - as a relatively small company with some shaky finances, to deliver on these bold promises.
They are partnering with some manufacturers that have serious creds (Magna Int’l/Foxconn). Time will tell, but the designs look promising.

Old 08-08-2023, 05:43 PM

12,475 posts, read 9,560,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
They are partnering with some manufacturers that have serious creds (Magna Int’l/Foxconn). Time will tell, but the designs look promising.
Agreed that Fisker makes some sharp looking designs. FoxConn is a huge company, but they don't have a track record in the automotive business, and the last company that partnered with them to make vehicles - Lordstown Motors, recently collapsed, and the two companies are suing one another. I am not saying Fisker/Foxconn can't do it, but to me at least, it feels like a risky bet, not a safe bet.

Old 08-17-2023, 07:18 AM

Default Fisker to adopt NACS (Tesla charging standard)

I just got this email from Fisker:
“Fisker will adopt the North America Charging standard. Starting Q1 2025, our customers will have access to over 12,000 Supercharger stations across the United States and Canada, further expanding our already broad geographic coverage to ensure an even more reliable and stress-free charging experience.

Current Fisker customers will soon have the option to use a NACS adapter to charge their vehicles at Superchargers. Fisker will later update its vehicle engineering for new cars to the NACS inlet.

The Fisker Ocean has the longest range of any new electric SUV in its class 1 with an EPA estimated range of up to 360 miles 2. Our superior range combined with a robust and reliable charging network will transform your EV ownership experience.”

Old 08-17-2023, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Agreed that Fisker makes some sharp looking designs. FoxConn is a huge company, but they don't have a track record in the automotive business, and the last company that partnered with them to make vehicles - Lordstown Motors, recently collapsed, and the two companies are suing one another. I am not saying Fisker/Foxconn can't do it, but to me at least, it feels like a risky bet, not a safe bet.
Magna Steyr has engineered or assembled vehicles including Mercedes-Benz, Aston Martin, Jaguar, BMW, Audi, Fiat, Toyota. I never even heard of Magna until I began to research Fisker.

Old 10-02-2023, 09:47 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,441,390 times
Pretty in-depth look at the Ocean and it's looking like a very solid vehicle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKEOb9rC5Po

Old 10-16-2023, 06:16 PM

Good overview, OC. I’d like more info on the driving characteristics and charging stats. If I were to purchase one I’d like to know how it handles in snow first. Also, I think Fisker has arranged a network of service shops, but I’d have to learn more about that as well.

Again, for less than 40k at reduced range it might be quite a deal for an EV SUV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands