Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 07:54 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,545,581 times

Advertisements

I’m looking at the Fisker Ocean. Price is currently set under 40k for their sport model with a 250 mile range. They are selling premium models that are listed at closer to 70k with with a 350 mile range. They have partnered with Magna and are manufacturing in Austria.

Anyone have insight on this vehicle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 06:42 AM

Well, I reserved a Fisker Ocean. The reservation is $250.00, but refundable (other than a $25 processing fee). The loaded models will be available first, with the base model available probably late 2023. You have the option of purchasing or leasing.

I decided to reserve even though I still have many questions I need answered by Fisker, including servicing the vehicle in my area.

For under 40k for the base model, at 250 miles range, this is a lot of car for the money, imho. It’s bigger than a Honda CR-V, and a lot nicer.

https://www.fiskerinc.com/ocean

Old 07-21-2022, 06:00 AM

Default Fisker financing

Recently received this notice from Fisker. Looks like JP Morgan-Chase is the bank they have partnered with.

Introducing Fisker FinanceSM

We are excited to announce Fisker Finance℠ our soon-to-be-launched direct-to-consumer digital financing platform, offering seamless and convenient loan purchase options to prospective Fisker buyers. Fisker Finance℠ will enable you to apply for vehicle financing, receive competitive, personalized decisions1, and have options to finance vehicle accessories2.

Old 07-21-2022, 06:41 AM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
I’m looking at the Fisker Ocean. Price is currently set under 40k for their sport model with a 250 mile range. They are selling premium models that are listed at closer to 70k with with a 350 mile range. They have partnered with Magna and are manufacturing in Austria.

Anyone have insight on this vehicle?
I'd be worried that Fisker will be the Beta machine and Tesla was the more popular VCR.

Forget range/financing options, your biggest obstacle will be depreciation and their dealer network.

I'm not a EV buyer at this point but if I was I'd buy a Mustang EV or a BMW X EV. Why? Huge dealer/parts networks and somewhat predictable depreciation curves. Mustang would be more budget minded, BMW would be more style influenced.

In recent travels, the Tesla supercharger network is pretty impressive. Its disappointing that only Tesla buyers can use those but that's a huge plus for Tesla buyers.

Old 07-21-2022, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I'd be worried that Fisker will be the Beta machine and Tesla was the more popular VCR.

Forget range/financing options, your biggest obstacle will be depreciation and their dealer network.

I'm not a EV buyer at this point but if I was I'd buy a Mustang EV or a BMW X EV. Why? Huge dealer/parts networks and somewhat predictable depreciation curves. Mustang would be more budget minded, BMW would be more style influenced.

In recent travels, the Tesla supercharger network is pretty impressive. Its disappointing that only Tesla buyers can use those but that's a huge plus for Tesla buyers.
I agree. I put $250.00 down, of which I may have returned (-10%) if I decline to purchase. The Ocean hasn’t even been independently tested yet, so I’m following along closely. If it doesn’t materialize that’s okay for me, though I would give it a try for the value this vehicle offers.

Regarding the Mach-E and Tesla, I would go with them but for the fact that they are both too expensive and, in the case of Tesla, out of the Fed tax credit incentive (Ford will likely also be out by the time I could get one). That’s a considerable chunk of change. The Sport is under 40k, with a $7500 credit. That’s close to 17k less than the Mach-E (real world) and closer to 20k difference to the Tesla.

However, by the time they contact me for purchase it will likely be 2024. By that time I’m guessing there will be far more choices. Hopefully the bottlenecks in production will ease up as well.

Consider this an experiment.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:50 AM

Default Fisker prompting orders in anticipation of the Inflation Reduction Act

I received this email this morning from Fisker. It seems they will open ordering of the vehicle now in order to increase the likelihood of purchasers to take advantage of the federal tax incentive before the new legislation takes place. The new federal plan excludes manufacturers that assemble their cars outside the U.S., apparently. I’m not sure about the details of the tax incentive and if Fisker’s strategy here will work.

Fisker, Federal EV Tax Credits, and The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022

Firm Orders Open at 12 PM EDT / 9 AM PDT Today

Dear Ocean Reservation Holders,

Congress is currently moving quickly to pass The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 – historic legislation to address the climate crisis and promote clean energy, including billions of dollars in electric vehicle infrastructure funding. 

Importantly, the current draft of The Inflation Reduction Act proposes to phase out existing federal tax credits after 2022 for electric vehicles assembled outside North America and further imposes certain annual modified gross income restrictions for taxpayer eligibility of any credit ($300,000 joint return; $225,000 Head of Household; and $150,000 all others). The Fisker Ocean is designed and engineered in California and assembled in Austria. To learn more about the existing federal EV tax credits, click here. The federal EV tax credit change section starts on page 366.

The Fisker Ocean is designed and engineered in California. Consistent with Fisker’s aim to deliver the world’s most sustainable vehicle, the Fisker Ocean is assembled at Magna’s carbon-neutral plant in Graz, Austria.

Fisker is reacting quickly by extending to our US reservation holders the invitation to enter into a firm commitment to purchase their Fisker Ocean and confirm their trim level now. This may allow Fisker customers to take advantage of the existing $7500 federal tax credit scheme for which they may qualify under the Transition Rule if the Inflation Reduction Act is enacted*.

Old 08-22-2022, 11:37 AM

So, this is likely my last post in this thread. I’ve cancelled my reservation to order because of the unlikelihood Fisker will be able to qualify for the updated federal rebate. The vehicle is still priced under 40k (base model), but if the Tesla 3 and Mustang Mache E both qualify for the federal rebate then it seems far safer and more practical to go for one of them vs the Fisker. Too bad. I was willing to give the Ocean a try.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:35 AM

Default Fisker Ocean latest news

Well, here’s the latest news on the Fisker Ocean. Still looks very intriguing. Driving impressions, time-frame, costs, etc. Be sure to scroll down to see the “coming out” party video.

It looks beautiful. Base level still projected at $37499, mid-level at $49999, top-range $68999.

From Motortrend,

The Ocean's 400-volt electrical architecture will support vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-grid charging. Battery choice will be the fundamental differentiator between the different Ocean models in terms of their range and performance, and because batteries are expensive, that's reflected in the price.

The entry-level front-wheel-drive 275-hp single-motor Ocean Sport is expected to list from $37,499. For that you get the LFP Touring Range battery Fisker says will deliver an estimated EPA range of 250 miles. The least expensive of the dual-motor models, the $49,999 Ocean Ultra, boasts a total of 540 hp and is expected to deliver 340 miles of range on the NMC battery dubbed Hyper Range.

Revised software means the top-of-the-range $68,999 Ocean Extreme's Hyper Range battery will take it 10 miles further between charges than the Ocean Ultra, and it will get there quicker courtesy of its performance-focused 550-hp powertrain. Fisker claims a 0-60-mph acceleration time of about 3.6 seconds and a top speed of 130 mph. The Extreme also comes with solar roof panels that provide 1,500 to 2,000 miles' worth of range per year in ideal conditions.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2..._channel=email

Old 11-23-2022, 06:35 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
Well, here’s the latest news on the Fisker Ocean. Still looks very intriguing. Driving impressions, time-frame, costs, etc. Be sure to scroll down to see the “coming out” party video.

It looks beautiful. Base level still projected at $37499, mid-level at $49999, top-range $68999.

From Motortrend,

The Ocean's 400-volt electrical architecture will support vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-grid charging. Battery choice will be the fundamental differentiator between the different Ocean models in terms of their range and performance, and because batteries are expensive, that's reflected in the price.

The entry-level front-wheel-drive 275-hp single-motor Ocean Sport is expected to list from $37,499. For that you get the LFP Touring Range battery Fisker says will deliver an estimated EPA range of 250 miles. The least expensive of the dual-motor models, the $49,999 Ocean Ultra, boasts a total of 540 hp and is expected to deliver 340 miles of range on the NMC battery dubbed Hyper Range.

Revised software means the top-of-the-range $68,999 Ocean Extreme's Hyper Range battery will take it 10 miles further between charges than the Ocean Ultra, and it will get there quicker courtesy of its performance-focused 550-hp powertrain. Fisker claims a 0-60-mph acceleration time of about 3.6 seconds and a top speed of 130 mph. The Extreme also comes with solar roof panels that provide 1,500 to 2,000 miles' worth of range per year in ideal conditions.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2..._channel=email

Yea, it does seem competitive.

And that it really is going to happen: https://electrek.co/2022/11/22/watch...der-3-minutes/

To be honest, I wasn't really expecting them to make it into production, but it's looking like deliveries are going to happen pretty soon.

Old 12-01-2022, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, it does seem competitive.

And that it really is going to happen: https://electrek.co/2022/11/22/watch...der-3-minutes/

To be honest, I wasn't really expecting them to make it into production, but it's looking like deliveries are going to happen pretty soon.
Yes, for the top of the line model. The sub-40k model may take a while to reach the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands